Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. S. PreetiYour feedback matters!
Shall I know that some ayurvedic medicines are bieng sold in markets for improvement of stress and memory.
There's an aunt 46 years old. She sleeps by 2 am and wakes up by 6. Since past few days she is getting hyper . Feeling sleepy whole day and she doesn't realize when she slept. She has pain in legs. Bloten belly. Gain in weight is also observed. Today she felt Unconscious too . These symptoms why doc?
Which is the best exercise to charge the mind and nervous system and to improve multitasking skills of mind.
I am 27 years old divorce man with 21 months old son. I got divorced in May 3 2016 but after 6 months I want a life partner as soon as possible because I am too much frustrated sexually and emotionally. I want a partner who can give me both but my mom dad is saying that you are in too much hurry and you should wait at least 2 to 3 years for marriage but I want it early. I am very frustrated because in my prospective I need a emotional support which I can only receive through wife. I am also sexually frustrated but I have a control over it. Am I mentally ill or not? If yes then please tell me what to do to cure it.
My mother had some issues regarding the kind of dreams she had at night. They are scary and negative. Kindly help.
Hi, I'm Male 26 and I have been experiencing depression and anxiety since 5 months. I had a trauma in my life which I could not get out of my head. It was related to my career. I lost my job in Nov 2017 due to demoralization and that put me into shock because I did not have any backup at that point of time. I got so depressed and I even had suicide tendencies. I had serious health issues that time which included heart palpitation, vomiting, headache, anxiety, dizziness etc. I did not consult any Doctor for the same as I myself took control over all the problems. I used to get a feeling of being in such a rush like the world is gonna end the very next day. I was running after my career because I had lots of responsibilities on my shoulders. I'm engaged and I used to think about that a lot. I have gotten a new job now and I'm satisfied with it but I still get the weird feeling. I feel so low, I am unable to focus on things properly, I was the person who used to talk to people so much but now I don't feel like talking to them. I sometimes fumble while speaking. Please suggest what needs to be done to get it right. Will really much appreciate that. Thanks.
Hi, I'm 23 year old male. I feel stressed always and some fear in mind. It kills me and unable to get involved in anything.
I am 26 year old suffering from alcohol behaviour. I drink full bottle in a day I want to quite from this what is the treatment.
I am little bit tensed and depressed for without any reason. I got panic quickly. How I can recover this problem?
Hello doctors I am 25 years old lady. I am suffering some problem regarding my love life. Our relationship was from last 8 years. Will be getted married in 2018. But there is one problem I doesn't trust him because he broke my trust so many times. He loved to talk with other girls or you can say he loved to flirt with them. I was caught him several times he promised me that he would not be doing this in future but again he does it. I cannot change his nature. He loved me truly he cannot think about to ditch me but why this is happen with him I don't understand and that's the reason now I can't be trust him fully. What should I do please help me.
I am not able to concentrate on a particular work and complete that in a go ex. If I start a specific work I will do that for some time and after some time I forget that and not able to complete that work in one go. Please advise.
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!
Hi, i'm 24 years old, I'm addicted to internet. I'm using it quite often. Due to to this I'm unable to concentrate on studies. How to overcome from this?
I am 23 years old male sir I am fed up with some complications of my health which were not before a year or months back I am facing inactiveness tiredness fatigue and low confidence all the time feel sleepy and dizzy I am losing my memory I mean I am unable to recollect things weak memory, which I used to remember before (before such complications) losing interest in social lifestyle, if I have reasons to be happy then suddenly I become upset mood swings happen suddenly and all the day head ache feeling like useless and blank which I never used to feel before I am unable to talk stammering due low confidence I am in turmoil not only every one but even I myself can't believe what I was before I am not the same now even I forgot to mention I lost interest in food and taste buds at all BP is 140/100 avg at this age P. S: the only difference btwn last yr and now is I am alone time last year I completed my engg grad so am idle this might be a one factor but not actual root cause please help me.
Dear doctor, everyday when I woke up. I used to have bad taste in my mouth and may be smell even, and every morning I need to wash my mouth just after getting up. I do not prefer to speak even because of that problem. And there are sometimes or most of the times traces of blood when I spit and wash my mouth in the morning just after waking up. What should I do, please suggest something, I never skip brushing and do not have any habit of smoking or eating anything like that.
There is a wide range of remedies that are available to treat depression in young adults. While there is no proven way of treating depression, broadly there are three approaches that is psychological, medical and natural. The key is to know the cause of depression. Once the cause is known, a qualified professional decides the course of treatment.
Psychological Treatment: Psychological treatments revolve around talking with the patient and change the way he thinks. It equips an individual to cope up with stress, depression and conflicts.
The three most popular treatment approaches are CBT, IPT and MBCT:
- Cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) is an approach where the behavioral pattern of the patient is analyzed and a certain change in behavior is suggested to deal with depression. CBT is a problem-solving approach where a psychologist first analyzes the problem and helps a patient to see the problem from a more positive aspect.
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT) deals with problems related to personal relationships. It analyses the relationship pattern of a patient and specifically addresses them to drive away depression.
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is a group activity and encourages a patient to express their feelings. The idea is to share as much as a patient can. It helps the mind to focus on the present rather than wondering it to something irrelevant that causes depression.
Medical treatment: Medical treatment deals with depression with the help of antidepressants. Medication depends on the level of depression. For more serious depression, such as psychosis and bipolar disorder, a doctor often prescribes psychotic drugs along with antidepressants and mood stabilizers. Medical treatment is suggested only when psychological treatment fails. A patient might have to get admitted in a good facility for a short time or full period of the treatment.
The natural treatment: It is related to lifestyle changes and helps a patient overcome depression. It can be followed along with other forms of treatment. Some good practices are as follows:
- A good diet: A healthy diet often helps to fight depression. Serotonin rich food such as coconut oil, fish oil, eggs, cherries, Omega-3 acid greatly helps in fighting depression.
- Stay away from Caffeine: Any caffeine related products such as coffee, cigarettes or liquor should be avoided during the depression.
- Meditation: Meditation greatly helps in overcoming depression. It offers the much-needed piece of mind and helps to concentrate more.
- Daily exercise: It has been observed that regular physical activities such as walking, running and free hand exercise can be of great help in overcoming depression. It uplifts mood and reduces stress.
- Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds contain important elements such as magnesium, healthy fat, amino acid and L-tryptophan. Pumpkin seeds help to secrete serotonin and serotonin, in turn, help in fighting depression.