Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjay P Hegde
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay P HegdeYour feedback matters!
I have swelling in my hand from long time. Examined by several doctors but pblm still same. Please tell me the symptom and its solution if any?
She had a problem in her neck from last 3 years .she suffered a lot with this problem. She feels lot of pain. Please can you give some solution for it.
I am having low back pain at right side past one week especially if I sit in the chair for some time am experiencing the pain. As part of my job I have to sit and work min 8 to 10 hrs. Am 34 years old.
I am 30 years old I have back problem ie, I can't straight for long time. And my back bone is not straight it's bended. So tell me solution for my problem.
6 fracture in ribs and one in collar bone what the treatment is used and what cost and in this treatment what time to admit in hospital .any chance to infractions or any other type of critical condition is develop.
I have grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L4 over L5 in lumbar spine (lower back). The orthopedic has recommended me 6 exercises and gave me bio d3 plus, limcee and optional painkiller and gas tablets. I'm feared will this condition completely cure or it will stay lifelong? What are the precautions to be taken like the daily physical activity, sitting and standing habits, walking, posture to be maintained, or do I have to take rest as much as possible like do I have to lie down and avoid straining my back as much as possible? Please help. I'm damn tensed. Will I be able to. Play basket ball again? Cycle again? Jump again? Lift heavy weights again?
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.