Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S V Kulkarni
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S V KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Pichle 3 year s hm apne hath ko touch krte h ya face ko koi slap kr de hmko tho wo area m sujan aa jati hai or 10 mint bd thik ho jata h please help me.
I have a sort of a fungal infection near my wrist it is very itchy. It is not a ring but skin coloured minute blotches and it has also grown in my elbow. So what do you advise?
My skin is so oily. Every time I have to wash my face regular. Unless feel so oily what should I do.
I hv redness on my skin which starts as a dot and spreads its on my hands stomach and on my legs I hv consulted many doctors they say it's due to nerves problem and stress and it's allergy but I take tablet I get relief and again it's the same, I want to know the reason what is the real problem it's being from last 7 months.
Skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe. A healthy skin can slow down the aging process and prevent skin problems.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder, chiefly caused by insulin fluctuation in the body. A study shows that, 1 out of 3 people suffering from diabetes are likely to develop a skin condition sooner or later.
Here are skin conditions that affect diabetics:
- Fungal infections: People who have diabetes have an increased risk of contracting the fungal infection, especially the one known as Candida Albicans. The fungus tends to create a red, itchy rash, which is surrounded by blisters and scales. These are usually found in warm places of the body like the armpits, or between the fingers of the hand or perhaps even the toes. Common fungal infections in diabetic people include athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm.
- Skin problems related to neuropathy: Diabetes can be the cause of nerve damage in some cases; and neuropathy is a common symptom of diabetes. This type of damage can cause a loss of sensation in a part of the body. On event of an injury, one may not be able to feel it. As a result, an open sore or wound, if left unattended, can develop into an infection.
- Bacterial infection: Although anyone can get a bacterial infection, people suffering from diabetes are likelier to contract them. Usual bacterial skin problems that tend to trouble diabetics are boils, lumps near the eyelids, nail infections and carbuncles. Diabetics are also prone to infections deep in the skin and of the underlying tissues. The affected area is usually warm, red and swollen.
- Tingling and itching: Among the many causes of itching, diabetes is one. Yeast infection, dry skin and poor circulation are the primary causes of itching among patients of diabetes. Usually, the lower part of the leg tends to itch the most, if poor circulation is to be blamed.
- Acanthosis nigricans: Acanthosis nigricans is the condition where diabetics get darkening of skin leading to skin tags around neck and armpits.
You may have preferences when it comes to which skin care products you want to use on your skin, but the actual nourishment is received from within. Hence it is very important to eat healthy food in order to keep your skin healthy. Although it is not possible to maintain the 'healthy' food notion every day, here are some food items which you must eat regularly to maintain healthy skin:
1. Olive oil:
Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you can use in your everyday meals. This is because almost 75% of the fat in olive oil is monounsaturated fatty acids. It also contains antioxidant polyphenols which help to keep the skin healthy. Olive oil also plays a major role in controlling signs of aging. If you consume olive oil regularly for at least a few weeks, you will suffer from 31% less signs of aging.
When consumed with olive oils for a few weeks, tomatoes provide almost 33% more protection against suffering from sunburns. This is because tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene which helps in improving the natural SPF of the skin.
3. Dark Chocolate:
In spite of the common belief that it is a weight gaining food, dark chocolate is actually very beneficial to the skin. It contains a compound called "cocoa flavanols" which hydrate skin and also improve blood circulation in the body.
4. Green Tea:
Green tea has an antioxidant called EGCG which improves blood circulation and oxygen flow in the body, while delivering vital nutrients to the skin which is required for its health. Green tea makes the skin more elastic and smooth, softer and supple. It also reduces sun damage by a quarter.
Water is very important for the skin to remain hydrated. Drinking enough water everyday makes the skin appear plumper and less wrinkled.
Regular consumption of coffee reduces the risk of non-melanoma skin cancer by 11%. If you drink 6 cups of coffee every day, it reduces the risk by 30%, but it causes other health problems; hence is not advised.
Carrots contain "carotenoid" which gives a natural glow to the skin. Carotenoid provides more yellow tones to skin giving it a healthier look.
Pomegranate has the most antioxidant content amongst fruits. It has an inflammation fighting antioxidant which helps in fighting aging signs.
9. Sunflower seeds:
Sunflower seeds are full of Vitamin E which makes the skin supple and helps to protect the skin from the Sun.
This red root is loaded with Vitamin A, potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and Vitamin E. It has skin clearing properties, and is essential for healthy skin and epidermal healing. It acts as an all-round body cleanser. It also helps eliminate toxins and lowers cholesterol level. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.