Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S Vinutha Ramesh ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am having mild teeth pain since few days. And some time pain will not be there and some time it will be there.
I have a root canal treatment. I stopped the treatment after few months. Will any problem in future?
Hi good morning sir/madam in my mouth left side down of last teeth was in half black colour and right side down line last teeth was in small black can you please give suggestions for good health mouth fresh.
I have highly gastric and acidic problem where my ear, nose, mouth becomes dry and blockage in my ears with sticky substance, tongue is absolutely white with acid and dry including nose feels uneasy with respiration problems.
Hello I am having very much pain in my teeth what should I do. What should I do for that any solutions.
Hi, I'm having gums problem and my teeth were looks huge yellow marks on front upper four teeth may be it's because of fluoride water. In my village everybody having this problem. What should do pls guide me, is there any remedies in home? Is that marks are removable or what?
Can a root canal be done on the wisdom tooth? As I have both the wisdom tooth having hole and would want to fill it up and if require I am ok with root canal also. Doctors advise to take the wisdom tooth out but I do not want to loose my wisdom tooth. In one of the wisdom tooth, 15 years back a root canal was done but the silver filing came out. Please suggest a way to salvage wisdom tooth without it to take out.
Hi my name is nixon leon. I was suffering from severe tooth pain last night. I took some medicine that was processed by my mom. But no relief. So pls advice me what medicine I have to take.
Hello Dr. I have this problem whenever I, open my mouth,could hear the breaking of jaw bone near the ear lobe and cause mild pain. What do you suggest?
I have a black stone on my 50% of teeth. The stone is in front of all teeth at the end what should I do for this please help me
I always brush my teeth but even though I have bleeding problem problem so please suggest should I do in this regard.
My tongue started with a yellow/white coating beginning at the back but not continuing half way down the front. It was difficult to swallow/spit saliva and my that mildly burnt. I continued brushing my tongue and now there's a large, red, raw patch down the back, middle. I am currently in India (consuming mire than normal chili/spices) and I am smoking and drinking quite a lot, I assume these will assist with a slight diagnosis? Thank you.
I have problem regarding my Yellow teeth which disappointed me and my personality. Is there possibility to get white teeth? So that i can live my life with fully confidence.
My tooth is painful went I take any cold things like water, cold drinks, ice cream etc tried many tooth paste but not get result pls suggest me.
Hi I am suffering from teeth pain since last 3 months. There is some sensitivity in my teeth and whenever I do eat anything I am facing problem for that. Suggest me what should I do. Thanks.
Dental problems can be very painful and take the smile off your face completely. Those who have experienced sensitivity would vouch for it. It just will not allow you to enjoy the hot coffee or a favourite sweet or a cold smoothie. The pain that shoots down the tooth after any of these would leave the person shuddering.
The tooth has 3 layers, from the outside in these are the enamel, the dentin and the pulp. The outermost enamel is mineralized and the hardest structure in the body. The next layer, dentin, has fine tubules and when the enamel is worn off exposing the dentin, sensitivity sets in. The enamel is thinner in some portions of the tooth like the neck and the roots, therefore sensitivity onset is quicker in these areas.
Some of the common reasons for sensitivity are listed below:
- Tooth decay: As caries progresses from enamel to dentin, sensitivity sets in, especially to hot and cold foods.
- Wear and tear: Excessive brushing of teeth can lead to wearing of teeth, especially near the neck areas, leading to loss of enamel and resulting in sensitivity.
- Dental damage: Chipped or broken tooth can lead to sensitivity.
- Gingival disease: This leads to loss of gum cover over the tooth, leading to exposure of dentin and therefore sensitivity.
- Bruxism: Clenching of teeth, common in people with high levels of stress, can lead to enamel wearing and subsequent sensitivity.
- Dental treatment: Some dental procedures like scaling, crowns, root planing, and some fillings can cause transient sensitivity.
- Highly acidic food items: Citrus fruits, tomatoes, tea, etc. can lead to tooth sensitivity.
- Bleaching agents: Most tooth whitening agents result in sensitive teeth.
- Excessive use of mouthwash: The mouth rinses contain high amount of alcohol which can also lead to tooth sensitivity.
Management: As with all health conditions, the first step in management is to identify the problem. Whether it is dental decay or recent dental treatment, food habits or tooth whitening agents, the cause needs to be identified and then treatment begun accordingly.
- For lost enamel, be it decay or damage, the tooth again needs to be restored to its original form to cover the dentinal tubules and reduce sensitivity.
- For habits, be it food related or bruxism, in addition to treating the tooth, the habit per se needs to be addressed to prevent recurrence.
- For associated dental products like whitening agents or mouth rinses, talk to a dentist to switch to a less harmful product.
- De-sensitizing pastes are also available that can be used on a regular basis to reduce the problem.
Tooth sensitivity is annoying but there are ways to manage it effectively.