Lybrate Mini logo
Lybrate for
Android icon App store icon
Ask FREE Question Ask FREE Question to Health Experts
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Sailaja V


Pediatrician, Bangalore

11 Years Experience  ·  0 - 250 at clinic
Dr. Sailaja V MBBS, DCH Pediatrician, Bangalore
11 Years Experience  ·  0 - 250 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning....more
I pride myself in attending local and statewide seminars to stay current with the latest techniques, and treatment planning.
More about Dr. Sailaja V
Dr. Sailaja V is one of the best Pediatricians in JP Nagar, Bangalore. She has had many happy patients in her 11 years of journey as a Pediatrician. She is a qualified MBBS, DCH . You can visit her at Nano Healthcare & Diagnostics in JP Nagar, Bangalore. Book an appointment online with Dr. Sailaja V and consult privately on has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Narayana Medical College, Nellore - 2006
DCH - Kurnool Medical College, Kurnool - 2009


Book Clinic Appointment

#313, Ground Floor, 24 th Main Road, 6th phase, JP Nagar. Landmark: Opp. Krishna Sagar HotelBangalore Get Directions
250 at clinic

79, Sir M Visveswaraya Road, DLF City Road, Nyanappana Halli Landmark : Near Arekere Saibaba TempleBangalore Get Directions
0 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Sailaja V

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I do not have a enough breast milk to feed my baby so what can I do please plz please help me. How to produce my milk.

Diploma in Child Health (DCH), MBBS
Pediatrician, Rajkot
You need to do following things. 1. Take enough liquids. Means water, buttermilk, juices, coconut water. 2. Take frequent enough food. 5-6 meals. 3. Take multivitamin and calcium too. 4. Take enough sleep. Say 8-10 hrs.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

FCCP (USA), MD - Pulmonary Medicine
Pulmonologist, Indore
Furred animals like cats and dogs are important risk factor for uncontrolled asthma. preferably they should not be allowed in the house or at least in the bed rooms.

Hi, I have one daughter of 10 months old. She is suffering from heart disease congenital acynotic. Please guide me if this disease is curable.

MD - Paediatrics, MBBS
Pediatrician, Tumkur
Hi, I have one daughter of 10 months old. She is suffering from heart disease congenital acynotic.
Please guide me if...
If it's a small vsd it closes automatically. Some moderate vsds also close by 6 years if there are no complications.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son has developed some kind of black material (dried up skin) on his body (at few places on chest and back) from the age of 3years and now he is 12 years. There is no itching n pain. Doctors told us it is birth mark only. I have pictures and can send them if email I'd is given by any doctor. Please advise, Thank you.

Dermatologist, Chennai
Please send pictures in Lybrate. [Automatically added by Lybrate] Click "Consult Dr. Narasimhalu C.R.V" below to consult privately with the doctor.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I have a kid of 4.4 years. She is intelligent with good grasping power. The only habit which is not good that she used tell our home secrets to her bus attendant (lady). Every thing like of any fight occurred between me and my husband, if I dnt give her noodles. I can't give her noodles everyday which I do occasionally. Please help me how I can improve her this habit. Thanks.

Homeopath, Mumbai
This happen with every kids. They should handled with care. Never fight in front of kids. If you will scold her she will learn scolding others. U make her understnd that this not a good habit. Divert her mind in learning new things. Show her moral stories teach her what goid habits are.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son of aged 3 years 2 months, suffering from chicken pox since two days. Need your valuable consults.

Pediatrician, Pune
Usually self limiting requires rest, caladryl lotion if itching, hygiene to prevent secondary infection, immunisation to other children at home if not immunized / infected.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Parenting in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

MBBS, M.D Psychiatry , Diploma in Psychological Medicine
Psychiatrist, Navi Mumbai
Parenting in Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones. 

Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily. 

Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:

  1. Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD. 
  2. Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes. 
  3. Setting pressure free structure: sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles. 
  4. Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances. 
  5. Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease.  This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life. 
  6. Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles. 
  7. Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known. 
  8. Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor.
3767 people found this helpful

MD - Paediatrics, MBBS
Pediatrician, Faridabad
When a parent loses the early confrontations with a child, the later conflicts become harder to win.

My 10 year old son has heavy gas problem, in night and early morning and night he has gas release with loud voice and long duration, what can be done to control gas formation. Thanx.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
My 10 year old son has heavy gas problem, in night and early morning and night he has gas release with loud voice and...
hi first of all you should follow some basic thing 1.avoid=hot and cold at time 2.less the sugar as much as possible if you want to eat sweet take juggery which is black 3.dont drink water after meal drink at the time of meal sip by sip up to 150 ml 4.avoid late nght sleep take following remedies 1.shankha vati 1 tab before lunch and dinner 2.triphala kadha 4 tsp before lunch and dinner
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My daughter studying in grade 1 is not going to school. She tells that she fears of omitting in school and she get bored to have 5 hrs in school? Is any homeopathic or allopathic medicine so that creating interest to go to school? Or any other solution?

Homeopath, Gurgaon
My daughter studying in grade 1 is not going to school. She tells that she fears of omitting in school and she get bo...
Your daughter is having adjustment problem. Figure out the reason first. Have you changed her school or bcos of shuffling of students, she is missing her old group of friends. Encourage her to make new friends, you can visit her friends or call her friends over. The schools today have an interesting schedule for the primary kids, so the only time she is getting bored is the breaks or extra curricular classes which involve peer group interaction. Talk to her about the the school activities in a positive way. Talk to her teachers abt her behaviour in school. If problem persists, talk to the school counselor.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have adopted a new born child which is of 21 days today due to winter season the baby is suffering from colds problem what should be done to get relief from cold? I am using three medicine for that Nazodrop, Flucold AF, Althrocin drops.

MBBS, MD - Paediatrics
Pediatrician, Varanasi
I have adopted a new born child which is of 21 days today due to winter season the baby is suffering from colds probl...
Continue medicines for sometime but good hygine practices while feeding your child and keeping baby warm can prevent URTI in infants.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi. I m blessed with a Baby Girl! Glad to see wonderful doctors here As we will be purchasing all baby products like shampoo, soap, creams etc. What is the best brand to go with? Also regarding baby food products, brand advise needed. Hope to get quick response on above. Thanks a lot for Lybrate for staying connected.

Diploma in Child Health (DCH), F.I.A.M.S. (Pediatrics)
Pediatrician, Muzaffarnagar
I m blessed with a Baby Girl!
Glad to see wonderful doctors here
As we will be purchasing all baby products like ...
God bless her long, happy and healthy life. There is no need for any special purchase. No need of shampoo, cream etc. sponging specially of folded areas as arm pit etc is sufficient up to 1 month of age. Do not go for any specific brand. Select yourself with your own skill. Exclussive Breast feed up to 6 months of age is best food.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My son is 9 years old who is always tearing something with his fingers. Tearing the papers. Let me know the reason. Please let me know the normal height and weight for a boy of 9 years old.

C.S.C, D.C.H, M.B.B.S
General Physician,
Average weight and height for a 9 year is 9 yrs 63.0 lb (28.6 kg) 52.5" (133.3 cm). He may be disturbed mentally for tearing paper
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi sir / mam. My daughter is 4 and half year she Ss very thin n won't have food much can you suggest me any powder r syrup to have a healthy food pls suggest.

MD - Paediatrics
Pediatrician, Jamnagar
Give home made balanced diet with cereals, protein, vegetables, fruits, milk or milk products. Give tactfully without forcing. See your pediatrician. He will advise Medicines if any signs of deficiency. Try search on Google. Com three words Picky eater Autherstream Takvani You will get a presentation on how to and what to feed. Regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Must Have Brain Foods for Your Kids!

M.Phil biotech and PGD Dietitics
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Panchkula
Must Have Brain Foods for Your Kids!

Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.

Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.

During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.

10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:

1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.

2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.

3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.

4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.

5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.

6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.

7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.

8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.

9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.

10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.

So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.

3189 people found this helpful

Causes and Symptoms of Migraine

General Physician, Gurgaon
Causes and Symptoms of Migraine

It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:

  1. Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
  2. Nausea and vomiting
  3. Sensitivity to light and noise.
  4. Prefer quite a dark room to sleep

Vestibular symptoms:

  1. Vertigo
  2. Dizziness
  3. Imbalance
  4. Unsteadiness
  5. Sensitivity to motion

Hearing symptoms:

  1. Muffled hearing
  2. Ear fullness
  3. Ringing in the ear or tinnitus

Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse

  1. Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
  2. Stress altered sleep patterns
  3. Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
  4. Chocolates, cheeses
  5. Coffee sodas with caffeine
  6. Alcohol

Factors related to a migraine

  1. More common in women than men
  2. Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
  3. Family history


  1. Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
  2. Relaxation exercise
  3. Stress management
  4. During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
  5. Ibruphen for pain after meal
  6. Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
    1. Beta blockers agents
    2. Calcium channel blockers
    3. Tricyclic antidepressants
    4. Seratonergic agents
    5. Gabapantin or neurontin
    6. Clongepam
    7. Acetazolamides or diamox
    8. Sodium valporate or depakots
    9. Topiramax
    10. Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
2 people found this helpful
View All Feed