Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sabina MadanYour feedback matters!
Eyes do more than we give them credit for and require more care than what we actually give them mostly. It isn't very difficult to ensure that your eyes are healthy and taken care of.
Here are 7 ways to care for your eyes everyday.
1) Splash water - Always clean your eyes with cold (filtered) water, from time to time. The clean water washes the eyes and keeps them healthy and free of diseases.
2) Don’t look into the sun - Never look into the sunlight directly. In fact, avoid looking at any sort of light that is harsh on the eyes. Direct rays of any kind of bright light can have damaging effect on the retina.
3) Get eyes examined - Have regular eye exams to check for diabetes and high blood pressure, if these health problems already exist in the family.
4) Do not smoke - People who smoke are more risk of having age-related eye problems.
5) Exercise your eyeballs - Roll the eyeballs up and down, and lift and right without moving your position. Repeat this exercise about 5 to 10 times. This helps relax the muscles in your eyes.
6) Distance eyes from screens - If you work on the computer, make sure there is enough distance between the screen and your eyes. Sit at least 22-28 inches away from the screen. The same applies while using smartphones and tablets. Do not view the screen from too close. Viewing the screen from too near as well as from too far; can increase the strain in your eyes.
7) Give them a break - People who work on the computer all day should ensure that they rest their eyes after regular intervals. Look in a long distance every few minutes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am suffering from long distance eye sight. How to recover my eyesight and remove my glasses and become physically fit.
In past 2 days I hav severe eye pain and I wear spec instead of that I can not tolerate my pain what should I do?
I have red eyes and irritation on my left eye from this morning. I use contact lens and I have power on my both eyes. What should I do know?
I have dark sports near my eyes. I can do everything to erase them but they can not erase please send me a suitable succession. How I can control them?
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want.