Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir. I badly need all your suggestions. I stay with my parents along with my 7 month old baby boy. My husband left us for his selfishness when I was pregnant. I have resigned my IT job to take care of my baby. Now I just wanna prepare for civil service exam immediately. I'm 29 aged now and I wanna be secured financially though my father earns well. So need to clear the exam as soon as possible before my age gets bared. So please please advice me how can I come up from this neck breakable situation? Please advise.
My mcv- 79.7. (80-94) normal range HCT 34. (38-45) NR MCH 22.4. (26-34) NR MCHC 28.1. (31-36) NR But my hb is 11 but still I feel tired, often sleepy, unable to concentrate more and feels out of body which scares me. Also my bp is low like upper bp is 80 someday. Is it possible that m anaemic and I have symptoms of anaemia ?
How can I stop smoking. Bcz of it I loss my weight. My body not respond good. I want to gain weight again. Can you please advice.
I am feeling depressed bcs I am feeling that I cannot do anything good in my life and also very dull. So I want to improve myself so that I could be good in studies and be a good student to my teacher and can have a good state of mind. Please consult me fast.
I get tired too often, climbing stairs till 3rd floor drains all my energy. I do not feel fresh after getting up in the morning, there is headache, body ache and dullness. Its really affecting my lifestyle, am not able to study, concentrate or do anything. What should I do?
Some time I go in very deep depression specially in march April because in this month I lost my mom.
I am 19 years old. Female. I cannot concentrate in my academics as well I get irritated very quickly and I'm very short tempered. I have very little control over my anger. Since few days I'm getting irritated very quickly and yell and show anger to everyone at home unnecessarily. I wasn't sleeping at for a month and couldn't eat anything. Recently I sleep too much and eat a lot which is very abnormal compared to other people. I have lost patience as well.
My marriage was 1 year ago. My wife is an asst professor. She do not like my family my home and members of my community. She always quarrels with me regarding my family. Bt she loves me alot. She always speak rudely to my family members. Is it a disease or not. Is there any remedy for this.
Hi I am 32 year old female with a 7 years of kid I am suffering from leg pain above the ankle join. Dr. given nervijen capsules. Kindly suggest me.
My problem is how to overcome after heart brake? how to stop thinking process? because it affect on my mind, mental stability also how should I stop frustration? how I make my mind strong?
Good morning sir. I am very very depressed now a days, sometimes I lost in my mind, please help me sir. I feel like suicide Everytime. My confidence has become zero. I don't know what to do. I don't have money also. I do Job of 6k per month. Please help me before I die.
As you know, several scientific studies have proven that smoking is one of the main causes of several serious ailments like cancer, lung diseases, asthma and so on. Pregnant women who smoke not only spoil their own health, but also the health of the lovely kid in their womb. Yet many women wonder whether smoking really affects pregnancy and the answer is quite in the affirmative.
- Cigarette chokes the baby in the womb: It is known that cigarette smoke contains more than 4000 chemicals including lead and cyanide. In fact, it is one of the few products that contain more than 60 different types of cancer causing chemicals and compounds. It would be interesting to note that none among these 4000 chemicals is beneficial to the expectant mother and to the baby in the womb. In fact, cigarette smoke chokes not only the expectant mother, but also the baby inside. As a result, frequent chocking causes serious effects on the health of the fetus.
- Grouped into three categories: Smoking directly affects the health of the fetus. Premature babies, still born babies and underweight babies are some of the results of smoking prior to pregnancy. As a matter of fact, smoking by women could be grouped into three namely smoking before, during and after pregnancy. This issue is further discussed here:
- It is strongly suggested that women planning on pregnancy should stop smoking at least few months before they conceive. In the first place, smoking may affect the fertility of both men and women. Therefore, the couple should stop smoking, if they are planning to have a baby. Further, if the couple does not quit smoking and the woman becomes pregnant, then it can seriously affect the health of the baby.
- Whether you smoke during the first three months or during the last phase of the pregnancy, tobacco can severely harm the health of the fetus. The increase of monoxide in the blood stream caused by smoking tobacco will enter the bloodstream of the mother and also of the child in the womb. Naturally, this will affect the growth of the child. It can cause visual and/or hearing impairment, behavioural problems and also mental disability of the baby.
- Post pregnancy, the mother should breastfeed the baby. Smoking can retard the secretion of milk in the breast. Further, the dangerous chemicals present in the smoke of tobacco will make its presence in the breast milk. Naturally, this will affect the health of the baby.
Keeping in view the best interests of the mother and baby, it is strongly suggested that the couple should stop smoking, if they want to have a baby. After all, the health of the baby and of the couple is a matter of primary importance.
I have smoking habit and now I am planning to quit smoking suddenly on one day. Quitting smoking suddenly on a day is good choice or quitting it slowly by reducing the number of cigarettes preferable? One of my friend said that one should not quit smoking suddenly on one day we need to slow down smoking day by day. Is that true?
Sir/madam, I am a 46 years old unmarried guy. I have completed my diploma in much engineering. I have worked for 3 to 4 years all put together when working for various organisations I do not have the confidence to work now. I have OCD (washing hands) I get tired easily and feel sleepy without doing much household work sitting at home. I get exhausted very very soon. Feel depressed on working in engineering cos because of the environment like dust, oil there. I lack social skills. I have a very very poor memory and concentration. Wherever I have worked for people tell me you think a lot. How do I overcome this. I may commit suicide after my parents death. Awaiting your reply Rgds Monty.
What is Acute Stress Disorder
Acute stress reaction usually happens when some stressful events occur. Acute usually indicates that the symptoms occur quickly and do not last for a long time. Symptoms, such as anxiety and stress occur when exposed to stressful events. It is believed that acute stress disorder occurs after unexpected crisis like traumatic events, serious accidents, domestic violence, sexual assaults or sudden bereavement. Acute stress reactions are commonly seen in people who have experienced major disasters or terrorist incidents.
Symptoms of Acute Stress Reaction
Symptoms of the condition develop very quickly, within minutes to hours in response to a stressful condition. Some of the symptoms are:
- Anxiety, mood changes, emotional trauma (ups and downs), poor concentration and sleep, irritability and the desire to be alone
- Unpleasant recurrent dreams
- Avoiding situations and people who may cause anxiety and stress
- Emotionally numb
- Nausea, palpitations, headaches, abdominal pain, difficulty in breathing and chest pain are usually caused by the stress hormones like epinephrine.
Management of Acute Stress Disorder
Generally treatment is not required as the symptoms go when the stressful episode is over. Talking to family and friends or understanding the symptoms is helpful. Some people might experience extended symptoms. The following can be done:
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is the therapy where a person can talk to an experienced therapist to understand the patterns and the triggers that charge the problem. The aim of the therapist is to change the way a person thinks and help him avoid the thoughts and be more realistic and calm. Usually when CBT is used for acute stress disorder patients then it is termed as trauma focused CBT.
Counselling: This is usually done when the symptoms are more severe or persistent. It is helpful as it helps to explore the way to deal with the stress and its symptoms. Psychiatrists help by counselling the people and also there are many online resources, which might be helpful.