Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S VinithaYour feedback matters!
I have a eight months old baby I have been giving him food in plastic bowls is it ok or should other material should be used like steel or glass and can MELAMINE bowls be used.
Hello Doctor, My 7 months old baby boy passes stool once in 3 days. Daily I am feeding him ragi malt, banana msh up, Cereals. Is it ok or do we need to consult Doctor?
How to treat certain allergic in kids? My daughter is 6 years old ; often she gets cold and cough due to this.
My son was diagnosed with hirschsprung disease at the age of 1 month baby and undergone 2 stage (pull through anal) surgery. He is now 7 years old and frequently goes to potty (at least 5-6 times) in a day. The stool is normal, but the thing is - he can't empty stomach at 1 sitting (the way normal human being) does. His school is going to started next week and I am very much bothered about his behaviour in the school (he just wets the pad without his knowledge) and school mgmt may complaint back to me. He doesn't have control of stopping it and now-a-days schools are very pathetic and can't even take care of cleaning or helping the child. I have visited at least 5-6 specialist doctors for 2nd opinion/permanent solution for this issue. Many of them says - its common and strict diet timings/food feeding has to be followed which we followed at home. Very much tired/disappointed with this life.
As suggested homeopathic doctor I have given ipecec 30 - 2 times day and carbo veg 30 - 2 times day for 15 days. There is good response of these medicine and my kid vomiting is reduced by 70%. Should I continue these medicine if yes for how much time ?
SIR MY BABY BOY IS ABOUT 3 MONTH OLD ,HIS MONTH WISE VACINATION JUST GO FINE , HIS NEXT DUE DATE IS 4TH MARCH ,BUT I WANT TO GO IN 1ST MARCH DUE TO SOME WORK, IS IT RIGHT OR 4TH MARCH IS RIGHT FOR BABY,KINDLY SUGGEST
My 8 months old girl baby refusing to drink cows milk and not eating any solid foods and sleeping properly. What to do for these problems?
Hi. Doctors. Mera beta 6 months old h . Wo chhoti chhoti cheezon se dar jata h jaise kisi ne zor se bol diya ya phr phone ki ring baj jaye to . Ye jab bahr le kr jao to bike ya kisi b gadhi ki awaz se dar jata h. Sote sote b bht darta h . Kya ye normal h aise bache krte hain ya koi prblm h. please koi help kijiye.
I am unable to feed my child due to less formation of milk. Can you guide me how milk. Production can increase.
My son is 5 weeks 4 days old. Born with a birth weight of 2.6 kg and current weight 3.3 kg. My son is continuously breastfeeding for 2 hrs at a stretch yet he remain hungry. After initial meconium for 2 days he passes stool at every 2-3 day interval. Now d stool is yellow mustard in colour and smelly. He has 6-10 wet diaper everyday. As my son always remained unsatisfied with my milk I introduced nanpro1 on day 9 once a day which was made twice a day from day 15. Now he takes 2 times upper feed sometimes 3.my son is active but when I take him off my breast after 2 hrs and keep on bed he gets up in 10 mins and starts sticking his tongue out and then starts crying n if I prepare number in 15 mins and gv .he happily gulps down 60- 90 ml. Do you think I have low supply issues or wrong latching issue. D dosage of nanpro1 is to b increased or not. When I pump I get 30 ml from both breast. Wat can b done to improve supply. Currently taking perinorm from last two weeks n lactare powder.
My Daughter is 10 months old on doctors advice had done CRP test which result is 7.64 higher than normal range and started antibiotic from 25 evening Monocef D twice and she is having fever of 101 degree for this giving medicine MEFTAL-P every six hours but after six hours she is having again fever. Is this treatment ok or need to consult other doctor?
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.