Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sameer R Rao
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sameer R RaoYour feedback matters!
Open heart surgery is a complicated heart procedure. Although the number of open heart surgeries performed over the past has decade has reduced significantly, howeevr, it is still an important surgical procedure to fix critical heart ailments.
Here is a quick fact-checker about this procedure:
- The Coronary Artery Bypass Graft or CABG is one of the frequently performed procedures in the open-heart surgery space. This is a procedure that is related to fixing the blocked arteries of the heart. A study conducted by the National Institutes of Health revealed that most patients who had undergone CABG become angina-free within a span of five years.
- Many hospitals refuse to share any data related to the surgery. It makes sense to run a background check on the surgeon who is scheduled to perform the procedure. Society of Thoracic Surgery lists all doctors and the number of procedures they have performed in this space.
- This is one of the few surgeries where a doctor needs to make a deep incision close to 2-2.5 inch through the breastbone to separate muscle and get access to the heart.
- The patient is hooked to a heart-lung machine before the proceedings begin. This machine pushes blood to the body. It helps the doctor to stop the heart and perform the procedure. Once the procedure is over, the doctor closes the incision made through the breastbone with sternal wires. Then the surgeon gives a minor electric shock to the patient to restart the heart. Subsequently, the patient is taken off from the heart-lung machine.
- The patient might find himself tangled with many tubes as he wakes for the first time after the surgery. These wires take the fluid out of the body. They serve as a temporary pacemaker for the patient.
- It is important to get a clarification from the surgeon as to from which location of the body would the veins be taken from to perform CABG. Most doctors prefer the vein from the leg. However, recent studies have shown that veins can be extracted from the internal chest wall. This results in a speedy recovery for the patient.
- The patient is kept in an ICU for a couple of days before he is shifted to the general ward where he spends close to a couple of weeks before he is released. After the patient gets home, the typical recovery time for the patient is approximately 6-8 weeks.
- One has to usually deal with heightened emotions after an open-heart surgery. Studies have shown that over 20 percent of the CABG patients suffer from depression, anger, and other emotional problems. This typically lasts for a year till everything becomes normal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Briefing on Hypertension and its treatment
I'm Dr. R.K Joshi from Siddharth Clinic, Palam Bihar Gurgaon. Mai aaj aap ko hyper tension k baare me kuch batauga, ki hypertension hota kya hai aur hota kyu hai aur iske causes kya hai aur treatment kya ho sakti hai. Hypertension, kyuki ye tension hota hai jo aap ki arteries jo humareblood vessels hai unka tension hota hai, unke lateral wall spe padhta hai jis ki wajah se humko hypertension hota hai. Aur jaisa ap sab log jante hai ki ye blood humare saare sharir me daudta hai islye har organ pe ye apna bad effects chod k jaata hai jaise ki aap ka liver, kidney, heart, brain sab jagah pe iske bad effects dekhe ja sakte hai aur etina mein bhi iska effect aata hai, eye mein parde k upar. To islye isko treat karna, iske baare me janna bohot zaruri hai, to ye humare lifestyle k thode se changes se jo hai thik ho sakta hai.
Medication part bhi isme hai lekin vo bohot baad mein aata hai. Lekin iska jo hai jise cardaic arrest kehte hai jisme aapka cardiac muscles kaam karna band ho jaata hai jis ki wajah se aap ka immediate death ho jaata hai. To kyu ki heart humare paas ek hi hai isliye humein usko bohot sanjo k rakhna padhta hai aur humare jo 4 chambered heart hota hai, jisme ki 2 deoxigenated aur 2 mein oxigenated blood hota hai. To isliye ye pumping station hai aur isiliye iska bohot khyaal rakhna padhta hai. Aur aap apne diet me jaise ki aap unsaturated fats le sakte hai, saturated fats mat lijiye, aur aap junk food pe zyada depend mat hoiye.
Aur dusri baat aap sodium ka intake kam kar sakte hai jo ki humare common white salt mein bohot hota hai kyuki sodium chloride hai vo. To unko aap kam kar sakte hai jaise jinko Hypertension hai unko to thoda kam lena chahiye aur jinko nahi hai, jo swasth hai abhi unko bhi one teaspoon se zyada per dy consume nahi karna chahiye, aur oily chizo se bachna chahiye, potassium ka intake zyada hona chahiye kyuki potassium isko level karta hai, kam karta hai. Jaise potassium k liye aap kela apne diet me shamil kar sakte hai, kela, amrud mein thoda potassium mil jaata hai aap ko to iske wajah se aap isse bach sakte hai aur aap isko thik kar sakte hai, level me la sakte hai. Aur agar koi young hai to uske liye 140-190 tak bhi chal jaata hai, uske niche hona chahiye to accha hai.
Lekin jaise aap ki age badhti hai to upper limit 150-260 bhi ja sakta hai, lekin contrl karna chahiye taki vo niche hi rahe 140 k to zyada better hota hai. 70-90 aap ka niche ka jisko hum distolic kehte hai aur 140-150 upper limit hai jisko hum systolic bolte hai, systolic blood pressure kehte hai. To aap agar ye rakhege to aap k liye accha hoga aur iska treatment part mein homeopathy mein khas taur se humlog ka disease diagnosis nahi hota hai, symptomatic treatment hota hai jisko ki hmare clinic pe agar aap aate hai to aap ko homeopathic doctor sahi guide kar sakte hai ki kya treatment aap ko chahiye.
Agar aap ko aur kuch bhi jankari chahiye ho to aap mere se sampark kar sakte hai through Lybrate aur mujhe khushi hogi ki mai aap ke shankaon ka samadhan kar sakun. Dhanyawad.
I am 35 and have thyroid since 2006. Have some symptoms since last 3 years. All reports are normal. Can somebody cute my thyroid forever without medication?
My father's age is 66 years. Bp and diabetic level is normal. His lipid profile is excellent but hs-crp reactive protein level is 3.38 which is very high. He has asthma issue in heredity. Now went under eco, ecg and tmt test. Eco and ecg is normal but tmt report is showing some issue. Now cardiologist suggested us to have angiography to know the exact blockage issue. Now my question is when lipid and other blood report eco and ecg is normal in that case still there could be any blockage? does elevated hscrp level may due to asthma? if there is blockage then why not appearing in eco and ecg? please suggest us. Should we go for blood thinner medicine first or angiography is must.
Doctor, I am 53 years HAVING DM sine 20 years and HTN 10 years on rx. For DM, I am taking Human mixtard Inj 70/30 20-0-30, for BP, Telsartan and metolar xr 25 morning and evening reply. Brilinta 90 mg 1-0-1, storvas 40 mgs and plagerine 75 mgs night time. For heart problem. I underwent angioplasty on Nov 02, 2015, as I had severe chest paid 3-4 days back and there was no attack. I used to masturbate from my young age ie when I was 15-16 years, by pressing penis to pillow/bed more and more frequently not knowing the consequences. I as suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation since 25 years almost I am unable to penetrate the penis into vagina, penis is used to come to normal immediately after erection, as there will be ejaculation. THERE IS NO HARDNESS IN PENIS, NO THICKNESS/LENGTH HAS ALSO COME DOWN. I TOOK HOMES/AYUR/ALLOPATHIC TREAT5EMENT WHO ARE specialized IN THSI FIELD BUT OF NO USE. Offler I am finding my memory is also coming down some times. I used to forget immediately. Sometimes thereiwll be blueness of vision (no cataract) I will sometimes nervousness want to go to sleep immediately. Appetite is also poor. Backside of head is also paid too much.
Whenever you wake up from sleep my chest starts paining, this problem is from past 1month. It pains for about 1hr and then it calms after I apply some balm, sometimes it dosent pain for days but sometimes it starts. Is anything serious abt it?
Male, 45 Years old, working for an IT company not heavy work but long working hours, bad eating habits and not able to eat on time too. I try to be on treadmill at least 4-5 times in a week, walk at average speed of 5 km for 30 minutes try to burn minimum 150 Calories. My Mother has and grandfather had Diabetes Issues I feel like Tired in the morning, not feeling good about going to work. Some headache too. Increase in thirst but overall water consummation is 1.5 liters / day Urination is frequent because of water drinking 5-6 times in day and sometimes once in night. Should this be increased? Always ready to sleep, enjoy sleeping in day especially on weekend. Average daily sleep is 6-7 hours. Love to eat sweet, Fried food and Non veg. I have BP for couple of years I was taking inditel ch 80 OD for last 2 years recently changed to Inditel 40 mg twice a day. Recently I got my medical check up done at my own and some of the issues noticed were Blood Sugar Fasting 167, HbA1c 7.6% Average blood group 171 mg/dl over a period of 3 months Uric acid 7.38, Cholesterol, 211 LDL Cholesterol direct 143 Need help to find solution to my problem.
So what is the problem in young people?
Usually you people are very sensitive now days you can't come out from depressions in fact depression depress your entire system resulting in a syndrome. Which is almost untreatable.
You are leading a life full of fantasies unnatural diets a lot of narcotics and sleepless nights.
So do you really want to overcome of it?
You should because it will ruin your entire system
So what should you do.
1. Correct your diet. Cut off salt, intake fruits veggies, home baked items are best for you.
2. Do exercise routinely.
3. Through all those unnecessary things out of your life which make you sleepless of correct them.
4. Narcotics like cigarettes alcohol Gutka tobacco are very harmful.
5. Limit the use of electronics like phones laptops.
6. Take a good sleep and stay away from stress beat it before it lead you.