Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sahana ShettyYour feedback matters!
Hi. I Am a 25 year old I hv a query regarding the time during sex. Normally till what time a boy can have sex without taking pills and is that time enough to satisfy the partner? How can I knw she is fully satisfied? What medicine should I take to last long without any side effects?
Yesterday he had suddenly in breathing problem for which consult to doctor, they made ecg, 2D echo test and advice it is little rise in bp and CV to take these medicine, so what are the symptoms of heart attack, how should we aware.
Am having some sex problem whenever i start sex with my wife the first round with condom have no issues it goes correctly but whenever i starts with second round wearing a condom it gets loose and my second round does not get complete and why does it take such a long time for my second round to start after my first
Sir I am 26 year old. And I have always pain in my back side of body. Sir also have my pennis problem. Sir my digestion have very week nothing digest any thing properly.
Sir, I am 20 years boy and I am suffering from bitter taste in my mouth last 5 months. I have no fever. Also I fell much weakness. Please tell me what should I do and which medicine should I take ?
I am facing acidity problem for many year and have been taking medicines, but now I wand to stop this medicine so kindly refer some home made solution for it.
I tend to sweat more on my face on a sunny day. I don sweat anywhere else in my body. I want an immediate solution to stop sweating in my face.
I have cold and pain in throat and cough phlegm from one week please suggest remedies I am 52 yard old.
Hello I have creatinine level 1.5. Please suggest foods and fruits for controlling the creatinine levels and making the functioning of kidneys normal. Please reply soon. Thank you.
What are the symptoms of dengue and describe the pathogencity, prophylactic and control measures of dengue?
Blood discharge with stool from last one week and feeling of stool discharge after eating and drinking something. A short duration Itching after every discharge. So please suggest effective treatment.
I am 23 years old girl. I have stomach ache frequently from last 5_6 months. I also go for checkups but their is nothing in reports. What should I do.
Hello Sir, My mouth is not open properly due to chewing habits. Kindly give us important tips for mouth open.
My mother is suffering from fungal infection (ringworm) all over the body and itches a lot. How it can be cured via ayurveda.
Good evening madam, sir. Recently I used a ayurvedic medicines for low sperm my count is 75mn doctor gave me shudh shilajit and sankhvati powder its a correct medicines or I used other medicines which I improve sperm count.
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.