Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadashiv SYour feedback matters!
I have body pain and head ache n fever past three days. I am taking dolo 650 tablet yet fever isn't gone completely.
Let's first get to know what are menstrual cramps?
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea or period pains are throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen.Many women experience menstrual cramps just before and during their menstrual periods.
Who gets menstrual cramps?
About half of women experience menstrual cramps and about 15% describe the pain as severe. It has been shown that women who do not exercise experience more painful menstrual cramps. Certain psychological factors such as emotional stress may also increase the likelihood of having uncomfortable menstrual cramps. Additional risk factors for these cramps include:
- Being younger than 20 years of age
- Starting puberty at age 11 or younger
- Menorrhagia - heavy bleeding during periods
- Never given birth
Symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Pain in the lower back and thighs
- Loose stools
- Bloating in the belly area
- Lightheadedness or feeling faint.
How can you 'AVOID' menstrual cramps?
- Eating fruits and vegetables and limiting intake of fat, alcohol, caffeine, salt and sweets
- Exercising regularly
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
- Yoga or relaxation therapy
- Acupuncture or acupressure.
- Apply heat to lower abdominal part.
- Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D.
- Dietary supplements.
10 Ways to treat period cramps:
1. Improve Your Diet to Alleviate Period Cramps
2. Pop a Safe Painkiller
3. Turn to Tea to Calm Menstrual Cramps
4. Try Fish Oil and Vitamin B1
5. Needle Away Period Cramps
6. Massage With Essential Oils for Pain Relief
7. Curl Up With a Heating Pad to Ease Period Cramps
8. Boost Endorphins Your Way
9. Up the Magnesium in Your Diet
10. Lean on Your Contraceptive
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.