Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Peripheral Nerve
Submit a review for Dr. S V KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hyper tension diabetes and obesity since last 8 to 10 years treatment going on through allopathic medicine suggest also breathing problem called sleep apnea and also taking medicine of thyroid.
I am a chronic patient of migraine with constant headaches throughout the day however this problem has reduced quite much but the sleeping problem has got really worse lately as I am unable to sleep at all and this has resulted in anxiety in which I feel as if I will not be able to sleep again I panic on small issues and get irritated, from November last year I have been eating pills for sleeping and I continued it unknowingly till July on doctors prescription but when I came to know about it I tried to reduce it but I was unable to do so it seems I have become habitual and have continued it since then with breaks in between, yesterday night I took two pills but it did not work. Since this problem has started I have become physically weak and I think that all this has stemmed from the fear of getting sleep that I have even if I sleep for sometime is not sound one and I feel frustrated throughout the day. Please help me out.
I am 27 years female. And I have migraine. Please tell the proper solution for this as I am having medicines like headset or combiflam but they giving just temporarily relief.
Doctor, About 5months ago I had a surgery on my head and the find it is a tumor (Menengomia. Due to complication they removed 65%of it balance 35%still in my left eye side. It was major surgery which took so many hours then bleeding come they stopped. It is done in Bangalore. My next check up is on august. Now still I am not okay. Now I feel while walking I am not getting a balance I feel. But I am not falling down or any thing. And my left eye was closed for a long period now it is opened because of medical. But still not okay. Now while I am touching my head I feel all brain is coming up like. And still from left portion of my face is still no sensation. So can you tell me the result of this. Reply please give me advice?
Please help me, mere pati gadi se gir gaye ab wo kisiko nhi pehchante right pair bhi kam nhi kar raha.
I am suffering from nerves problem all doctors are telling no treatment for nerves problem so pls give me some suggestion doctor.
Sleep apnea is a disorder which is characterized as interruptions in breathing when you are sleeping. These interruptions or pauses in breathing usually last for about 10 to 20 seconds and may be repeated over 100 times alongside the duration of your sleep. This condition leads to poor sleep resulting in drowsiness, fatigue and poor concentration throughout the day.
Sleep apnea can be classified as:
- Central sleep apnea: Central sleep apnea impairs the central nervous system wherein the brain fails to control muscles which regulate breathing while you sleep.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This type of sleep apnea occurs when the soft tissues present in the back of the throat block the airway and thus resulting in loud snoring.
Signs and symptoms:
The various signs and symptoms of sleep apnea are
- Loud and chronic snoring during sleeping
- Interruptions in breathing
- Shortness of breath during sleep
- Fatigue during the day
- Choking and gasping during sleep
- Extreme irritability and drowsiness
- Experiencing headaches in the morning
- Impaired concentration and forgetfulness
- Chronic sore throat and dry mouth
The various risk factors for sleep apnea are:
- If you are overweight
- If you are male
- If you are over the age of 40
- If you have a large tongue and tonsils
- If someone in your family has sleep apnea
- Nasal obstruction due to sinus problems
There are certain prevention measures to control sleep apnea, they are:
- Limit smoking: Smoking may cause you to retain fluid in the throat which contributes to sleep apnea.
- Exercise: You should exercise regularly to keep off weight as being overweight increases the chances of getting affected by sleep apnea.
- Schedule your sleep: You should get enough sleep every day so that your body is refreshed and revitalized. Getting enough sleep, thus helps in preventing sleep apnea.