Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sandeep B RYour feedback matters!
Is kissing and licking vagina of my wife is healthy. Secretions occurring in vagina can go in my mouth.
I have hole on both side of my teeth on left & right when drink normal water then it will pain given any solution.
I am suffering from mandibular tori in my lower jaw and I think it becomes large in size in one side . What should I do?Please tell.
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.
Hello, I am 25 years old. Actually I sm depressed in thinking about bad breath. A bad smell is spreading out from my mouth cavity. I will not be able to interact with people closely. Suggest me proper medications. I have no medical issues with GI system. I make sure to drink 3 lit. Of water every day.
My daughter 2 years old and her teeth starts decay from last 6 month very fast and goto know it cannot be cure until she grown up and we have stoped her bottle feeding because uper portion will decay due to bottle, can you please let us know what need to be done to cure now and stop falling her teeth? and also because of upper teeth contact lower teeth start getting infection.
I have tooth problem since 2 weeks doctor suggest me remove damaged tooth if I do it there is effect eyes or not gibe me answer what I have to do.
I am getting mouth ulcer almost every week, I am taking B complex tablet but no use. Please suggest a medicine to get rid of this mouth ulcer.
Hi I am 33 and I have problem in 2 teeth one in the left upper and one in the right lower with big cavity hole both teeth is main teeth. Is is better to remove the teeth or doing root canal is better. Please suggest.
Hi my name is nixon leon. I was suffering from severe tooth pain last night. I took some medicine that was processed by my mom. But no relief. So pls advice me what medicine I have to take.
Hi, while spitting I could see some blood in that. I used to smoke before. But I stopped smoking before 2 years. While smoking I got twice. After stopping, 1 year I don't have any problems. But in the past 6 months I got it twice. I always don't have my breakfast. I used to have lots of cool drinks ice creams.
Have a teeth problem my front teeth on lower bottom are small and there is gap b/w upper an lower part and sometimes in lower teeth pain started and blood comes out with saliva all time. So plzz tell me what should I do.
My tooth gums are reducing rapidly. Should I go for periodontal flap surgery? I'm in confusion as my another dentist says the surgery has post surgery problems.
What is the precautions to be taken for the root canal treatment? And what is the reason for the discolouring of teeth in the front region? What is the main reason for the puss coming behind the teeth?
Hi! I a. Suffering from oral submocous fibrosis for a year ago please help me to cure that serious disease.
Brushing baking soda on your teeth twice a month can remove the stains of coffee or red wine and give you your pearly white teeth back.