Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sai Prasad T R
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Sai Prasad T RYour feedback matters!
We are planning for the baby so please advise what were the test required to get satisfied if everything is ok to plan for the baby? Also I do have slipped disc problem.
My daughter is 9 yrs, she is 4.9 inch, very intelligent, 29 kgs, whether she is normal for her age? Dr? She is very active and she is left hand writer. She is having nasal block at night & slight cold since from 3 days. I am giving Montek LC kid night one tabs. Whether is this normal or I have to consult dr? Please Dr. suggest me what to give?
Iron deficiency is a common condition in children. It occurs when there is a scarcity of iron in the child's system due to malnutrition. Iron is an extremely important mineral that is required for growth and development in young ones. It is used in transporting oxygen through the bloodstream and is essential for the functioning of the muscles. If the child's diet lacks iron then the condition might worsen and turn into anemia.
Children need different levels of iron intake at different ages for proper development of all mental and physical faculties. As the child gets older and reaches the age of puberty, the requirement of iron and other minerals also increases. Deficiencies can lead to various nutritional disorders that may cause severe complications.
The primary cause of iron deficiency in children is an improper diet which leads to a lack of nourishment. There are a number of other causes of the problem, some of which are as follows:
- Low birth weight
- Excessive intake of cow's milk at less than 2 years of age
- Feeding exclusively on breastmilk beyond 6 months of age
- Lead poisoning
- Insufficient intake of lean meat
- Pure vegetarian diet
- Gastrointestinal disease or infection
- Improper diet of the mother during pregnancy
- Chronic diarrhea
- Infestation of parasites in the digestive system.
If the problem arises due to dietary deficiency, it can be easily solved by making simple modifications to the child's diet plan. If the condition stems from other factors or diseases, the child must be taken to a doctor immediately for a medical diagnosis and remedial treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pediatrician.
I have delivered my baby 2 and half month ago. She never wanted to take my milk. Its my c section delivery. In biegning also I use to pour less milk but now its decrease to one to two drop. In middle she used to suck but now she do not want to touch my breast. And my milk decrease to one to two drop. Some doctor have suggested my nipple is cracked. But its nothing like that. I do not have little bit of pain in my nipple. I used to eat month ka laddoo and batisha to increase my milk. But nothing helping. Please help me so I can feed my milk to my baby.
Today my son's 10 weeks vaccination was over now he has low temperature my son is 3 months old baby can I give pedicloryl drops to my baby for sleep.
My brother is 8 years old. He can't talk, can't walk, can't sit since birth. I have tried many hospitals but all are waste of money and time. Now what should I do?
Hello my baby gal of 5 months was suffering from fever and loose stools so she went through a zenflox. Entroflora and redotil medicines for 8 days. She did not pass stool for 5 days and Now as soon as the course of medicines got over she started having. Loose green stools with white curd like substances. In 24 hours She passes 8 -10 watery stools when she is awake ànd next 12 hours she is fine. Baby looks fine and active has no fever and shows no sign of dehydration. Will the stool get fine on its own? Also can we give her ORS. Since she only breastfeeds and twice a day we feed her with zerolac.
Useful facts you should know:
1. After birth we can wait 24 hrs for first poop and 48 hrs for pee. If it is not immediately consult your doctor.
2. First 2 to 3 days baby can pass black stool which is called meconium so don't worry about black stool.
3. First two to three days after birth baby had concentrated urine rich of urate so we can get orange colured in diaper sometimes.
4. Sometimes baby can cry and irritated before passing urine or stool because of weak bladder and anal canal muscles which is strengthen with time.
5. If baby cry every time during and after passing urine we have to consult doctor for urinary infection.
6. Red colured urine or stool is always pathological immediately consult your doctor.
7. Neonate can pass stool ten to twelves times a day if baby is active and accepting feed well. Once in a week interval is also normal for breast feed baby.
8. Ash coloured stool is always pathological it is due neonatal cholestheasis.
9. Sometimes breast feed baby passes green cloured stool, it is mainly due to consumption of formilk only. It is advisable feed one breast at a time so baby can get formilk, midmilk and hind milk.
10. Sometimes newborn baby pass small amount of stool during micturition or crying it is normal if baby is active and accepting feed well.