Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samar KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi sir am rahul yadav I am 24 year old, currently my weight is 95 kg, I want loss my weight any how so pls tell me what to do?
I have a pain in my left leg calf muscles (from knee to ankle) and it become quite heavy .It has been for last 10 yrs. X_ray, MRI done but no any result come, Please suggest the good treatment.
My throat have paining when I eat some oily food, cold water, and when there is change in seasons from last 6 months. I tried many specialist but after few days when tablets are finish there is again paining and it is reddish in throat.
Hi, I am having white hair at a very young age and would like to reverse hair colour if possible. Can you suggest me any methods or tests I should perform to reduce hair greying.
Are you suffering from diabetes? If yes, then it’s time for you to be extra careful about your health. Diabetes may cause several other diseases as well. You must check your lifestyle and take efforts to get rid of diabetes as soon as possible. If you have diabetes, then youu are at risk of developing nerve damages (neuropathy), vascular injuries and other heart diseases, regardless of your age, sex or other external or internal factors. Diabetes patients must strive to maintain fasting blood glucose levels less than 110 mg/dL and hemoglobin HbA1C level less than 7%. Also, diabetes patients should keep a check on blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Here’s how diabetes can affect your overall health:
There is a correlation between blood pressure, cholesterol levels and diabetes. Researchers have found that high bad cholesterol levels act as hindrance to insulin regulation. People with diabetes are more likely to develop heart-related diseases. About 60% diabetes patients die due to heart attacks. Diabetes is responsible for hardening of arteries or atherosclerosis. This situation is dangerous and can cause heart attacks, strokes or other chronic diseases.
Diabetes leads to impaired nerve function. This is called neuropathy. This condition is of two types: Peripheral (affects toes, feet, legs, hand, and arms) and Autonomic (affects digestion, bowel, bladder, heart and sexual activity). Symptoms of neuropathy include tingling, weakness, burning sensation, numbness in the limbs, digestive disorders, infection of the bladder and erectile dysfunction.
Diabetes is responsible for causing damage to the kidneys as well. This is called nephropathy. In this condition, the filters in the kidney or glomeruli get damaged. As a result, there is a leakage of protein in the urine. Consequently, kidneys get damaged. Urine showing small amounts of protein is an indication of kidney damage. About 20-40% patients suffering from diabetes die due to renal failure. The symptoms of renal disorder due to diabetes include itching, fatigue, urine with protein, swelling of feet and ankles and pale skin colour.
Diabetes causes non-injury amputations as it affects the nerve in the limbs, especially foot. Usually, minor infections in the foot may lead to ulcers and later require amputation. In rare cases, charcot joint or charcot foot may also occur. This is called neuropathic arthropathy. The symptoms include swelling and reddening of the foot. The bones of the affected foot have a tendency to develop cracks, deforming the entire region. Diabetes leads to blindness in adults. The eye disorder caused due to diabetes is called retinopathy. Patients with diabetes develop cataract easily. The capillaries and blood vessels in the retina get damaged or obstructed, resulting in damage to the entire retina.
Ayurvedic remedies for diabetes:
- Plan your diet as it is one of the most important thing in order to manage your diabetes. One must take balanced diet. But avoid foods increasing the Kapha Dosha. These include sugar, fats, potatoes, rice. You must avoid alcohol
- Take the help of physical exercises or yoga to stay fit.
- Check your weight.
- Don’t sleep during daytime.
Here is a list of useful herbs for diabetes management–
- Jambhul (Eugenia jambolana) powder from jamun core.
- Gurmar(gymnema sylvestre)
- Bitter Gourd/bitter melon (Momordica charantia)
- Bel (Aegle marmelos).
- Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)
Apart from these basic natural foods, you must contact an Ayuvedic practitioner, who will help you not just in planning your diet, but will suggest certain specific Ayurvedic medicines which will boost you efforts to get rid of diabetes.
I am 35 years old and I have pigmentation problem on my cheeks. Kindly let me know do we have creams which can be done cure ASAP.
Hi I have greasy hair. After shampooing my hair, it takes less that 3 hours for my hair to get greasy back again. Please help.
I can never wake early in the morning like 4 am.. What should I do to wake early which is like impossible or too difficult for me?
I am 23 male. I made plans and I am good at everything I write in plans. I don't have sense of time and I wasted last 5 years thinking why am I so careless and lazy and started feeling low about myself. I was previously patient of depression and treated for that but in a row I become patient of chronic procrastination I think. I don't bath for week though I use to live very hygienically. I am treated with valporic acid by my doctor and I feel frustrated with each and every day as I am not doing anything just distracting myself into something else. Please help me I wasted so much of time that I cant afford to be unhealthy for a second.
I have kidney small stone. I had pain 2 years ago. But now I have no pain. What can I do. Please reply me or suggestion.
What is the best way to get rid of these problems, I have been facing these problems for 6 years Pimples, oils forms on skin very much and white heads on around nose and lips. Please help me with these.
I am 20 yrs old and my weight is 40 kg. Bur sometimes I feel weakness and I don't understand what to do.
Maintaining a healthy relation with your partner in bed is of utmost importance for your relationship, but it should also kept in mind that it is not the only factor which is important. Your sex life is one of the keys to a successful relationship. With the advent of time, your sexual relationship with your partner may start to fade and seem uninteresting.
Here are 5 tips following which you can maintain a passionate sex life:
- Maintain overall intimacy: Regular good sex is important as it helps you to forget your daily hustle and bustle and end up in a different kind of world. Sexual intimacy is a key factor in living up your relationship. However, you should keep in mind that intimacy is not just confined to the bedroom. To maintain your spark, you must be intimate in other aspects of life as well with your partner. Preparing a meal together, dancing together, going for vacations enable to maintain intimacy in other sections instead of just the sex.
- Communicate: Tell your partner about your sexual preferences. Mention what you like and what is not suitable for you. Getting comfortable with each other is the most vital aspect in maintaining continued passion in your sex life. If you are not totally at ease with your partner, you may never find yourself experimenting or trying new moves in bed. Moreover, your partner is your counterpart and your most trusted companion. Communication at the level of friendship is also very important.
- Make Efforts and Moves: For people who are very busy and have got no time for their partners, a change in mentality is required. Instead of giving up on your sex life because of lack of time, make a move to find time and solve the problem. Taking time off will also relax your mind on account of which you can enjoy the sex better. Little things like dinner together, a shower together can be great boosters. So never ignore them. All you need is give some effort.
- Maintain a playful relationship: Always maintain a playful nature with your partner. Instead of pertaining to the bed, spice up your sex by choosing different locations. Indulging in sex on your rooftop under a full moon, or buying innovative, naughty sex toys allows you to gel better with your partner. Sex is enjoyed more when accompanied with laughter and fun.
- Be unpredictable: An ever static, same old routine dampens your sex life. Making unpredictable moves, which have got something new in them as these add new life to your sexual relationship. Try the funniest and most charming moves to surprise your partner. This ensures everlasting freshness.
Your sex life is an important part of your relationship and you should try your best to maintain the passion throughout.
I am 28 yrs old and my current weight is 51kg. So because of that I look fat from upper half of body. I also have a problem of mensuration from last 7-8 yrs. As it is not regular so I have to take medicines. I start doing exercise to loose weight. Please provide me a diet chart so that I can get back a perfect body shape. Thanks.
I am having conjunctivitis on my right eye since 6 days and my eyes are paining a lot and now my left eye has also been affected above all I have been suffering from 102° fever since last 4 days and my head is paining like hell from the second days and the pain hits stronger in my head whenever I see light or walk but its stable when I am in bed whenever I sleep my shoulders, neck pains a lot and there has not been much improvement in my eyes and I have not slept properly from last 5 days I am taking an allergic medicine and eye drop for it please help me.
Urinary incontinence is the leakage of urine or urinating involuntarily. Urine is released by a process called micturition where the detrusor muscles of the urinary bladder contract to empty the bladder. This is usually a voluntary action but when the muscular contractions become involuntary, incontinence occurs.
Urinary incontinence may be caused due to stress, pregnancy, obesity, weak pelvic muscles, alcohol intoxication or due to diseases like diabetes, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease. Children under the age of 5 experience incontinence most often. People above the age of 65 are also prone to the condition. The disorder is observed more in women than in men. The associated conditions of urinary incontinence are:
- Infection in the urinary tract: The risk of bacterial infection is increased due to incontinence and abnormally frequent urination. If you have had an infection in the urinary tract in the past, chances are that incontinence will cause repeated or chronic infectious diseases in the tract.
- Skin diseases: The skin is constantly wet and in continual contact with nitrous urinary toxins like urea, inorganic salts and compounds. So, over time, the skin becomes red and itchy. Rashes and sores may also develop. Sometimes, when you scratch the itchy skin too much, the capillary blood vessels may break and cause a petechial rash - red and brown spots - to appear on the skin.
- Anxiety: There is a constant feeling of shame that accompanies the disorder. Urinary incontinence, which is a common symptom of many medical conditions, is often, not reported to doctors. The patient often avoids socializing due to fear of being unable to control the micturition process in a social situation.
- Depression: Urinary incontinence affects the patient's psychological health directly due to the adverse impact on his or her quality of life. The amount of sleep is often decreased as the patient is afraid of urinating while being asleep. The condition may also cause restrictions on employment and other recreational activities.
- Sexual problems: Most women suffering from urinary incontinence report decreased sexual urges, painful intercourse and are even unable to achieve orgasm in spite of responding to sexual stimulation because of urinary leakage during intercourse leading to embarrassment and withdrawal.