Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sadashiv K YYour feedback matters!
I brushed my teeth very hard and now my gums are bleeding. Is it normal or should I consult a doctor. I also have mann cavities.
I am Dinesh from chennai. My age was 20. In my age of 10. I fight with my friend and broke my teeth in half. Now I want to fill my teeth what can I do.
Alveoloplasty is the reshaping of the bone crest to attain a smooth uniform level of bone for proper retention , stability and support of dentures. B. It takes generally 3 weeks to 8 weeks fr complete healing. C. The dentures are made from acrylic, lucitone, dpi etc. D. Implant supported lower denture will provide better support and retention. E. Yes dentures should be removed before going to bed,for proper recirculation of gums(alveolar mucosa) at night.UNQUOTE has been studied and noted with interest. 01. Is it recommended to fix the removable Upper Denture on implants ? How many implants for the Upper Denture ? 02. On how many implants should the Rtemovable Lower Denture be placed on ? 03. What are the advantages and disadvantages of going for unremovable Fixed Dentures on implants. 04. If cost is not the consideration (and quality is) which of the acrylic, lucitone, dpi etc. Would be recomended and why ?
I'm shobhana, I'm 30 yes old, I have lot of pain in teeth. I can't able to eat any food. Then for this wat is the solution.
Is eating chewing bad for my health. I prefer happy dent. Two tabs a day mostly after meals. I have heard that eating chewing gums uses up your digestive enzymes which have a limited production during our lifetime.
While sleeping my mouth remains open due to this my teeth coming out of the mouth what to do so that my mouth remain closed.
I am pregnant and 1 month is running. My teeth get infected and dentist recommend me to remove the teeth. Can I remove it? Will it cause any problem?
When a tooth is lost, the dental implant or dental crown would be the closest replacement both in terms of chewing efficiency and facial appearance.
Unlike a denture, the implant replaces not just the crown structure but also the root portion. This ensures that the tooth is replaced as it was prior to the loss. When clinically done properly and cared for appropriately, the dental implant can last for decades.
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown may be needed in the following situations:
- To protect a weak tooth (for instance, from decay) from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
- To restore an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn't a lot of tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
- To cover misshapened or severely discolored teeth
- To make a cosmetic modification
And, if you have gone for dental implants, keep the following in-check to maintain a good oral health after you the implant is done-
- Until the effect of the anesthetic wears off, do not eat or limit to drinking something cold. Avoid anything hot or spicy for the first day.
- Start using the mouthwash from the evening of surgery and continue through the entire week. It should be held in the surgical area for at least a minute, repeated 3 times daily, for the first week.
- The other teeth should be brushed from the evening of the surgery. The surgical area should not be touched for the first 3 to 4 days. After that, depending on the pain tolerance, gently brush this area with a soft toothbrush.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water, keep it in the surgical site for a soothing effect. This can be repeated as many times as possible, after each meal or snack.
- Follow a soft diet and do not let the food go into the surgical site area.
- Do not disturb the surgical site with either tongue or finger.
- Smoking should be completely avoided until the wound completely heals. The negative pressure created during can dislodge the clot and lead to delayed healing and even complications like dry socket.
- Expect some swelling and/or bruising in the cheek and mouth area, which will increase for the first 2 to 3 days and then gradually subside. Swelling can be managed with ice packs or a cold towel that is applied for 10 minutes with half-hour breaks. From day 2 onwards, gentle heat can be used.
- Similarly, expect pain for the first couple of days which can be controlled with pain-killers. Take the first pain-killer before the anesthetic effect wears off.
- Continued pain and swelling after the first 4 to 5 days should prompt a visit to the dentist, as it might be an indication of underlying dental infection.
- If you have dentures over the surgical implant site, try using them to the least extent possible for the first week.
- Complete the entire antibiotics course after the surgery.
Appropriate post-operative care goes a long way in ensure the implant gets absorbed and lasts a lifetime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.