Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SamynathanYour feedback matters!
My baby is 4 months completed top feed only we r giving dexolac is the good and any other formula we can give pls suggest us a best one.
My son is 6 months old. I feel he is facing problem of motion. Earlier a month ago, he used to pass motion 5 days once in normal form(no hardness) and now, some times three times in a day or two that too in liquid format. Leaving these, he is very active by his age and no abnormal crying observed. Worth to mention that, recently he suffered with fever for a day and we given dosage of Paracetamol syrup IP. Please help.
I have a 3yrs old baby. Should I use toothpest during washing her teeth? if yes, please suggest me which tooth pest?
My 2 months baby refuse to take mother's breast feed. We are trying hard to feed him but he refuse to take, while he is enjoying to take breast feed from others women. I wanted to know long consequences for the same. We are giving him formula milk. Should we give some additional supplement or any other techniques can we apply for breast feed. We require valuable input.
Abusive head trauma (AHT) and shaken baby syndrome usually refer to the same thing. When a parent or other caregiver shakes and injures a child, it's sometimes called shaken baby syndrome.
Shaking a baby is the most common form of AHT. It occurs most frequently in babies younger than 1 – typically when an adult is overwhelmed by a crying baby and tries to get him to stop. It can happen when an adult is frustrated with a toddler or preschooler, too.
AHT is also the term doctors use to describe a serious brain injury that results from blunt force. Receiving a blow to the head and being thrown or dropped cause similar injuries to violently shaking a child, so doctors refer to all such injuries as AHT.
When a child's head is shaken back and forth, his brain bumps against the skull, causing bruising, swelling, pressure, and bleeding in and around the brain. The impact often causes bleeding in the retina – the light-sensitive portion of the eye that transmits images to the brain.
A child with AHT may also have a damaged spinal cord or neck as well as bone fractures. The extent of the damage depends on how long and hard the child is shaken or how severe the blow to the head is. But in just seconds, a child can suffer severe, permanent damage or even death.
My baby is 6.5 month old. She is doing vomiting since yesterday. We have introduced curd in her diet recently.
He has started his 6th month today so wat food we need to start with him as he is on only feeding and powder milk?
Behavior of a child should always be closely monitored during his/her early development. Sometimes signs of several personality disorders tend to show up early in life. Proper monitoring of the child's behavior helps to identify the signs and properly diagnose the condition if the child is suffering from any potential personality disorder.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
- You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
- It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
- There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
- You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
- Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
- Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
- Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
- Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
- Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.