Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S V KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Im a student. I hv the habit of over thinking & tht causes too much of stress and tension for me. I often get headache. Can this be migraine?
I am 32 years and having migraine headache from last 8 years. I have tried all sort of medicine but no relief. Please advise some.
I am 39 years old female .After my delivery 12 years ago I got the problem of sleeplessness (insomnia ). Because of anxiety & over sensitive nature. I went to allopathic doc (psychiatric)& they gave me antidepressants for years. Now I felt medicines hv done a major damage in my health .I want to switch over to homeopathy medicines. My question is - Is the any permanent cute in homeopathy without side effects & any dependence on medicines. Thanks.
My Mother Is having migraine as well as improper digestion problem. What should I do so that she gets relief?
Dear sir I have migraine headache pain is coming from neck then after paining one side headache right eye also feeling uneasy it is the problem in head or veins sir. I am using vasograin tab when head ache is severe it is giving SME relief. Exactly twice a month it is coming pls gv me suggestion sir.
Name-Uma, 44 year old. I have started medicine prescribed by MD-dr. For migraine as below from Nov15. My que. Is how long I have to take these medicine. Inderal-20-twice in a day.
it is been Found in the recent study that Women who suffer from Migraine headaches have 50 to 60 percent headache episodes when going through Peri - menopausal and menopausal time periods
I am taking levipil 500 mg for seizure I got last week. I have been suffering from sinusitis for the past 3 months. Can I take homeopathy medication for my sinusitis while I undergo medication for the seizure?
Dear Doctor, My father-in-law (76 years) who is already suffering from Parkinsons and Osteoarthritis is now having this problem. While passing stools there is no solid stool; it is only like a foam (soapy foam), something like that. Since we are not able to take him to a doc we asked a local doc and they prescribed some medicines and after which he was ok. But now again after some weeks the same has started. It goes off and on. Could u please let me know if there is any major issue on this.Kindly help?
From few months I am suffering from heavy headaches and after taking some medicines. I'll get the relief Pls suggest what I have to do. Is this symptom is of migraine.
I have been suffering frm migraine. What precautions should I take to inhibit its effect during this monsoon.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
Hii sir my age is 30 n weight is 90 height is 6 My problem is body pain n headache n uric acid problem n muscles pain n migran I am taking tablet foxstat 80 control uric acid n I have control uric acid but I have to take life time this tablet n when I am doing exercises my body become cool n weakness so what r the reason for weakness n cool please sir suggest me.
My father is paralysed and he is using leofin 10 for longer time but we don't see any improvement is there any alternative medicine for this.
I have leg pain neck pain and numbness on one side of neck. Urine urgency at times. Right wrist pain is also there this increases more when I am thinking about pain or working on computers.
I am getting major head attacks at night. A major migrane attacks. Please suggest me a valid medicine to get rid of it.
Getting good sleep is important in maintaining health. There are several things that you can do to promote good sleep, and ultimately Get Better Sleep.
What is sleep hygiene?
Sleep hygiene is defined as behaviors that one can do to help promote good sleep using behavioral interventions.
Sleep hygiene tips:
Maintain a regular sleep routine
- Go to bed at the same time. Wake up at the same time. Ideally, your schedule will remain the same (+/- 20 minutes) every night of the week.
Avoid naps if possible
- Naps decrease the ‘Sleep Debt’ that is so necessary for easy sleep onset.
- Each of us needs a certain amount of sleep per 24-hour period. We need that amount, and we don’t need more than that.
- When we take naps, it decreases the amount of sleep that we need the next night – which may cause sleep fragmentation and difficulty initiating sleep, and may lead to insomnia.
Don’t stay in bed awake for more than 5-10 minutes.
- If you find your mind racing, or worrying about not being able to sleep during the middle of the night, get out of bed, and sit in a chair in the dark. Do your mind racing in the chair until you are sleepy, then return to bed. No TV or internet during these periods! That will just stimulate you more than desired.
- If this happens several times during the night, that is OK. Just maintain your regular wake time, and try to avoid naps.
Don’t watch TV or read in bed.
- When you watch TV or read in bed, you associate the bed with wakefulness.
- The bed is reserved for two things – sleep and hanky panky.
Drink caffeinated drinks with caution
- The effects of caffeine may last for several hours after ingestion. Caffeine can fragment sleep, and cause difficulty initiating sleep. If you drink caffeine, use it only before noon.
- Remember that soda and tea contain caffeine as well.
Avoid inappropriate substances that interfere with sleep
- Cigarettes, alcohol, and over-the-counter medications may cause fragmented sleep.
- Exercise before 2 pm every day. Exercise promotes continuous sleep.
- Avoid rigorous exercise before bedtime. Rigorous exercise circulates endorphins into the body which may cause difficulty initiating sleep
- Have a quiet, comfortable bedroom
- Set your bedroom thermostat at a comfortable temperature. Generally, a little cooler is better than a little warmer.
- Turn off the TV and other extraneous noise that may disrupt sleep.
- Background ‘white noise’ like a fan is OK.
- If your pets awaken you, keep them outside the bedroom.
- Your bedroom should be dark. Turn off bright lights.
- Have a comfortable mattress.
If you are a ‘clock watcher’ at night, hide the clock.
Have a comfortable pre-bedtime routine
- A warm bath, shower
- Meditation, or quiet time