Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sahana DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
I am 23 and my wife 20. During intercourse my wife does not get any pleasure. But when I do from outside means rubbing penis around vaginal opening and clitoris. She is having pleasure. So give me some solution so she can have pleasure during intercourse.
Clear watery discharge from vagina some time creamy. No smell no blood no pain. Back pain. Always feel very weak and dazy. Also never feel hungry. Breast feeding baby 2 years age. What to do.
Hi doctor, I missed my period this month and I had an cyst on left ovary whch had been removed last year. After operation my periodic cycle was normal. Last month period date: 12/10/2016. Consulting with my doctor I took deviry10 for five days twice. I finished my medicine 10 days before. Bt periods dsnt occur. Now my question is when my period wll occur? What should I do now? I am virgin Please answer.
A dog bite my wife on 2nd august and she received all the 5 vaccines except booster. The last vaccine was given on 19th august. The problem is that that we were physical on 20th and also we had oral sex. I have heard that vaginal secretions still contain rabies virus. Is it so? Am I safe? Do I need to take antirabies vaccine? Please help.
I had sexual relation with my fiancee from (Thursday - Sunday) though I took a contraceptive pill called postponed 72 on Sunday evening. He didn't finish in me. Ever since that I have frequent tendency of urination though just a droplet falls and I have ticklish feel at my vagina After four days of taking the pill I bleed very lightly and it was not periods. I am all confused. Please help me please.
My wife having bleeding after menstrual cycle on day of 8th and 9th, what are the causes or is there any thing serious please let me know.
I m 27 yr female with low ferrittin level. Taking daily iron tab (RB TONE. But not hvng any benefit. Any suggestions? TSH, USG NORMAL.
I had unprotected sex two months ago after sex she takes contracept UNWANTED 72 tablet. After 4 days she got virginal bleeding 1/2 day more than normal periods bleeds. After 5 days home pregnancy test negative 2 times, after 1 month she not got her period than again check continue 5 days in early morning with first urine sample also negative every result. After 2nd month she also missed her periods. Then again negative" today do a ultrasound but no any pregnancy in ultsnd. please help me.
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is not so blissful in terms of physical intimacy and love, you probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips, which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
- A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
- Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
- An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner, whoever, faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
- Consider your spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive, but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
- Exercise and running: Daily exercise leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus, the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina, which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex, but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
- Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures.
Marriages in our country usually last a lifetimeand and require effort from both parties involved to make them work. Often, marriages end because of boredom, as the partners begin to believe that the spark is gone. But there are many ways couples can perk up their marriage.
While it is true that many people are short on precious time in today’s day and age, what is also true is that a marriage is well worth some prioritisation.
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a little while longer does make good sense, if it means that the time is well-used to bond with one’s significant other. Leisure time spent between couples is crucial for the success of a marriage. Many couples do not make it a habit of listening to each other and this really does work to their detriment. Paying close attention to what the other one says and providing a response may not need a lot of effort but the dividends are rich in the form of the partner feeling good.
Intimacy is a valued feeling of being wanted and it has a big part to play in the success of a marriage. Over the long term, many couples do not make the required effort and the overall quality of their bond is reduced, as a result. While reinitiating contact may be as simple as holding the other’s hand, many people do not do this as they feel their partner should be the one to do so. Intimacy does not only equate to sexual intimacy, but can even simply be looking into one’s partners eyes with love.
Laughter is said to be the best medicine, and this happens to be true in the case of a marriage, as well. It has been found that couples who laugh about their past experiences are happier and get along a lot more amicably than those who do not. Recalling together where the couple first met and started seeing each other also has a positive impact as it makes both partners feel valued and thankful about what they have.
Below, are tips that don’t require much—if any—money, time or even hard work!
Engage in a new activity with your partner. Doing novel activities with your partner enables you to re-experience the original emotional state at the beginning of your marriage. In other words, trying something new sparks excitement, producing passion. You can do anything from deep-sea fishing to salsa dancing to hiking a mountain to eating at a different restaurant.
Add the element of mystery or surprise. Both mystery and surprise also mimic the emotional state of a new romance. But it doesn’t mean whisking your wife away to the Mediterranean or surprising your husband with expensive dinners. Here, little gestures also go a long way. Examples include, surprising your wife at work and whisking her away for lunch, or sending a greeting card in the mail.
Do something that kicks up your adrenaline and arousal. Young marriages start out with an adrenaline rush. Your heart races, you get giddy, you’re alert, awake and excited. Arousal-generating activities can include exercising, going on a vigorous hike, and even watching a scary movie. So it’s almost like fooling your brain that the arousal produced to this scary movie (or any other arousing activity) is really due to your marriage, and this helps to perk up the passion.
Take a mini-vacation — just the two of you. Get out of the house for at least one night and two days, somewhere that interests both of you and creates new memories together. You don’t have to go far from home or spend a lot of money. The key is to spend quality time together away from home. Studies show that for women, in particular, getting away is important. They feel more passionate when they’re away from the pressures of their lives. At home, women have a tough time compartmentalizing things. They’re thinking about the laundry, lunch, paying the bills, cleaning the house, and checking things off their mental to-do list.
Touch more often. Touch produces arousal, comfort and support both physiologically and psychologically, and it doesn’t have to be much of a touch. Holding hands on a walk, making sure you give a hug or kiss or embrace daily reminds you that you’re physiologically bonded. When reigniting your relationship, the key is to shake things up consistently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist. Good luck!