Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sandeep
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SandeepYour feedback matters!
Sir my palm and lower part of leg (talwa) are scratching or itching from 3-4 days, very highly at night by which I can't able to sleep in day time it occur less. Why it happen and how can be it treated. As my blood report are. HB is 12. 6gm% TLC is 7000/cmm Neutrophil is 86% ESR is 31 mm/1st hr RBC is 4/93 millions/cmm Platelets count is 1.94 lakhs/cmm MCH is 23.5 picogram MCHC is 27.1%
I have acne problem but I every time use facewash to prevent it but it always come back again how to fix it?
I am taking levocitrizine tablets because I have fungal infection due to dandruff in my head. When I regularly take tablet, it reduces infection. But when I stop taking tablet, infection comes again. Dandruff is also not going away. Please tell how can I stop taking medicine as I have fear that it can start a side effect also.
Hives, also known as ‘urticuria’ is a skin disorder that is characterized by formation of white or red welts on the surface of the skin. The sizes of the welts may vary and can last for up to six weeks or more. The disease is not life threatening but the general discomfort associated with it can interfere with your daily activities. The symptoms of hives are treated by taking anti-histamines and anti-itching medications.
Let’s take a look at the symptoms:
1. Development of red or white welts, especially on torso, arms and the face
2. The welts may cause severe itching
3. Painful swelling on various parts of the body such as cheeks, lips and the insides of the throat
4. You may experience tightness in the chest and feel dizzy
What might be the causes?
Hives occur when certain cells are triggered into releasing histamine (an organic nitrogenous compound). The various factors that trigger this condition are:
1. Insects bites or parasite bites
2. Continuous scratching at the same spot
3. Various pain medications
4. Prolonged exposure to sunlight
5. High levels of stress
6. Excessive consumption of alcohol
This disease can lead to severe complications which have been listed below:
1. Severe allergic reaction: Anaphylaxis is an allergic reaction that causes the bronchial tubes to narrow down thus, obstructing normal breathing. It is a condition that may, in certain cases, lead to death as well. Hence, you need prompt medical attention if you suffer from this complication.
2. Breathing complications: Swelling on the inner parts of the throat may obstruct normal breathing and cause you to pass out. It can also increase the risk of certain immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and celiac disease (a disorder caused by eating gluten rich foods in excess).
The treatment for this disorder includes taking anti-histamine medications that help in blocking histamine (organic compounds which help to regulate physiological functioning) in the body. You may also be administered anti-inflammation medications to reduce inflammation. Wear loose clothing and stop scratching away at the affected regions of the body to make sure you do not aggravate the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.