Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sailaja
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
Need help for stop drinking already use psychology help and use medical help from Ihbas used Aa meetings any one given me solution used all ways for example counseling from. Doctor take medicine.
I have recently started my first job and my age is 9: 30 am to 7: 30. The job is a bit stressful but as it is as per my profession so I like working so long but somehow my body is not allowing me to work days and nights. I mean I am having so much pressure in my brain and I am not in a position to fix it. Pressure regarding tasks, seniors, juniors etc. Please help me out wide a way 2 get free of stress in brain.
I am suffering from Social Anxiety Disorder from a long period, but today I got to know that it is a mental illness. So I need help regarding that and also the treatment for this. Please prescribe me some medication regarding my problem.
Doctor now a days I am feeling more complex about myself. If someone tease me or scold me I am become upset the whole day and thinking about that always. I can't able to take it easy. And I am afraid to face them next time. Pls help me overcome my complex.
I am 21 years I have been suffering form adjustment disorder for 2 years actually doctor told me you duration for taking medication will be for 2 years I finished my 2 years but still I am taking these tablet zosert 50 mg why my medication does not stop.
Depression in children is not a very uncommon phenomenon. But if the feeling of sadness persists over a period of time with little or no change to their behavior, then it can be seen as a symptom of depression. Children who are suffering from depression need immediate and utmost care as negligence may cause severe long term effects on the child. Read on to find more about them.
Symptoms that indicate childhood depression vary. Some of the different symptoms which indicate depression are:
- Social withdrawal
- Feeling of worthlessness
- Difficulty in concentrating
- Reduced ability to function during events
- Continuous feelings of sadness
- Physical complaints
- Depression in children can be caused due to the combination of a multitude of reasons.
- Children from a family history of depression are more likely to be suffering from depression. âSimilarly, if the parents suffer from depression then it is more than likely that the child will also suffer from depression.
- Children from conflicted families or children and teens who are prone to substance or alcohol abuse can suffer from depression.
- Reasons such as physical health, environment, genetic vulnerability or biochemical disturbance can lead to depression.
The treatment process of depression in children is similar to that of adults and can be treated with psychotherapy and medication. If your child is depressed consult a general physician who after his or her diagnosis may refer you to a psychiatrist. The medical specialist will recommend psychotherapy.
In some instances, a child suffering from depression maybe be suicidal. Parents are advised to be vigilant and observe certain behavioral changes that the child may have adapted to or suddenly switched to.
Some of the signs are mentioned below:
- Changes in eating, sleeping or activities
- Isolating oneself even from family
- Talking of suicide, feeling helpless or hopeless
- Increased risk taking behavior
- Substance abuse
- Giving away possessions
Sessions at first and then opt for antidepressant medication if no significant progress is seen. The best results often result from a combination of prescribed medication along with multiple sessions of psychotherapy.
Is someone close to you into drugs? Are you concerned about him or her having a drug problem? There are several patterns of drug abuse, which help you to determine the extent of drug abuse a person is undergoing. It is important for you to recognize your dear ones’ drug use patterns and analyse whether you need to take further steps. The different drug abuse patterns are classified as follows:
- Hard drug use
- Hard drugs like cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine are considered to be the most dangerous in terms of their harmful effects on health and behavior.
- They are associated with risks of addiction. Most people start with such drugs recreationally, but addiction can set in very quickly.
- People engaging in hard drugs are subjected to high risk behavior. They usually become isolated and live in their own world, away from society.
- Frequent drug use
- The frequency of drug abuse is not good enough for determining, if a person is addicted.
- People engaging themselves in binge drinking during weekends can have serious issues in spite of not drinking every day.
- Frequent drug use indicates a person’s drug tolerance and dependence. A person who drinks or uses drugs regularly is quite likely to continue this pattern.
- Early drug use
- People who start taking drugs from early adolescence are at an enhanced risk of developing drug problems in their adulthood.
- The earlier a child gets into drugs, the sooner they become addicts.
- During adolescence, a person’s body and brain still undergo development and any kind of drug-related consequences may be quite severe.
- Drug use from an early age is quite a common phenomenon.
- Solitary drug use
- Teenagers who use marijuana, cigarettes and alcohol while they are alone are at a higher risk of developing drug problems later in life.
- They are quite likely to have poor physical health by the age of 23, compared to social drug users.
- Solitary drug use is also quite a common aspect that prevails.
- Escapist drug use
A lot of people drink on some occasions, and try some substance just for the sake of experimenting. However, when the substance starts affecting your career, relationships and activities, a pattern of drug use is recognized. These patterns increase the risk of addiction, no matter how many months, years or weeks a person is engaged in them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.