Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Sanjay P Hegde

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics

Orthopedist, Bangalore

28 Years Experience
Dr. Sanjay P Hegde MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics Orthopedist, Bangalore
28 Years Experience
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My experience is coupled with genuine concern for my patients. All of my staff is dedicated to your comfort and prompt attention as well. Doctor is an active member of Karnataka Orthopae......more
My experience is coupled with genuine concern for my patients. All of my staff is dedicated to your comfort and prompt attention as well. Doctor is an active member of Karnataka Orthopaedic Association, Bangalore Orthopaedic Society, Bangalore Orthopaedic Society
More about Dr. Sanjay P Hegde
Dr. Sanjay P Hegde is a popular Orthopedist in Old Airport Road, Bangalore. He has had many happy patients in his 28 years of journey as a Orthopedist. He has done MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics. You can visit him at Manipal Hospital in Old Airport Road, Bangalore. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Sanjay P Hegde on has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences (KIMS), Bangalore - 1989
MS - Orthopaedics - JJM Medical College , Davangere - 1994
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Karnataka Orthopaedic Association
Bangalore Orthopaedic Society


Book Clinic Appointment

Manipal Hospital

Kodihalli, Old Airport RoadBangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay P Hegde

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

How I know I am suffering from arthritis by medical report Which type of checkup done by doctor.

BPTh/BPT, MPTh/MPT, Certified Manual Therapist, Certified McConnell Concept Practitioner, Certified Dry Needling Practitioner
Physiotherapist, Patna
Hi lybrate-user. There are many types of arthritis, for evaluation purposes some blood tests maybe necessary like ESR, CRP, RA factor etc. Your x-ray reports also can tell your condition of arthritis. But your symptoms is main part of this evaluation process.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Please tell me what can I do in slip disk problem please explain preventive & treatment methods without using drugs because I need not anymore drugs because I already taken lots of drugs.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
Orthopedist, Trichy
you have to avoid lifting heavy weight and doing strenuous activities. Core muscle strengthening exercises helps. weight reduction is necessary.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 64 year old. Have arthritis of knees. My left knee is worse than right one. In the morning when I get up and stand it doesn't get straight at once. I have to struggle for some time. This happens after so get up after sitting for long too, like in a movie. How to handle this, pls. Help.

FRHS, Ph.D Neuro , MPT - Neurology Physiotherapy, D.Sp.Med, DPHM (Health Management ), BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Chennai
Do Take IFT and vacuum Therapy Physiotherapy treatment for pain relief for 10 days followed by Static quadriceps and Strengthening exercises from Physiotherapist Best wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello im siya 28 years old. Since 2 years im having upper back right side pain along with rib pain from side in right. I did everything bt its nt cured pain pattern different throughout the day and even hours. sometime chronic sometime mild. Im so depressed cuz of dis. Can not do any job cuz of dat. Could anyone help me in dis n advice me it is curable or nt. Affected area of right is shoulder, shoulder blades, and rib cage of right side. Thanks.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

MBBS, DNB - Neurosurgery
Neurosurgeon, Bangalore
Never neglect any neurological problem -Chronic headache, Chronic neck pain , Chronic back pain, Giddiness, Loss of awareness and Convulsions etc. Seek expert opinion.
1 person found this helpful

1 am 32 years old male. I am suffering from disc bulge in L5-S1for past 2 years. I took medicine for the same and I does regular exercises for this back pain but I havo not got much relief. Problem still persists. please suggest solution.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Apply hot fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural correction- sit tall, walk tall. Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily. Bhujang asana. Core strengthening exercises. Back stretching. Do the cat/cow stretch.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am male 30 year I have continuous headache from last few days even I have shoulder pain too. What you say what it can be ?

Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Occupational Therapist, Delhi
It can be tension type headache, your pain is radiating from neck to shoulders Do not overexert yourself Take complete 6-8 hrs sleep Drink plenty of water/fluids Do neck isometrics Active movements of both neck & shoulders Stretching of neck & shoulders Take care of your posture, avoid slouched posture Take rest breaks of at least 10min if working for long durations
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 23 year old Boy, I am a patient of Limb Girdle Muscular Dystrophy. Is there any treatment of this? If yes, so what is that? And what precautions should I care of?

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Jamnagar
Did you got investigated by lab test of CPKASE levels Creatinine phosphokinase Is it high in your case Do others in your family have this problem / same disease IF you really have Muscular dystrophy you have no remedy for that Recently Dr Alok Sharma in Bombay is treating patients with muscular dystrophy by stem cell treatment and he is successful to give results partly I am sorry to hear you have this disease
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello I have problem in my leg palm It's get heating many times and there is pain also in it give some tips.

General Physician, Cuttack
It could be due to peripheral neuropathy, muscle strain, dehydration, over exertion, compression of nerve as in lumbar stenosis, mineral deficiency (calcium, Magnesium,Potassium), deficiency 0f vitamin B12, medicine like diuretics as in hypertension, ,Diabetes, liver, thyroid disease Treatment 1.Take good nourishing diet with plenty of green leafy vegetables and, fruits 2.Drink plenty of water with electral/ORS powder 3.Take multi vitamin supplement like one capsule of polybion daily 3. Massaging cramped muscle, Take pain killer like one tablet of crocin pain relief sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets per day 4.Hot fomentation by heating pad, warm water bath 5. Stretching exercise etc 6. Take adequate rest, avoid over exertion and dehydration 7.Consult physician for further advice and treatment.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from back pain from last 2 weeks what are the precautions to take to get relief from back pain?

DHMS (Hons.)
Homeopath, Patna
Dear lybrate user, back pain is due to postural defect, gastric disorder, traumatic injury. Go for physitheraphy. Take, homoeo medicine. @ rhus tox 200-6 pills, thrice a day. @arnica mont 200-6 pills, thrice a day. Take, plenty of water to eliminate toxins. Your diet b easily digestible, on time. Avoid, jerks, dust smoke, alcohol, smoking, cold intake. Report, wkly, please.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 40 years old. I am having cervical problem due to which I am suffering from severe hand ache. Stiffness in my bones of hand and legs for more than 8 years. Please suggest me treatment. Thanks.

MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Physiotherapist, Indore
Start physiotherapy and strengthening of upper back and neck muscle. Thanks and regards Dr. Ritesh kharnal
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Most of time I feel pain in my lower part of feet. Some days continuously I feel pain in my right side of foot lower part in heel. That will be automatically cure and yet now feel left side of the lower part of toe. What is the cause. I have no deficiency of any vitamins.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi looks like you planter fascities -apply ice, -do stretching of calf muscles, -wear proper footwear -try using a frozen bottle of water and gently rolling it under the arch and heel. Start physiotherapy sessions. Best wishes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

The muscle between knee and ankle is stiff and a bit pain. It causes while running. What should I do?

Physiotherapist, Lucknow
It may be due to gastro soleus muscle sprain. Start physiotherapy like ultrasound thetapy, exercises followed by met. You will get wonderful result with in 2, 3 sittings. Use soft foot wear.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from back pain about four month how can I relived from this symptom. Please advice me on back pain.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)and Dip inYoga and Naturopathy
Ayurveda, Ludhiana
Tk mahanarayan tail apply thrice daily and do gentle massage. After dat do hot fomentation. Tk some muscle relaxant twice daily for 7days with a good antacid lay on a smooth bit hard surface. Above all get a good lumbo-sacral belt of tynor company and use it during day within 4 days you will b well again. All the best.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi I have just done with right knee ACL surgery. Can you help me out daily routine precautions Surgery done on 15 october 2016 When can I start to drive Can I go for alcohol drinks.

MBBS, Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho)
Orthopedist, Lucknow
Hi wear a knee brace for 8 weeks, avoid climbing. Do quadriceps drill after learning from a trained physiotherapist. Do not do any other exercise for six weeks. Use walking stick in opposite hand for 6 weeks to take weight off the operated knee consult your treating surgeon for further advise and precautions best wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 18 year old boy, when I throw ball my shoulder gives a pain like it's broken, and normally when I move my shoulders it's gives a sound. Its started 6months ago. Help me to come out of this. Thank you.

Fellowship in Shoulder and Knee Surgeries, DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Orthopedist, Nagpur
It's because of torn biceps tendon. Also called as slap lesion or superior labrum tear. You will need treatment from shoulder specialist. I don't know if you have any shoulder specialist in patna. Most probably you need surgery if you want to continue throwing and sporting activities.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I an in a problem in my neck. I feel like something in my neck. What should I do now.

General Physician,
You may be having sevical spondilitis pl get an x-ray done both ap and lateral and consult a orthopaedic surgeon.
1 person found this helpful

Hi I am 29, I am working as a sailor, I am getting back pain from some days, what 7 have to do.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Hyderabad
Take homoeopathic medicine Rhus tox 200 daily one dose ( 6 to 8 pills) in the morning and one dose in the evening for 6 days and give feedback
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had calcaneus fracture 2 months ago and 20 days ago my cast was put off. I am not able to walk properly and Swelling along with bruising is present. Please tell me what to do and how much time will it take for Complete recovery.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Almost 4-8 weeks in full recovery. Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation. Supported walking with walking aids.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(94 ratings)

Dr. Bharath Raj .R

MBBS, DNB - Orthopedics, Fellowship in Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
Ramakrishna Smart Hospitals, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(13 ratings)

Dr. Syed Imran

MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics, DNB (Orthopedics), Fellowship in Joint Replacement
Ortho Care, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Khalid Fiyaz

MBBS, Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), DNB (Orthopedics)
200 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. Ajay Rao

MBBS, DNB - Orthopedics, Fellowship in Upperlimb and Limb Reconstruction (Australia)
Rao's Ortho Clinic, 
at clinic
Book Appointment
(60 ratings)

Dr. Naveen Devarajaiah

Fellowship in Joint Replacement, Fellowship in Hand Surgery, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
N D R Medical Centre, 
250 at clinic
Book Appointment