Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Salantha KrishnaYour feedback matters!
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
Do all wisdom teeth create dental problems?
No, if a wisdom tooth has completely erupted through the gum and tissue, without actually harming the teeth next to it, it does not require to be extracted. But, this is only if the individual is able to clean and brush it thoroughly. The wisdom teeth should be properly examined and dental care is necessary to prevent any complications.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
1. In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
2. While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
3. In case a wisdom tooth develops a cavity, it should be extracted.
4. An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications.
My upper & lower teeth (6nos) have fallen down. Is there any treatment to fix the artificial teeth. Please give your suggestion.
Hello sir, I have a problem in my teeth after delivery my teeth's are so week give me suggesion what can I do?
Hi doc's! I don't know what is happening in my gums. Its become red and I am not able to eat little bit of spicy food. Please suggest.
I have a pain and a clicking sound when open my mouth. The sound is coming from ma jaws like when I open my mouth and close it there is a sound nd sometimes it pains too what should I do.
How is teeth implant better than denture? Whether it is advisable to get teeth implant done for all missing teeth together or in bunches of few teeth 2-3 times? How long does the implanted teeth last? What are the precautions to be taken before and after teeth implant?
I got my tooth (premolar in lower jaw) extracted 3 days ago. I still face the extreme pain from jawline to ears. It is unbearable and seems my ear is about to dead. Somebody would have entered so deep in ears. So to avoid that, I am continuously taking pain killer like Ketra2 Nd moxo even though doctor advised me two take two times only till two days. But I have taken almost for 3 times for 3 days. Still after 3 days, I can feel the extreme pain as the effect of tablet finishes. frequency consumption of tablets has caused allergy might be. I have two small ulcer in my lips. Please advise how long this pain will last. And any method to cure this at earliest. Thanks.
My mouth is not fresh. My all Teeth and tooth has been infected soo what should I do? Tell please M very sad.
I have tooth ache day before yesterday due to which I took a pain killer (bruffin). Now I have swelling and pain. What to do doctor?
Sir may I know that what is the reason that my teeth is not fully wash with bright. I wash my teeth daily with colgate maxpress. What should I do?
I am 42 years old with good health but I am facing problem mouth ulcers frequently every month, I do not use to chew any type of tobacco, cigarette or drinks, please suggest me what's the reasons.
My front four teeth is yellow I use tooth brush daily but they are still yellow what can I do to white my teeth please tell me.
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil. But suggested me to go for root canal for m1 and m2. Please suggest me can I go for 1 or 2 root canal. With ciramic or zirconium note: I have a habbit of night grinding of tooth is there any side effects for root canal is the recurrence process is complicated or simple how far it is safe?
Crooked teeth pull down a child's morale in a big way. It not just impacts their chewing and looks, but also makes oral hygiene practices difficult for the child and the parent. Orthodontic treatment, which may involve removing a couple of teeth and realigning the other teeth is very popular to correctly align these teeth.
The entire process of this treatment starting from initial visits to diagnosis to completing treatment to follow-up is a prolonged one. While the time with the dentist is quite significant, the time for the child to adjust to the braces and come to terms with the new 'thing' in their mouth is also quite taxing.
This requirement of time followed by need of adjustment time makes summer the ideal time to get braces for the children. Read on to understand a little more on the same:
- Time/Scheduling: The summer holidays gives children enough time to make the numerous visits without having to affect their school routine. The child and the parent have to make numerous visits to the dentist, the initial oral examination, getting radiographs done, moulds done, removal of teeth if required, checking for their healing, getting the braces in place, and follow-up visits for adjustments. In addition, on the child's side, they need sufficient time to heal from the teeth removal, get used to the presence of the metallic braces (in most cases) in their mouth, and get used to the new oral care methods. Another thing to consider also is the proximity of the dental clinic and the availability of the orthodontist. Most clinics schedule the orthodontist visit on one day of the week to cover all cases. Also, most children are in their early or late teens when they go for braces and are therefore in important stages of their academics. Therefore, summer becomes the best time to go for braces without affecting the schedule.
- Oral Care: Having braces requires extra care from the child to learn oral hygiene measures. The braces make it easy for food particles to remain on the teeth, increasing chances of decay and gum disease. The child needs to make a conscious effort to keep this clean as developing decay during the treatment complicates the whole scene. Therefore, summer gives the ample time required to get used to the oral care routine.
- Safety: Children with braces who are into sports should start using mouth-guards to protect them from injury during contact sports. Again, summer is a time to indulge in sports, and this will give the child adequate time to adjust to the use of mouth-guards.
All these make summer the ideal time to go for orthodontic treatment.