Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S VinithaYour feedback matters!
My son 4 year 6 months old does not eat properly. We tried all sorts like giving different type of food each day. We have stopped chocolates and other junk foods still no improvement consulted one doctor he gave buclizine syrup 5 ml 2 times is it safe or any medicine better than this or any ayurvedic medicine?
My son (8yrs) is under medication for seizures since birth. From birth to 5 yrs he was under sodium valporate. However seizures were minimal during that period. Later he had mild seizure for which doctor recommended epilex chrono 200. But seizures continued and he was given epilex chrono 300. For few months he did not have seizures. After he had got once again seizures (for about 1 minute but aware about the things around and does not fall off) he was suggested to give epilex chrono 300 + livipil 250 (morning & night) during night frisium 5mg along with regular tablets. Even after taking higher dose his seizures seem to continue and more than earlier (more than 1 minute and falls off).
Hello sir/ ma'am can I give ghee to my 9 months old daughter. If yes how much quantity give her. And is it harmful?
My baby girl 3.3 years having cold nd fever from night. I gave her crocin syrup but still fever persist. please suggest sum medicine. She is 12. 5 kg.
I have a 10 month baby boy suffering from reddish eye from last 2 month and pediatrician refer to eyes specialist. I want to know whom to visit and also refer in Noida / Ghaziabad area. Please advice.
Hello doc my daughter is 5 year's old and her weight was 27 kg height is good. As per pedestrian all is okay but really i'm worries please help me to remove this conditions thanks.
Hi my children s are active and healthy. My son is 7years weight 20kg. My daughter 9years 30kg. Just want clear that they are in normal weight or abnormal any healthy drinks for childrens and as well as for me with milk.
Hi Am 1 week delivered person but still I have only little breast milk. So I can not feed my daughter till her hunger last so please tell a remedy to increase breast milk fast.
My 7 year old son vomited 4 times and has loose motions couple of times. Yesterday in sleep he had loose motion once which was almost water. He is throwing out everything. Can you please help.
Hi, My daughter is 3 years 4 months old we recently shifted to Bangalore. Here the climate is not getting suited for my daughter, regularly she getting cold & cough. From past 2 weeks she taking homeopathy medicine, still she has cough. How many days will it take to cure thru this treatment.
My daughter has stone in gallbladder. No reason has been observed in her all tests of stone. Her stone is increased by 3mm from last year. It is 6mm now. I don't want to increase that more. What should be her diet. Do I should exclude tomato. Cabbage pumpkin. Bottle Gourd. chocolate from her diet.
My baby is 11 month old now . I give him. Formula milk when he was 6 months old. Lactodex 2 . Should I change it or other effective milk would use .
My 11 months she is having cough from last 2 days and running nise as well giving Kufril LS drops 3 times a day .How many days it will take to recover any precaution need to be taken?
My son is 50 days .had a problem of loose motions and vomiting since 2 or 3 days .i gave him med after consult a doctor of zinc gluconate , ofloxymin .after that the motions is better but vomiting is continuously heavy after breast feeding .consult me what can I do .or go for a pediatrician .
Insulin is the most common treatment prescribed for people affected with diabetes. Diabetes is condition where high amounts of glucose prevail in the blood for an extended period of time. However, there are some drugs that offer an alternative to insulin in treating diabetes, which are:
- Liraglutide: Liraglutide is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) drug that causes the body to release greater amounts of insulin so as to facilitate the movement of glucose from the blood to the cells. People with type 2 diabetes generally use this treatment. It slows the digestion process and can cause symptoms of headache and nausea.
- Pramlintide: It's an artificially produced version of amylin. It is taken by both type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients, facilitates slower digestion of food and therefore, controls release of sugar in the blood. It can cause tiredness and nausea.
- Dulaglutide:This treatment is for people affected with type 2 diabetes and it is administered once a week. It causes more insulin to be released and pass the glucose to the cells. It can cause loss of appetite, nausea and abdominal cramps as side effects.
- Albiglutide: This treatment facilitates pancreas to release insulin and limits the glucagon hormone production. It is used by type 2 diabetes patients who have not taken well to other treatments. The side effects are skin reaction, respiratory tract infection and nausea.
- Exenatide: It is a drug that causes pancreas to release insulin that facilitates movement of glucose to cells. It is a treatment for type 2 diabetes and it restricts release of glucagon in the body. The possible side effects are acidity, constipation and vomiting.
Related Tip: "Living Well with Type 2 Diabetes"
Hi, doctors, My son is 7 years old. He is too week than his ribs can be counted from backside and front side. Although he has no illness. He weight is 18 kg. He doesn't take interest in having food. I have given him tonic also but in vein. Please suggest treatment or diet plan to make him healthier.
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.