Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Salman ShariefYour feedback matters!
As I walk through dusty road, now I feel my throat itching and some times running nose please Suggest me Medicine.
Thyme herb belongs to the mint family. Apart from being a staple culinary ingredient, it is getting fast recognition for its medicinal benefits. Here are 13 topmost benefits of thyme -
1. Fights acne: When thyme is soaked in alcohol for several days, it turns tincture and attains antibacterial properties for fighting acne.
2. Lowers blood pressure: If thyme can be replaced with salt in foods, it will work effectively in lowering the heart rate.
3. Controls cough: Thyme oil mixed with ivy leaves is a wonderful natural remedy for cough, cold and even acute bronchitis.
4. Boosts immunity: Thyme comes loaded with nutrients like vitamin A, C, Manganese, Copper, Iron and fiber to help build body's immunity.
5. Helps in controlling pests: Thyme is added as a primary ingredient in many pesticides for controlling pests, virus and bacteria. Rub thyme leaves on your arms and legs and you will be safe from mosquito bites.
6. Improves mood: Thyme essential oil contains a substance called 'carvacrol'. This substance helps thyme in being used as an aromatic agent that renders many therapeutic uses.
7. Protects from cancer: Thyme extracts render protective effect on organs like colon and breast from cancer.
8. Treats yeast infection: Thyme essential oil can be applied over yeast infected areas (vagina and mouth) for quick relief.
9. Cures rheumatism: The diuretic properties of thyme oil can help in removal of toxins, which consequently improves the circulation and can cure rheumatism.
10. Strengthens cardiac muscles: Thyme has anti-spasmodic properties that make it eligible to be used for regulating the functioning of heart valves. It relieves heart from stress by smoothening veins and arteries.
11. Can help treat gas: Thyme is an effective carminative agent and can easily push gas downward for removal.
12. Uplifts low blood pressure: Thyme is a boon for those who often have plummeting blood pressure to save them from the sluggish lifestyle.
13. Kills virus: Thyme, in its various forms, holds immense antiviral potential and prevents the entry of the virus into the cell.
Dr. Ji mere penis Pai red rashes ho gye hai. Mene first time sex kya tha ek lady k sath wo married thi mene Bina condom k sex Kiya tha Mene test karwya hai vrdl or hiv ka Dono non reactive agar mujhe herpes hai toh mujhe konsa test karwna hoga? please sir help me Mai bhout depression Mai hoon.
I am 16 years old and my height is 5 feet and 7 inches is it normal? And I want to grow to 5 feet and 10 or 11 inches is it possible for me to grow? And how? Please help me! nd yeah I masturbate twice a week.
My gallbladder was removed 1 month before. After that I have no problem about it. But suddenly I feel pain inside my navel (right side). I went to the ultrasound. He didn't found anything. Only he found 7 mm hernia on my bellybutton. But he told me that it's not create any problem right now. Doc said it's nothing But I took pain killers but it not work. Still I feel pain when I walk or site etc. please suggest me.
Is there any chances of HIV aids, if I done sex two different girls in one day without any protection & Condoms?
I am suffering from premature ejaculation. What should I do? should I use hollow dildo for better sex experience?
Fungal infection in the nails is caused by an overgrowth of fungi in your nails. When the growth of fungus happens on the fingernails or toenails, it is known as onychomycosis or tinea unguium.
Here are the probable causes of why you might get a fungal nail infection:
- Problems in your circulatory system
- Artificial nails
- Swimming in public pools
- Nail injuries
- Skin injuries surrounding the nail
- Fingers or toes, which have been moist for an extended period of time
- Immune system problems
- Wearing shoes which have enclosed toes
It is also worth noting that fungal infections happen much more frequently in your toenail as compared to your fingernails, this is because of two main reasons. Firstly, that the fungi can grow very easily on your toenails because of the position as your shoes are dark, warm and moist and therefore, perfect for the growth of fungi.
The second reason for more fungal infections on your toenails as compared to your fingernails is because toes have less blood flow than fingers, thus making it harder for the immune system to fight off the infection.
Fungal infections in your nails are one of the easier infections to diagnose. This is because there are several symptoms which indicate you have this condition.
Here are some of those symptoms:
- Scaling underneath your skin
- White or yellow streaks on your nails
- Corners of the nail may crumble
- Flaky surface of the nail
- Yellow spots at the bottom of the nails
- Loss of nail
- A nail breaking off from the rest of the nail
- An odor from the nail
- Brittle or thick nails
I'm 21 year old female, I suffered from headache since last few months. Actually headache at the backside of my head where cerebellum located. Total portion of back of head is paining when I'm going to sleep.
I am 25 year old, male. My problem is in my tongue. There are a black hairy. Both side of my tongue. I have no any problem of this. Bt I frusted by this. What is this?
Bloodshot eyes indicate the reddening of the eye vessels. They can cause irritation and make the eye swollen. The condition may arise due to allergies, eye infections, allergies, fatigue and other illness of the eye. It does not signify a disease but indicates an eye condition which might have caused the eye to redden. Bloodshot eyes can be encountered in one or both the eyes.
Causes of Bloodshot Eyes:
One of the frequent causes of bloodshot eyes is irritants such as dry air, pollen, pet dander, dust and UV rays of the sun. Shortage of sleep also tends to make the eyes red. Inflammations of the eye can also make them red giving a bloodshot appearance. It can even happen with people who wear contact lens for more than 16 hours without soaking it in the disinfectant. At times excessive dryness can make the eyes red. Some other reasons for the eye to become red include conjunctivitis, blepharitis, glaucoma and corneal ulcer. Another concerning reason of bloodshot eyes is a subconjunctival haemorrhage. While the latter is not dangerous in nature, it can cause significant trouble if proper care is not taken on time.
Symptoms of Red Eyes:
Some of the common signs of bloodshot eyes include watery eyes, foreign sensation, burning feeling, dermatitis, falling of eye lashes, light sensitivity, swollen eyelid, itching of the eye and feeling of irritation of the eye.
The Complications Involved:
In most of the cases, bloodshot eyes do not imply serious complications. In case it happens from conjunctivitis, a person may not be able to go to work, wear cosmetics and come in public places since it is a communicable disease. If bloodshot eyes arise from a serious condition such as glaucoma and trauma, some of the possible complications may involve the following:
Vision loss due to complete blindness
Spreading of the existing condition to other persons
Eye loss in severe cases
Bloodshot eyes might arise from an array of reasons. While it cannot be totally dodged, some general preventive measures can ensure that such a condition does not arise:
Keeping hands clean by thoroughly washing them with liquid soap
Not sharing personal belongings such as washcloths, linen, and cosmetics
Get immediate medical attention in case of any eye injuries
Stay away from an environment that is full of allergens
Staying away from people who are suffering from infectious eye diseases such as conjunctivitis
Taking a shower immediately after getting in touch with an infected person suffering from conjunctivitis
Wearing eye glasses in a dusty environment
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.