Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S S SrikantaYour feedback matters!
I am 33 years old, my weight is approx 105, I am thyroid patient but now thyroid is stay with 1 medicine daily of 50mg, I am very bulky please guide me how to control on my weight ?
My age is 69 years, Male,Diabetic since 4 years. Taking Janumet 50/500 one morning, one evening since about 9 months. It is myth that constant use of same Diabetic medicines over longer period of time effect/control over disease is reduced/less effective. Can I switch to AMARYL M2 mg. One morning and one evening and regular monitoring of sugar and also further adjustment of Diabetic medicines. Devinder kumar MOB: 9872253630. Kindly advice. Regards &Thanks.
How can I control my diabetics? I use to go for a daily walk but my diabetics is not under control why?
Hi, I'm Prabha, 36 years old. I'm diabetic and taking medicines. During the intake of medicine also, fasting blood sugar (107) is more than normal value and after food blood sugar is within the range. How to control that? What type of diabetics I'm having?
I am getting pimples, blackhead, oily skin problem on my face so tell me the solution of this problems. Also my mom the problem of blood pressure and diabetes give a solution.
Please give suggestion to control high pressure and diabetics and also my last testing micral urine was 183.5, my last fasting was 129 mg/dl and pp was 164 mg/dl on accu chek active machine, now tell me the actual result of this and is it too much for me and my age is 39 years and also I m a diabetic patient last 7 years.
I am a type II diabetic patient since my 57 years of age and now I am 62 years old. Initially the count was 155 random and nowadays the count is showing 333 average. While, earlier half tablet of Diamicron XR 60 was suggested by the doctor, now one full tablet is suggested and I am following that also. But count has not come down. I am doing 10 Suryanamaskara everyday. I am a white rice user on noon and night. Hence, what is the solution for bringing down the count.
I am 26 years men. I have thyroid problem what are all home remedies should take. And what are all food should not take.
I have diabetes since past 9 years. My age is 59 years. I need to have better control of it. Kindly suggest workable points that can bring down diabetes to effective long term control.
I am 27 male I am suffering from thyroid disaster identified at 13 years old there is any complete treatment or any side effects due to this due to my laziness I failed to take medicine regularly.
Sir, I am 32 years old male. My bp is normal and blood sugar level is also normal. I was passing happy married life but now I have performance related stress. I can't keep my erection more than 2 min. After taking manforce I can keep my erection up to 4 hours but view side effects I am not really interested for these medicine. Sir please guide.
I am 18 years old obese boy weighing more than 100 kgs my height is 5'5' please refer some diet plan so I can able to lower down my weight Note my thyroid is normal and I am not able to take out time for some exercise.
Hi, In during me master health checkup in last December, I found the bilirubin level was high as 3.6, SGOT-43 IU/L , SGPT-45 IU/L and then I Undergone medication, I March bilirubin was 2.1 and SGOT-32 IU/L , SGPT-39 IU/L and now in June bilirubin was 2.4 and SGOT-32 IU/L , SGPT-39 IU/L , here my question is why bilirubin level not coming less and there is any problem with this and I am not having any big symptoms but some times stomach will be upset and how to bring down bilirubin level under control.
Last week my sugar level was 238 fasting and yesterday it showed 128. What is the reason for this fluctuations even though I don't take any medicines.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.