Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. S. PreetiYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I need to ask you that how to get rid of stress. As I take lot of stress. How do I tackle it.
Stress is a mental condition that can be triggered by various factors like personal problems and diseases. Ayurvedic unlike many conventional treatments, has natural treatments and as such is free from side effects. There are multiple treatments in Ayurveda that can be used to treat stress, they are:
- Exercise: Exercising helps in releasing endorphins (feel good hormones) in the body. Exercises like running and swimming can help in treating stress as well as aid in burning calories and keep your weight levels in check. Exercise also helps in boosting your alertness and concentration and thus boosting your overall mental health.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to increase your intake of vitamins and antioxidants. Avoid eating non vegetarian foods as they can lead to accumulation of toxins in the body and cause problems. Include foods like nuts and dark chocolate as they are known as mood boosters. These foods also promote feelings of satiety.
- Practice relaxation techniques: You can practice relaxation techniques like meditation, which helps in calming the mind. Basic meditative techniques like focusing on your breath and practicing mindfulness are very beneficial. They also help you in de-stressing and improving your focus.
- Herbs: You may also include herbs like brahmi that has properties which can reduce stress levels in your body. It can also help in controlling anxiety and stress. It also provides the body with antioxidants that are good for the body as they help in controlling the free radical damage. Ashwagandha is yet another herb that helps in limiting levels of stress and fatigue in the body. It also improves the immune function in the body which means that you will be less prone to diseases.
- Massage therapy: You may opt for massage therapy to reduce stress levels in the body. Use a concoction of various medicated oils to massage your head and body. Massage therapy can improve blood circulation in the body and lead to lower levels of stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am having temper. Feeling very angry for silly matter. How can I control myself? Give me suggestions.
I am 33 years old. I have Hypothyroidism. My voice has been changed when I was pregnant. Please let me know, what may be the problem. Do I need to consult Endocrinologist or ENT specialist.
Owing the prolonged duration of stress, anxiety, grief and conflict; I am inclined towards seeking professional help from some psychotherapist / psychologist so that some strategy be placed in order to alleviate.
I have quit smoking but I have this soar throat and lot of flem that is very hard and doesn't come out. Can any one help on the flem part and how improve my lung capacity.
How to stop smoking as I have addicted since 5 years I couldn't resist my habit please help me out I smoke nearly 1 pack a day.
Physical intimacy forms a vital part of romantic relationships, marital or otherwise. Going by the general hierarchy of human needs, the drive for sex is one of the basic urges of a human being that needs to be fulfilled before moving on to higher level needs, which include security and companionship.
Sex in a relationship is very important because:
1. It ensures the overall satisfaction of both the individuals in the relationship.
2. It helps in forging a deeper emotional connect with the partner, thereby, establishing trust and understanding.
3. Sexual intimacy helps in establishing a rather firm relationship base, thus facilitating a stronger psychological bond.
4. Sex helps both the partners acknowledge the worth of the relationship, even more. Since, there is more clarity and transparency, sex helps both the partners come absolutely clean in terms of what they want from the relationship.
Foreplay helps in establishing trust in the relationship by letting the partner know that the other wants to stay with him/her and it is not the act of sexual intercourse that is only important. The lack of sex in a romantic relationship reduces the psychological wellbeing of both the partners and their emotional and physical satisfaction and takeaways from the relationship.
It is important to not use sexual act as a weapon or as an answer to disputes. This eventually results in the degradation of the relationship. In most marital or couple counselling sessions, the partners are questioned about their sex life and encouraged to enhance it, but not as a solution to their emotional problems. It is only advised to bring the couple closer. Research suggests that physical intimacy is a close second to emotional intimacy in relationships and they both go hand in hand in bettering the relationship. Needs, both sexual and emotional, require equal fulfilment to ensure a long standing relationship. However, both the types of needs need to be prioritized, and this priority varies among couples and both partners must work towards striking a balance between the two.
I have habit of smoking and I casually get the pain in the chest it will effect me in my future. Please advice
I was diagnosed with depression when I was 25 years old (in 10th class). I used to feel nervous and sad for no apparent reason. I couldn't sleep at night. When it became worse we had consulted a psychiatrist who prescribed some medications (forgot the name). The depression reoccurred and doctor changed medicine to Paxidep CR 25 mg. It was fine for few weeks but then I felt depressive again. This time the doctor added one more medicine Lamitor OD 50 mg. I have been taking these 2 medicines since almost 10 years now. I haven't had any major depression incidents since that time. I feel depressed, anxious and irritated at times (especially before my periods), but I am able to manage. My mother has bipolar. And there is history of depression and other mental disorders in my family as well. Please tell me if these medications are right for me to continue life long. I had checked online that paxidep CR had several side effects. My period cycle is irregular and painful (read as a side effect of paxidep). Thank you.
I am a class 12th student. I am going to appear for the aipmt exam this year. But the chapters which I had remembered throughout the year now I had forgotten all those things. Now I am thinking that I am not able to write any thing in my exam if this situation exists. And because of the depression I want to suicide. please doctor help me.
1) He is having serious memory issue 2) He is not getting words while talking 3) He is able to read, write,Identify all the friends but always angry with everyone most of the time 4) some day he is very silent and normal 5) Most of the time he is getting he want to go from home, no answer where he want go, but someday he used to go to some of his friends home. Some days to temples. May be frequently 6) Some days he will bath/ brush two or three times. If we are reminding this he will get angry and will try to go out of home As per Neurologist it is because of one silent brain attack and dementia He is a retired Mathematics teacher, and this symptoms started some 4 year back. Now some days he is very violent because of the above reason Please suggest what kind of consulting required for this? Any psychological consultation? Waiting for your feedback.
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression. Chance of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
Constant fear and worry
Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.