Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Sabiha BanuYour feedback matters!
I am a 34 year old male. I am having back pain for long tim and now I feel leg pain while walking. It is very difficult to walk. I feel more pain in lower back area. What should I do?
I have back ache in nearly rt side from 3-6 months. It goes along the leg till the feet. Please tell me the cause of it.
Hi ! This is Naushad here. I'm 47 yrs of age. For the last 3to 4 months I've been having this severe pain in my feet at the bottom heel area. The pain is very severe espiacially in the mornings when i get up. I am hardly able to walk. Initially the pain was only in the mornings and night after I used tocome back from work. But of late the pain is there throughout the day. The pain is there in both the legs. I've checked my uric acid twicw and both the reports are normal. Please advice. Thanks
Hello doctor I am 20 yrs, since 8th months my right hip was paining while sleeping and riding scooty so doctor suggested me to go for MRI ,during mri of my hips I was trying to straightening my hips and doing some little movements so my question is these movements enough to loss information by the mri machine? Can it loss some information if there is existence of tumor or cancer?
My dad is 60 years old, he is suffering from knee pain, doc has suggest one tablet which he is wearing daily, please suggest any exercise for daily if required.
I am 15 years old and I have pain on my knees so what should I do please tell me. Thank you for your answer.
Hi, I'm 19 years old. Surprisingly, I'm getting white hairs. I'm applying coconut oil more frequently and using head and shoulders shampoo twice a week. Would you please suggest me to reduce white hair or else should I pluck the white hairs that are starting to grow on my head. Please suggest me with this. Thank you.
Hiii I am 19 years old girl. My back is paining like a hell. I had consult many doctor and had many medicines but it dose nt works. Now I can not even walk properly and do some work. So please suggest me that what should I do.
One male patient who is 65 years old. Who has arthritis. Dr. tell him to knee replacement. Any drug.
Hello doctor I am 39 year old married woman I have shoulder pain problem last five months what should I do please tell me doctor.
I am 20 years old and suddenly my body starts paining. I can not walk constantly my elbow and my legs are paining. What should I do?
Sir I am 20 years old and have a problem of bavaseer for one year it is very painful and in my back have blood clotting I can't tell anyone I am trying to tell anybody but I can't do it so please sir tell me what can I do.
My mother having big pain in right knee. When they walked more then 500 meter, it growth. Please suggest.
Back pain may occur due to various reasons. Chronic back pain is the one that remains for 12 weeks or more than that even after the cause of the pain has been treated. There are several ways of treating chronic back pain. Its treatment depends upon the nature of injury or the actual underlying cause of the pain.
The treatment for back pain has been listed below:
- Short-term methods: Initially, people use short-term remedies for tackling back pain. Over-the-counter painkillers and home remedies are used to cure the patient. This might show useful results within six weeks.
- Continue movement: Although traditionally, patients with back pain were advised to take complete bed rest. However, doctors today are of the opinion that patients should not take complete bed rest. The patient should try to move around a bit. It may be hurting first, but slowly it will heal the pain. One can take up brisk walking for best results.
- Painkillers: Patients are first prescribed to take paracetamol. However, some people take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen for faster relief. There are stronger painkillers like codeine. But one must keep in mind that painkillers are not good for health. They have side effects. Long-term use of painkillers can cause damage to the kidneys. If these are not effective, the doctor might switch to muscle relaxant like diazepam.
- Hot and cold compress: Patients are advised to take hot or cold compress to get relief. A hot bath or compress with hot water can be useful. Otherwise, using ice pack can also produce effective results. Often, alternate hot and cold compress are advised to get rid of the pain.
- Change your sleeping style: The pain can be reduced to a great extent by changing one's sleeping pattern. Use pillows to change the sleep pattern.
- Exercise: The patient might have developed back pain due to faulty posture or obesity. In order to get rid of the pain, one must address these issues first. Shred the extra pounds b exercising the correct way to get cured of the pain.
- Acupuncture: It is a kind of treatment in which fine needles are put at different points of the body. This helps in reducing the pain.
- Oil massage: There are various kinds of massage techniques available. These improve the circulation of blood. This in turn, rejuvenates the muscles and bones by providing sufficient oxygen supply.
- Antidepressants: These are prescribed when painkillers don't show effective results. Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline are given to the patient. However, these are given in small doses.
- Stay calm and positive: It is important to have a positive frame of mind to get rid of the pain. One has to be patient and not lose hope while the treatment is on. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.