Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadashiv SYour feedback matters!
Gynaecological problems are all the disorders associated with the female reproductive system. These generally manifest themselves in the reproductive organs situated in the abdominal, pelvic and breast areas of the body. A woman age plays an important role in these cases since the problems are generally associated with hormone changes that take place with ageing.
Such disorders are common and in most cases, arise due to an infection or hormone level fluctuation that usually eases in a few days. Many gynaecological problems are potentially life-threatening and may severely damage fertility, and the chances of procreation. Recognition and early treatment of these problems are thus of utmost importance.
Following are the most common symptoms of gynaecological disorders:
- Vaginal bleeding between periods and during/after sexual intercourse
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or a burning sensation during urination
- Excessive growth of body hair
- Sores, lumps or boils in the genital or breast area
- Severe pelvic pain that differs from menstrual cramps
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
- Menstrual periods lasting for more than 7 days
- Itching, burning, swelling, redness or soreness in the vaginal area
- Vaginal discharge with an unpleasant or unusual odour, or of an unusual colour
- While vaginal bleeding and discharge are essential parts of the menstrual cycle, if these happen in excess or at unusual times, it becomes symptomatic of a gynaecological disorder.
The signs of gynaecological problems often resemble that of urological ailments and other medical syndromes. Recognising these symptoms and consulting a gynaecologist immediately ensures quick alleviation of the problem.
Ignoring them will lead to several maladies such as:
Vulvodynia - This is the term for disorders of the vulva, whose symptoms include pain, itching, swelling and soreness of the vulva.
Vaginitis - This includes all infections of the vagina, such as herpes, yeast infections, Chlamydia, etc. Problems of the vulva also fall into this category.
Organ failure - Pelvic pain is a symptom of dysfunction in one of the organs in the pelvic area - uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, lower intestines, or rectum.
Cancer - In some cases, gynaecological problems refer to various cysts and tumours in the reproductive system, which could develop into cancer.