Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Sadanand Hegde KYour feedback matters!
I have to undergo hip replacement surgery for both hips because of AVN. I am confused about post replacement scenario. Will I be able to perform things that I can't do right now. Will I be able to Stand up instantly from chair, will I be able to pick the coin fallen on floor, or can I sit on floor?
Sir my mom is 49 years old. She is suffering neck and arms pain for 2 year. We go to neurologist and orthopedic doctors and they sugest cervical xray and saw and gives tryptomer ,etornext er cap, pantocid, pantodac etc. But her pain is not control. The pain is some time low and some time fast. What disease this? What I do.
Hello doctor pls can you suggest best treatment of knee arthritis other than surgery for my mother she is 60 years old and she is suffering from last 10 yrs. She take only supplements and pain killers but for last 6 months it is also ineffective and her walking and movement is decreased gradually kindly suggest best possible treatment to avoid this unbearable pain.
I discovered blue spots in my fingers a few days ago. And it kept on occurring and disappearing for 3 days. It occur for 15-20 minutes and then disappears. .my legs bhi sooj gye the. Legs abhi bhi suje hue hain.
I am a 26 year old male and have ankle pain in my right leg for almost 3 months sometimes I felt difficulty in walking beacause of the pain when I certaliny stand up from sitting. So can you tell me a remedy for this problem.
I have knee pain what should I do and what are the precautions. I have this since long and I am not getting relaxed by any Dr. Medicine.
Huge pain on Right side neck, shoulder blade and complete hand .pls help me on this. It's too much pain.
Till feb 2016 I was a regular runner, who approx. Runs for 3 km daily. But from last year feb onwards I experienced some sort of discomfort and heaviness on my both knees, but no pain .(i weighed 98 kg and height 185 cm - athletic built body). But by march 16 week 1 itself I experienced slight pain and swelling on knees. Eventually I stopped running and consulted few ortho doctors, they took x ray and prescribed many remedies and medicines, but in vain and I was so frustrated.(on june 2015 my left hamstring got injured while playing football and I hardly recovered from that) by april last I started my dieting along with consuming herbalife and gradually I started to loss weight. Naturally my knees got better, but still when I squat, creaking and popping sound can be heard followed by awful pain. Also till now I cannot run properly. Now in april I weigh jus 81 kg and I am happy but still my knees suffer when I squat. Also recently I found that I am also suffering from false curvature on both legs. Please suggest to improve my condition. Tnk u.
Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes widespread body pain along with sleep deficits, memory loss, mood problems and fatigue. Symptoms may be triggered after a surgery, physical trauma, infection, or stress. Women are much more vulnerable to this disease than men. Many people affected with fibromyalgia may have suffered from headaches, backaches, depression, anxiety, tension, temporomandibular joint
disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Most of these patients have undergone multiple consultation with various doctors and undergone many tests, but no diagnosis could be made. These patients are often ignored by doctors and family members as always "complaining of pain".
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
- Extensive Pain: Pain related to fibromyalgia is often depicted as a dull pain that lasts for at least three months. Pain can involve any body part like back,neck, chest, arms, legs. Patients have pain in multiple areas of body and painful areas change over time.
- Fatigue: Patients afflicted with this disorder feel tired even after sleep. Such people are reported to sleep for longer hours than normal people, but their sleep often gets disrupted due to sleep apnoea and restless leg syndrome.
- Cognitive Difficulties: These patients find it difficult to concentrate at work and also suffer from memory deficits in daily activities.
- Other Symptoms: These patients may also have symptoms like burning urination, urgency of urination, numbness,loss of appetite, tingling sensation,diarrhoea, constipation, tinnitus, depression etc
Diagnosis of fibromyalgia:
There are no specific test to diagnose fibromyalgia. Diagnosis is made by a doctor specialised in Pain Medicine using clinical methods based on symptoms and examination. Blood tests like Haemogram, Thyroid function test, RA Factor, ESR are done to rule out other diseases which can cause similar symptoms.
Treatment of Fibromyalgia:
- First step in treating these patients is to accept their problem and discuss with patient and family members regarding the presence of such disease entity.
- Lifestyle changes like active involvement in cardiovascular exercises, swimming, yoga, meditation are important to control symptoms.
- Conventional painkillers do not work in these patients. They requires special medications prescribed by a Pain Specialist for control of symptoms.
- Counselling of patient is beneficial for associated depression.