Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
My 4week preg confirmed on aug 28th 2015 and another new person sperm enter to my uterus new guy misused me in sep5th again sep11 my scanning shows my 6 weeks pregnancy. I just want to know after pregnancy confirmed did new sperm can enter into the preg n change the DNA or new egg will catch this new. Sperm. If yes. Within 6 days baby growth will comes for 6 weeks pregnancy Im carrying only one babt due date on april, 29th 2016.
Hello sir I am 18 year old I have suffering from neck pain in last 3 days when I am move the neck there and where its pain the most and and I am not taking any medicine please prescribe me quick what can I do for my paining neck.
Sir, I have too much acidity problem even sometimes I daily eat Rabeprazole DSR capsules. Is there is any permanent solution of this problem?
My grandmother aged 60yrs, is having high sugar level it is never going down to 180. please give some suggestions and suggest diet and some better medicines.
I have a question I used to put on make up alot as I was in airlines now stopped doing on frequent basis but whenever I apply I normally itching and swelling in my eyes. Kindly help.
Hi doc I have a sexual problem that I can't be last long on bed, maybe I have a problem of early ejaculation. Will you please prefer me any medicine.
I get blood when ever I spit I had cough and have not taken any medicine bt now the cough is over so please kindly help.
How strong digestion .any naturally treatment. please I have weak digestion. So I eat only some less.
Sir/mam if I take milk, curd or anything made from milk, I fallen ill and alot of cough form in me, problem in breathing and so on please advise me.
What is osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a disease concerning the bones. Decreased strength of the bones poses a risk for them to break. Osteoporosis is very common among older people, whose bones become brittle with age. The most common bones affected by this disease include the backbone, forearm bones and the hip bone. There are no such symptoms until a broken bone occurs. The bones weaken to such an extent that a break may happen in case of very minor stress. Usually, a broken bone is followed by chronic pain and the disability to perform daily activities. Surveys show that 15% of white people in their 50s and 70% of white people in their 80s are affected by osteoporosis.
What are the common causes and symptoms of osteoporosis?
- May occur due to the lowering of the 'peak bone mass index'.
- In women, bone loss increases after menopause stage due to lowering down of estrogen level.
- Also occurs because of another disease or previous treatments. This includes alcoholism, surgical ovary removal, hyperthyroidism, anorexia or any form of kidney disorder.
- Anti-seizure medicines, chemotherapy, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and taking of performance-enhancing drugs like steroid increase the bone loss rate.
- Lack of regular exercise may lead to osteoporosis.
- Osteoporosis is defined as a 'bone density of 2.5 standard deviations below than that of a young adult'.
- Osteoporosis is hereditary in nature. People having a family history of osteoporosis are at a high risk of getting the disease.
- More than thirty genes are linked with osteoporosis development.
- If you have had a fracture before, you are at a risk of a repeat.
- Early menopause in women is also responsible for osteoporosis.
- People with a small structure and body build are at a risk of getting osteoporosis.
- Protein and vitamin deficiency makes your bones weak and makes you vulnerable to osteoporosis.
- Phosphoric acid present in soft drinks is another threat, which may cause the disease.
- People suffering from malnutrition are likely to get osteoporosis.
- Over replacement of L-Thyroxine may lead to osteoporosis.
- Use of heparin and warfarin for a long time decreases the bone density.
How can Osteoporosis be prevented?
The best way to avoid getting osteoporosis in the future is to maintain a preventive lifestyle.
- Exercise regularly
- Indulge in natural calcium sources
- Maintain intake of vitamin D and K
- Do not smoke and consume alcohol
- Don't undertake stressful physical activities
- Go for regular health checkups
- Stay fit and stay away from obesity
Osteoporosis is a disease you must stay away from. It leaves you physically incapable and unfit.