Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin SureshYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My daughter will complete one year on 20th june and her weight is 8 kg. She is having fever since yesterday, I gave her crocin but fever is not getting down. Can I give calpol to her? how much in dose and how many times in a day? can I give crocin in between?
I can't walk barefoot whenever I walk barefoot I feel giddy. Tell me the best treatment of this so can I walk barefoot.
My 1 and half year old baby doing very hard stool. Today also found some blood traces. She is also not willing to eat.
My baby is 4 months 2 weeks old. He is on mixed feeds l. E. Both breast feed and formula. He hasn't passed stool for last 2 days. He is having proper feeds and no stomach ache.
It is the most common problem seen in society today. A migraine is a common neurological condition characterised by a headache, but some people have associated symptoms of eye and ear.
Classic symptoms of a migraine:
- Severe throbbing headache on one side of head
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and noise.
- Prefer quite a dark room to sleep
- Sensitivity to motion
- Muffled hearing
- Ear fullness
- Ringing in the ear or tinnitus
Causes of a migraine:
Migraine headaches probably relate to both abnormal discharges in cells within the brain and to the construction of the walls of the blood vessels in and around the brain. But the exact cause of a migraine is not known. Following are the provocating factors which make the condition worse
- Hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar)
- Stress altered sleep patterns
- Diet fast food, oily food, processed food
- Chocolates, cheeses
- Coffee sodas with caffeine
Factors related to a migraine
- More common in women than men
- Symptoms are often worse during menstruation
- Family history
- Avoid food, which triggers migraines e.g. Chocolate, alcohol, cheese, oily, spicy, junk and processed food
- Relaxation exercise
- Stress management
- During menstrual period decrease the salt intake and take some diuretic
- Ibruphen for pain after meal
- Other treatment with the advice of neuro physician e.g.
- Beta blockers agents
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Seratonergic agents
- Gabapantin or neurontin
- Acetazolamides or diamox
- Sodium valporate or depakots
- Oxycarbazapine or trieptal
My baby is one month old. On routine check up doctor counts his heart beat which is 180 bpm. He ask for echo test. Echo test done and one line is in bold letters of report. That is patent foramen ovale left to right. Is this normal ? Then we show report doctor he said that hole is very minor it will close within 3 months. Is it true that it will close automatically after some months. Please suggest me in detail.
I have less milk so my doctor gave lactic tablets for 1 month improving milk but there is no big result I have less milk only I feed my baby for 1 hour still she feels l hungry n cry n she refuses to take formula milk so what is the remedy for this problem is there any injection and I used to take milk with bun, bread n bread toast also. I used to all types of foods which are improving milk like mutton khema, snake guard, bottle guard, methi, spinach, garlic. Etc but still no use so pls suggest me.
Hi sir My kid s 4 years old baby girl. She s having sleeplessness. By birth she s like that. It s very difficult maintain my kid to sleep. Bt she's very active. We also facing like sleeping problem by her. Cani get any ayurvedic medicine for my child.
Dear can you suggested me which injection r should take for baby from born date to till it required Because some private drs they say to take all injection I think its for money sake so I'm confused so give me the chart of injection.
I have a girl baby who is 40 days old.Usually she is getting severe stomach pain and gas trouble Dr advised me to give her colicaid 2 to 5 drops according to the pain even though sometimes she is normal sometimes she is struggling a lot.Is it advisable to use gripe water for pain or can u give alternative medicine.
Dads and moms should share in the responsibility in caring for their newborn baby.
Importance of Dad Care
Caring for their baby gives dad's a chance to bond with their baby and also provides rest, help and support to the mom who might be in great stress. It is important to be there for your wife and be an active participant in caring for your family. Care for your young one and take turns changing the diaper, watching the baby or feeding.
What dads can do?
Dads can get involved in the different activities like changing soiled diapers, massage and bathing or sponging, get his/her dressed, feeding the baby if on formula feeds, burping the baby etc. Rocking the baby to sleep and singing songs and lullabies gives you a different experience. Don't shy away from responsibilities. It is best that you be there rather than ignore your need.
Skin to skin contact (Kangaroo care)
Babies respond to touch. Kangaroo care is very helpful especially in premature babies. It helps in growth of baby. It helps in bonding of baby with father. Hold your baby tight against your skin. Let the hearts connect. It is a beautiful experience to hold God's creation in your hand. This is the best way to connect to your little one and make him feel special. The best thing about this activity is that more than the baby it makes you feel happy and complete.
Practice makes a man perfect!
The only way to learn how to care for a bay is by getting involved and get going. Don't hesitate. You may feel shy initially but once you start involving in your baby care, the experience of nursing a baby makes you more confident.
Share your experience in your group at home or office, you may find more practical ways for caring your baby. Be open to suggestions and try and incorporate the good ones.
It has been found that babies who are 'well fathered' tend to be more secure and confident in exploring the world around them. Be a father that is around to observe and nurture your kid, remember it's the childhood that one cherishes the most.
my son is 3 years old. He had dry cough. We gave his ascoril D. He just had vomit. Please suggest what we could give or wait for morning.
My child who is 6 year low. He is still dispose his urine on bed. Please suggest how can we stop it.
Please suggest me can I go for vaccination for my newborn baby because I read on net some doctors have adverse opinion they oppose vaccination because it has side effects and not all baby tolerate it. Please advise its urgent.
My daughter is 5 years old, getting increase abdominal portion since 6 months. Not taking much more fatty food yet her weight is 27 kgs, height 3'7" Is it normal for this age of a growing child OR should she has to go for a complete medical check up. Please advise.
My baby is 4 month old. He can't drink top feed sometime he drink it but sometime he can't hold bottle's nipple in his mouth. He through out nipple with his tongue. Can you tell me what I can do?
My child not well before three day she is suffering from fever this fever night only come fever and showring please tell the way.
Migraine Clinical Picture
What Symptoms Occur During a Migraine Attack? •
Migraineurs have recurrent, severe, and disabling attacks of headache, often unilateral and pulsating, along with symptoms of sensory disturbance, such as light, sound, and odor sensitivity. Nausea and neck stiffness are other common symptoms, and symptoms can be aggravated by movement.
• Some patients experience dizziness during attacks.
• About 20–30% of patients experience aura and neurological symptoms (e.g., visual disturbances), which usually precede the headache phase of an attack.
• Premonitory symptoms such as yawning, irritability, tiredness, cravings, and difficulty concentrating sometimes precede headache onset.
What Is Migraine Aura, and What Symptoms Can Occur?
• An aura is any neurological symptom that occurs shortly before the headache attack. Visual symptoms (e.g., flickering lights or zigzag phenomena), somatosensory symptoms (e.g., paresthesias), speech problems, and rarely, motor symptoms can occur during aura.
• Symptoms usually last >5 and <60 minutes.
• Before migraine can be diagnosed, other possible neurological deficits must first be excluded.
• Cortical spreading depression (see below) is thought to be the pathophysiological cause.
What Can Trigger a Migraine?
• Shortness of sleep, irregular sleep, or too much sleep
• Stress (or in some patients, relaxation from stress)
• Alcohol (e.g., red wine)
• Caffeine (e.g., coffee, chocolate)
• Foods containing glutamate or aspartame
• Vasodilating drugs (e.g., nitrates) Epidemiology
How Many People Are Affected by Migraine?
• Women: about 13–18% of the population
• Men: about 5–10% of the population
• Numbers may be lower in Asian populations Chronic Migraine About 4% of the adult population experiences chronic headache, i.e., headache on 15 or more days a month. About half of this group has chronic migraine, and the other half has chronic tension-type headache Disorders/Abnormalities That Can Be Comorbid with Migraine
• Back pain
• Stroke and cardiac disease
• Childhood vomiting
ONLY HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICINES CAN CONTROL THIS
My baby is 4 month old and as he rolling due to pressure on stomach he is vomiting a lot and his toilet is yellowish color proper but doing 3 to 4 times a day little little. Here he is drinking and then rolling and then vomiting. He is not vomiting milk but it's like dahi. Dr. he suggested perinorm 8 drops thrice a day is it safe to give him perinorm as I have read a lot of side effect of perinorm. If not safe then kindly suggest me the substitute for d same.
Children need a variety of different foods each day.
Snacks are an important part of a healthy diet for active children.
Make snacks nutritious, not just high in energy.
Plan to share meals as a family.
Enjoy talking and sharing the day’s happenings at mealtimes.
Let children tell you when they’re full.
Give your child lunch to take from home.
Let children help with food preparation and meal planning.
Encourage physical activities for the whole family.
Encourage children to drink plain water.