Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SamynathanYour feedback matters!
I am 37 years old and have two daughters of 9 years and 2 years old. After breast feeding, my breasts became very loose and a lot of fat in tummy area. Could you please suggest any cream or medication for both? thank you.
My Son, 11 months old doing potty 4 times in a day since 3 days & losing weight. His current weight is 7.5 kg. Please advise how to overcome from this.
Sometimes children suffer from conditions where their feet may not be in proper shape or size, something that can affect their posture. Most of the times the disorders get corrected themselves as children grow up, but there can be situations where medical attention is required. These conditions can be normal variations in the anatomy as well which don't essentially require treatment. Some of the common orthopedic disorders found in children include:
- Flatfeet: While most babies are born with flat feet which develop arches as they grow, in some case the arches remain underdeveloped even after they grow older. Their feet may turn inwards while they walk due to their flat nature. There is no inherent problem in this condition unless it becomes painful. Doctors may recommend special footwear with arches inserted for support to reduce the pain.
- Toe Walking: Toe walking is not a disorder while your child is just learning to walk. Toddlers who continue to walk on their toes after the age of 3 may require medical attention. Toe walking on one leg or persistent toe walking can be due to other medical conditions like muscle weakness, cerebral palsy or autism. It is advisable to take your child to a therapist for casting the foot and ankle which can help stretch the muscles.
- Pigeon Toes: In toeing or pigeon toeing is common among babies when they are first learning to walk. Sometimes children above 3 years walk with their toes inwards which can be due to femoral anteversion. This happens when upper part of the leg bends more than it naturally should, causing inward rotation of the feet. Specially designed shoes and braces can help to correct this condition. Usually, the condition corrects on its own with age and does not interfere with sport activities which involve running.
- Knock-Knees: It is a common tendency among children aged between 3 and 6 to develop knock-knees (genu valgum), since their bodies go through natural shift in alignment. Usually, treatment is not required as the legs straighten out eventually. Knock knees on one side or persistent knock knees may require medical attention. Children with this disorder may suffer from pain hence in some cases surgery is recommended after the age of 10.
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.