Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saira ZiaYour feedback matters!
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis.
Hlo Dr. Meri umar 24. Sal h meri shadi 6 mhine phle hui nd mera miscarrige bh ho gy th is bich or Dr. Ne mjko btaya hai ki muje pcos hai mjhe kya krna cahiye kya ye jad se ktm ho jata h.
My friend got married in last march. And they lived 4 months together. But still she s not pregnant. She had history of PCOD. But now there s no syst.
Avoid dental X-rays during pregnancy. If X-rays are essential (such as in a dental emergency), your dentist will use extreme caution to safeguard you and your baby. Advances in technology have made X-rays much safer today than in past decades.
Don't skip your dental checkup appointment simply because you are pregnant. Now more than any other time, regular periodontal (gum) exams are very important, because pregnancy causes hormonal changes that put you at increased risk for periodontal disease and for tender gums that bleed easily – a condition called pregnancy gingivitis. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your dentist or periodontist as soon as possible.
Eating Right for Your Teeth and Baby
Avoid sugary snacks. Sweet cravings are common during pregnancy. However, keep in mind that the more frequently you snack, the greater the chance of developing tooth decay.
Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Your baby's first teeth begin to develop about three months into pregnancy. Healthy diets containing dairy products, cheese, and yogurt are a good source of these essential minerals and are good for baby's developing teeth, gums, and bones.
Vagina dry but feels aroused like 3,4 times a week Please let me know the sexuality in female age after 45 years go low or Will be as normal.
After a normal delivery whether the vegina will be same as like before delivery. Please solve my doubt.
My frnd has gone with unprotected sex on 26th Oct. Her LMP was 29th September 2016. It was safe period for her. N the ejaculation was outside. She is afraid of unwanted pregnancy, she was expecting menses today. BT till now no menses have occurred. What she shud do. Plzzz help.
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
My periods are coming 30 to 40 since 4 months i'm trying to get pregnancy please tell me my ovulation day.
A dairy free diet has many implications. While it is considered as a healthy option by many, it also means that you are cutting off on supply of calcium and even some amount of protein. Calcium, as we all know, is the life-giving force for your bones and joints.
So how can you get your dose of calcium without dairy products? Here's a quick list!
- Beans: Get your fill of calcium with the protein and calcium-rich chickpea. Other brown, black and white beans also have plenty of natural calcium sealed in each bean, which can be ingested on a daily basis. Legumes or smaller beans can also be used for your daily calcium fix. You can cook the legumes like an Indian dal and have it with a serving of rice, or make a yummy hummus with plenty of chickpeas and a touch of garlic. Toss beans soaked overnight in a salad bowl to enjoy calcium for lunch too!
- Fish: Salmon and sardines are known to be excellent and healthy sources of lean protein as well as Omega-3 fatty acids, which keeps the heart healthy above all else. But did you also know that fish contains plenty of natural calcium which can help your bones and joints too? So stock up on fish and enjoy as often as you can. Plus, salmon and sardines also give you a good dose of Vitamin D.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits like figs and almonds are packed with calcium among various other nutrients and minerals which makes it ideal for a snack as well. Munch on these to get a constant dose of calcium even when you are on the go, or busy at work.
- Greens vegetables: If you thought green vegetables were only a good source of iron and magnesium, you may have to think again. Greens like bok choy are filled with essential nutrients including a good amount of calcium, Vitamin A and C. Kale, turnip greens, seaweed and black-eyed peas also make it to the list of calcium-rich greens.
- Citrus fruits: Get plenty of calcium by starting your day with a glass of orange juice, blended to perfection with carrots as well. Use lemons in your salad and eat all the citrus fruits you can get your hands on. These are all excellent sources of calcium.
- Sesame Seeds: These seeds are rich in calcium and can also keep cancer at bay when taken regularly.
- Foxnuts (Makhane): Foxnuts are rich in protein and calcium. Roasted foxnuts are a great snack also.
Pack your diet with all the food groups for a balanced diet that will lead to a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Im 5 weeks pregnant. And Dr. confirmed that its triplets. Scared confused. Do not knw how to proceed? Please suggest.
Dear sir, I am female, 22 years old with 1 baby born of 10 months old. I am experiencing that my anus tube is slightly out and it pains when I sit, or lie down straightly, this is second time happening but it goes in again after few days approx- 10 days, please advise.
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton) – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA`s (poly unsaturated fatty acids): flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA`s. Other oils that contain PUFA`s are safflower oil, soybean oil, sesame oil, olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables etc.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium.
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds.
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Increase calcium intake:-
– milk and sea food, nuts- ground nuts, walnut, almond and cashew nuts; green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fruits like - custard apple and banana.
– Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
I had taken ipill twice in month my period on the same date of the last month but its not bleeding much only 2 3 drops of blood come why is it so. What its mean? Does it mean its pregnancy?
I have two big cysts around 6cm, 5cm on my two ovaries, my age 39. Is there any remedy to cure my cysts without operation.?
My periods have been irregular since past 6 months. What should I do? Is there any serious problem that I have to face in future and what steps should I take now?
First dates are ever so romantic if you are with the perfect guy. Women go all out in making their man feel special, especially when it comes to playing games in the bedroom. But a lack of sexual desire can play spoilsport for any relationship, and things may end even before they start. Sexual appetite is something that is a facet of a normal adult’s life. However, a lack of something like this can be the cause of some discontent in a relationship in which the partner’s appetite is different.
However, as long as a woman is willing to alter her lifestyle in a few ways, she can really boost her libido. Here are some tips for women to give their libido a much needed boost.
- Drink less and quit smoking: While drinking, as long as it is in moderation, could be said to be ok, one thing that is to be avoided at all costs is smoking. There are more than enough negative side effects of smoking, and a woman doing so is axing her own sex drive.
- Move your body: A healthy amount of exercise is great for the body and also in improving the female libido. The reason for this is that when a woman exercises, the blood flow across her body greatly improves and this does result in a better functioning of her sexual system. In addition to this, the greater the amount of exercise done by a woman, the higher the level of testosterone in her bloodstream, which goes a long way in increasing her desire to have sex.
- Stay happy: Being positive in general can really work wonders for a woman’s sex drive, as it has a range of benefits which include increasing her self-worth and her desire for sex as a partial or indirect result of the same. The great thing about being able to harness the immense power of positive thinking is the fact that apart from just her libido, the other aspects of a woman’s life will greatly improve.
A life which is bereft of or even lacking in adventure can be quite dour, to say the least. As a matter of fact, this can have a pretty big impact on the female libido as well. If a woman makes the effort to get away from the normal, run-of-the-mill schedule she may have, the benefits of doing the same are likely to manifest in her libido. Also, as it is said: sex begets more sex and this will quite likely kick off a rather enjoyable cycle for the woman.