Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Saira Zia
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saira ZiaYour feedback matters!
My Dr. Does not tell me cyst she told everything is alright and other Dr. Told me tht it is pcos n pcod in my sonography report ROV 10 ml LOV 13 ml bulky ovary wht should I do.
Hypothyroidism is a condition wherein the body lacks sufficient amount of thyroid hormone. As this hormone is responsible for the process of metabolism in the body, whenever one suffers from hypothyroidism, one will definitely suffer from slow metabolism. Thyroid Hormone Deficiency, as the disease is commonly known as, is actually more common than people can actually estimate it.
Causes of hypothyroidism
There are basically two causes, which prompt deficiency of thyroid hormone. The first reason may be the inflammation of the thyroid gland, whereas the second reason may be a result of various medical treatments which a person may undergo. In the first case, a large number of cells of the thyroid gland get damaged or die, as a result of which sufficient hormone is not produced. In the second case, if there is a need to remove a certain portion of the thyroid gland or all of it, the leftover mass may not be able to meet the needs of the body. This will result in deficiency of the thyroid hormone.
There are a number of symptoms which indicate that one is suffering from hypothyroidism. Some of them are:
- A constant feeling of fatigue even after sleeping for 8-10 hours
- Abnormal weight gain or weight loss
- Fluctuations in mood
- Imbalances in hormones, irregular periods, low sex drive or infertility
- Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excessive loss of hair
- Hands and feet becoming cold and the temperature giving a constant reading below 98.5°F
- Pain in muscles or joints
- Swelling of neck, snoring or the voice becoming hoarse
- Having problems in mind like fog issues
Each patient may suffer from many of the above-mentioned symptoms. The number of symptoms in the body is actually a result of the degree to which the hormone is less in the body. Often, any one of the above symptoms may be a result of the suffering. But most of the people affected will have a combination of the above symptoms. Some cases have also shown that the patients, for a long time, have shown no signs at all.
They suffer silently. The occurrence of any one of the above signs should ring a warning bell and one should consult an endocrinologist. If immediate consultation is not taken, the symptoms will gradually progress and life-threatening problems like depression, coma or heart ailments may arise. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am trying to conceive for a long time. Recently diagnosed with regressing cyst in right ovary. My gynae prescribed me birth control pill for one cycle. I am confused what to do. Shall I take BCP or try to conceive again this month. Please help.
Hi this is fathima. Before 4 months I was pregnant and caused miscarriage. My last period date is may 12 to june 25 (upto 45 days of periods with first 30 days 3pad daily and last 15 days 1pad daily) now I am pregnant. I need to know how many days I was pregnant? By fathima 18-07-18.
Hello sir My married life is not happy due to my virgin is very loose and my breasts also loose like 70 year's old lady. Because of my husband r not interested to me .Please suggest me how to tight my virgin and breasts.
Causes of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Major cases of pregnancy loss occur due to genetic abnormalities and chromosomal abnormalities. The abnormality may occur from the sperm, egg or the early developed embryo.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may occur in a woman due to ascending maternal age. This happens because of poor quality of the egg, which further leads to chromosomal abnormalities. In some cases, the pregnant mother or the father can have some gene irregularities. In such cases, the would-be-born infant is affected, and this causes pregnancy loss or miscarriage.
- Uterus abnormalities also lead to recurrent pregnancy loss. This may happen because of poor supply of blood to the uterus. Abnormalities in the uterus are in-born in some women and in others these may develop over time.
- Women having a poor immune system are likely to suffer pregnancy loss. Abnormalities in hormone secretion like thyroid or diabetes may also cause pregnancy loss in women.
- If a woman suffers from abnormalities in blood clotting, the chances of miscarriage are enhanced.
Testing for recurrent pregnancy loss
Several tests and examinations should be carried out for detection of pregnancy loss.
- Karyotype analysis of the woman and her male partner has to be conducted. Karyotype refers to the genetic or chromosomal constituents of an individual and this test is carried out to detect abnormalities in genes and chromosomes of the parents, which cause miscarriage when passed on to the developing infant.
- Another test includes the evaluation of the uterus and the uterine cavity. This is done by ultrasound, saline ultrasound, MRI, hysterosalpingogram X –ray or by hysteroscopy. These tests help to get information on the uterus shape, about fibroid presence, detect abnormalities within the uterus and observe the opening and closing of the tubes. Tests to detect the functioning of hormones are also carried out.
The treatment for women with recurrent pregnancy loss depends upon the underlying causes of the pregnancy loss.
- In case of patients with karyotypic abnormalities, genetic counselling is recommended, where a specialist is consulted to know about chromosomal abnormalities.
- Prenatal genetic studies are carried out by some couples to know about the offspring’s genetic make-up. This is done with chorionic villus sampling or with amniocentesis. A process known as in vitro fertilization (IVF) can be carried out.
- In case of uterine abnormalities, a surgery may be performed and medications for reducing blood clot are used if antiphospolipid syndrome is detected.
Recurrent pregnancy loss may happen due to various reasons and proper tests, and treatment procedures should be carried out for curing pregnancy loss. This phenomenon affects a woman and her partner deeply. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.