Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Saira TaherYour feedback matters!
Hi, My Wife is again pregnant but we want stop this time for couple of years. Can you please advice me?
During sex when I enter penis into vagina she says her vagina is burning due to intercourse some time. Please help me.
A before meal technique would be to have a tsp of linseed with water. It brings in the much needed lubrication required for constipation.
Consuming hot water with sour lime juice and half a teaspoon of salt added to it would be beneficial in treating constipation.
HELLO SIR, I am newly married. I have done sex without precaution with my wife on 22nd may. And her last date was 14th may. So sir her this month date was 11th june. But her this month period did not start. Till now we have done a pregnancy check with prega news but it show negative result. Now what we do. Sir pls guide me. And also tell what are safe day and unsafe day. Thanks. Pls reply as soon as possible.
Hello. Sir /madam my friend have some problem during toilet. Blood bleeding during toilet.Please tell.
I'm 6 and half month pregnant and my baby weight is just half kg how to gain weight of baby need help plz.
Five months pregnant. Vomiting frequently feeling tired. Difficult to travel even short distance. Suggest me home remedies.
I am 21 years old, and I am pcos border line. I have tried walking, running, yoga and gyming also but still my weight is only increasing. What should I do and eat at the same time!
Hi Doctor, My friend and her girlfriend indulged in protected sex 2 weeks ago. My friend is 110% sure that, nothing was released inside. Her gf's periods also started normally, on the desired date. Its just that the flow is not as expected and little slow and also the pain which used to happen every time is less. His girlfriend recently got up from up from a heavy dancing routine and sickness. Doc prescribed her heavy dosage of antibiotics and other medicines and she also remained in work related tension few days back. Can you please tell the possible reason of this low period flow? Thanks.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.