Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. S. VishwanathYour feedback matters!
Hi Dr. After proper brushing. I feel like foul odor through my mouth. I don't have any bad habits like chewing tobacco etc. Can you please help me out to get rid of this.
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.
Dental implants are surgical fixtures that are inserted into the jawbone to allow fusing over a span of few months. The implant works as a root replacement for a missing tooth. Eventually, this artificially placed tooth root helps in holding the bridge (partial denture) or the replacement tooth firmly. Dental implants are even designed to match your natural teeth, rendering a strong foundation to both the removable and the fixed replacement teeth.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth. The goal of teeth replacement is to restore function as well as esthetics.
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants is of the three options available. Deciding on which option to choose depends on many factors. Specifically for dental implants, these factors include:
location of missing tooth or teeth,
quantity and quality of the jawbone where the dental implant is to be placed,
health of the patient,
A dental surgeon examines the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant.
Here are a few advantages of getting a dental implant done:
Improved Appearance: Dental implants provide an almost natural look to the teeth. Since they are designed in a way to amalgamate with your bone, they subsequently become permanent.
Enhanced Speech: Dental implants let you speak effortlessly and without the scare of your teeth slipping inside the mouth and meddling with your speech; which is otherwise a common phenomenon with ill-fitted dentures.
More Comfort: Since the implants become a part of you, they do away with the hassles accompanying removable dentures.
Easier Eating: Sliding dentures might pose difficulty while chewing. Dental implants help you with an almost painless eating experience owing to the fact that they function just the way your original teeth would.
Improved Oral Health: There is no need of reduction or alteration of the surrounding teeth in order to support the implants. Hence most of the teeth are left just as they are, improving one’s oral hygiene.
Durability: Implants are tough and resistant, and can last a lifetime if taken proper care of.
Convenience: Dental implants spare one the inconvenience that is so common with removable dentures and at the time of fixing them to their place with messy adhesives.
Healthy gums and strong jaw bones are the only two requisites for a dental implant. Maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting or consult a dentist regularly should be at the top of the priority list after getting the implants done. However, one needs to put in the same amount and quality of care (read brushing and flossing) to the dental implants as one would’ve had to his/her original teeth. A thorough rinse with the help of an antibacterial mouth wash is a must along with periodic dental check-ups.