Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SailajaYour feedback matters!
If intercourse is done during unsafe days but protected intercourse are there chances of preg nd wat are the ways to avoid it cn pill be taken in case if sex is done during unsafe days but it is protected.
I have married 5 years back. But I cannot become pregnant. I have consulted many doctors, but they are telling to do the tests myself and my husband. But I my husband will not coming. I have some problem in my menstrual cycle. What can I do?
Genophobia or coitophobia is the irrational psychological fear of intercourse. It is a type of a phobia and people suffering from it fill all or most of the criteria of specific phobia according to the ICD (The International Statistical Classification of Diseases). Genophobic people may be terrified of sexual intercourse or all acts involving sex. It is different from erotophobia in the sense erotophobia is the irrational fear of sexuality and not the act in itself.
- The causes of genophobia may be attributed to different experiences and origins according to different psychological perspectives. According to the psychoanalytic perspective, genophobia may be caused by the rigid or extremely religious upbringing, which affected the development of ego, making the individual fear all acts that are sexual because it causes moral anxiety and a severe clash of the superego (ethical portion of one's personality)and i'd (primitive component of one's personality).
- According to the learning perspective, genophobia may develop due to an unpleasant sexual experience such as rape or molestation. Rape Trauma Syndrome leads the survivor to relive the trauma several times and develop apprehension. They may begin to fear sex eventually by relating it to the unpleasant experience, eventually leading to genophobia. It may also be caused if the individual observes sexual acts that are traumatizing in nature, in media or otherwise.
- It may also result from severe performance anxiety, especially for those who lack sexual experience and have abstained from sex for a prolonged period of time. There is also a chance that other phobias, such as the fear of diseases, especially STDs, may lead to a fear of sexual acts. Some people might relate sexual intercourse with acquiring diseases, thus leading to the development of genophobia.
Symptoms: Symptoms of genophobia include the fear of sexual intercourse and all acts within, breathlessness, nausea, dizziness, feeling sick and fear of losing control. All these symptoms take place in the context of sexual acts.
Treatment: Genophobia is treated like all other phobias. Therapeutic technique such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (a conversation centric therapy that focuses on how thoughts and beliefs can affect one's actions) is widely used in the treatment of genophobia along with medications. The therapeutic technique varies from patient to patient. For instance, the therapeutic technique used for a rape survivor would be completely different from that which is used for an individual with a fear of STDs. With proper treatment, genophobia is curable, eventually allowing the individual to have a particularly healthy sex life.
Actually my wife's periods date is approximately on 20's and her exam is also on that date. And problem is that she experiences extremely pain during her periods. Please suggest any solution so she can feel relax in her periods and take exam efficiently.
I am suffering from some kind of allergy or infection I am not sure of due to which at the time of intercourse I feel really painful and the outer skin becomes swollen with cuts and rashes all over which is not recovered in many days. Even if I pee it pains a lot as the lips of my vagina becomes really swollen for a lot many days. This is happening from a month after I had an abortion. Now what should I do? Please help.
Dear sir, I have a friend, her husband was died due to blood cancer in last Apr 15. Presently she has 2 child. She I lived with her child and parents. I just want to confirm, is there any symptoms or chances of cancer with her and her children. Is cancer is STD diseases, is transmitted during sexual intercourse. This is require because we re worry about her next marriage. Can she marry once again. Pl give valuable reply. Vishal.
I am 40 years old. I am female. I have suffer from breast cancer from last 1 and 1/2 years. I have took surgery chemotherapy and radiation therapy from rcc, trivandrum. Please given any preventive method,
Am too tensed that my menses period date is between 30th -1st. But still I didn't get periods. And frequently am getting menses stomach pain. Even I Had a protected sex for the first time which I have experienced heavy bleeding. How can I get periods? Is there any problem? Any tablet to get menses periods.
My wife is 36 years old and a working woman. She is pregnant of one and half month. For thyroid patient and take eltroxin 75 mcg. Now my question is .what type of precaution she should take. And what type of diet she should maintain. Can she continue her work? And what is my duty? Thanks in advance.
I am having itching problem in Vagina nd when I made relation with my husband then I felt very pain in my fallopian tubes. I am weak sexually please tell me how can I make strong sexually.
My wife took a contraceptive pill during menses and she is getting heavy blood loss even after the completion of menses dates with heavy pain.
Epilepsy is a common illness and therefore, we commonly encounter women with epilepsy (WWE), who are either pregnant or contemplating pregnancy. There are a lot of apprehensions and misconceptions regarding managing epilepsy in this group of WWE. Here, I wish to highlight some of the important aspects of managing epilepsy in women who are planning a pregnancy or are currently pregnant.
1. If a woman is seizure-free for at least two years, she can consider withdrawing anti-epileptic drugs (aeds) under the supervision of neurologist, and then plan for pregnancy.
2. If a woman has seizures, it is better to continue aeds during pregnancy, as the risk to the baby is several times higher with seizures, as compared to that with aeds.
3. Sodium valproate has the highest risk to the developing baby, and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
4. Aeds such as levetiracetam, lamotrigine, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, etc are safe and may be continued during pregnancy.
5. The lowest effective dose of aed should be used.
6. Try to use only a single anti-epileptic drug, if possible.
7. Folic acid vitamin supplements should be used in pregnancy.
8. The dose of anti-epileptic medication may have to be increased during the last three months of pregnancy.
9. Ct scan of the brain should be avoided, as far as possible, during pregnancy, as radiation exposure due to it may harm the baby.
10. Mri brain is reasonably safe for baby, especially after the first three months of pregnancy. So, if needed, it may be performed.