Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S. RaghunathYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have suffered from typhoid twice once in November n now in December. I got severe back pain when I got typhoid first time. Later too. Still suffering from bank pain. One orthopedist suggested me to go for MRI. He is suspecting it as salmonella discitis. MRI report says dehydration of disc l2-l3. Please suggest me.
My dad's left leg ankle wounding from past 7 years to till now no one cannot cure that problem. How can rectify this problem?
If person on ART and hiv infection is undetectable thn hiv test is negative or positive (not include western blot or hiv RNA )? N how get medicine frm India to newzealand ?any way?
I am 33 years old. I m suffring from leuckaplakia in my toung. There is any perfect treatment. It can be cure. Any treatment for it?
Hello doctor I don't get proper sleep over one month and also it takes long time to sleep completely when I go to bed.
Sir I have problem of uric acid and my uric acid level is 9.8% and I have joint pain in my wrist I have tried many ayurvedic medicines but no use please help me.
My sperm analysis 04 ml, alkaline, viscosity_normal, total count 55 mil, active-45 sluggish-25 dead-30, morphology- pus cell 2 phf. Is that normal or not.
Children might vomit after meals due to various causes. While they may not be life threatening or potentially harmful to the child, getting to the bottom of the problem to deal with it is better, so as to prevent it from becoming a chronic problem is definitely vital.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons children might throw up:
- Gastroenteritis: This may be virus, bacteria and parasite induced. The best way to deal with it is to eat clean food and wash hands with an antiseptic soap prior to each meal. It is usually seen in combination with diarrhoea.
- Allergies: Some children who throw up might do so as it is allergy induced. To diagnose the cause of food induced vomiting, the allergens must be noticed as soon as possible as there might be more than one food ingredient causing the reaction in the child. Each time the child throws up, the parents must note down all the food ingredients consumed by the child. This helps the paediatrician in better diagnosing the underlying cause of vomiting. In children up to the age of 4, foods such as rice, poultry, milk and soy often act as triggers and it is called ‘food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome’ (FPIES).
- Backing up of food: Anti peristalsis or the backward movement of food along the digestive tract might happen in children for a host of reasons. The digestive tract has muscles which prevent the backward flow of food and instead, force the food downwards i.e. from mouth to anus. Due to children having weaker musculature in their digestive tract, regurgitation might be a frequent occurrence.
- Reflux: Swallowing large amounts of air while eating can make the child bloated leading to reflux. Reflux can also take place if the baby is being overfed.
If the child is frequently throwing up after meals, keeping them hydrated is of utmost importance. Unless a doctor prescribes them anti-vomiting medicines, they shouldn’t be administered to children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
I am 20 year old person I have a problem in my head I have take medicine many times but there is no any change in my pain now you say what problem in my head? Please tell me solution.
I miss suffering from insomnia for many months Also me and my wife suffering from acidity while we very less time eat food of outside. Please suggest some remedy. Thanks.
The treatment of heart disease has come a long way and one of the more important and fairly common devices used to correct rhythmic problems of the heart is a pacemaker. A pacemaker is a device which is put inside the chest or sometimes even the abdomen to send electrical pulses to the heart to keep it beating at a normal rate.
Pacemaker for heart failure
However, the implications in case of heart failure make the usage of the pacemaker much more complicated. In such cases, the device used is a special type of pacemaker which is also called a bi-ventricular pacemaker. This device sends electrical signals to pump the ventricles of the heart so that they can pump at the same time.
There are many factors to be aware of before undergoing this treatment. Some of the factors to consider are mentioned below.
- Requirement for a pacemaker in case of heart failure - When a patient has heart failure, their ventricles or lower chambers of the heart aren't able to pump enough blood into it. This could be due to physical problems with the heart or problems with the electrical system within it which cannot function normally. The doctor will perform multiple tests to determine whether a patient is the right candidate for a pacemaker for heart failure.
- The procedure - In most cases the device is fitted into the chest and it is done without an open heart surgery. Precautions and post operative care for a minor surgery should be followed. The doctor makes a minor incision on the chest and then inserts the device along with three leads which are connected to the ventricles to ensure they keep pumping properly. Sometimes another device known as the ICD or the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator may be put in to shock the heart back to a normal rhythm in extreme cases where the change of sudden death from high heart rate is a possibility.
- Immediate post operative care - As mentioned above, the surgery involved in putting a pacemaker is a minor one and the patient is usually discharged in next 2-3 days or may be more depending on the comorbidities & complexity of the scenario. However, in most cases, people can go home the next day fairly easily although some monitoring is done for the next few days with daily reporting.