Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S NayarYour feedback matters!
Fibroids are non-cancerous growth that develop in the uterus in varying sizes. Fibroids do not usually show symptoms, but if they are large they may cause severe pain in the abdomen, heavy menstrual bleeding, bloating, infertility or complications during pregnancy. Several factors may lead to the formation of fibroids, including hormones, family history, and pregnancy.
What is myomectomy?
Myomectomy is the surgical procedure which is used for removing fibroids from the uterus. It is a safe method that allows women to become pregnant in future. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue therapy, performed before myomectomy helps in lowering the estrogen level and also controls anemia by stopping uterine bleeding. The different surgical methods for myomectomy include:
- Hysteroscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument into the uterus
- Laparoscopy, involving the insertion of a lighted viewing instrument and one or more incisions in the abdomen
- Laparotomy, involving a larger incision made in the abdomen
Why is the surgery performed?
Myomectomy treats fibroids while preserving the uterus. It is a viable option for those who have:
- Anemia which cannot be controlled with medicines
- Pain which cannot be tackled with medicines
- A fibroid that can cause infertility or increases the risk of miscarriages
How well does it work?
- Pregnancy: myomectomy is the only treatment for treating fibroids that improve your chances of having a baby. The method is effective for treating submucosal fibroid. A cesarean section is required for delivery after performing a myomectomy.
- Recurrence: recurrence of fibroids after myomectomy is really low. It is possible in rare cases, depending on what the original fibroid problem was. Large and numerous fibroids have a greater risk of recurrence.
We got married 3 years ago. From last year we are trying for a baby. But we are unsuccessful. My wife age is 22 years her weight is 42 kg. Height is 5.2 feet. She also don't have her period at time. Period always get delay by 10 15 days. Some time it more days. Please advise.
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after 12 months of unprotected intercourse. For women aged 35 and older, inability to conceive after 6 months is generally considered infertility. Repeated pregnancy loss (2 or more spontaneous pregnancy losses) can also be considered infertility. Recent estimates indicate infertility affects 10-15 percent of the population in their childbearing years.
If you experience recurrent pregnancy loss, or if you have not been able to become pregnant within a year (six months if the woman’s age is over 35, 2-3 months if over 40), then you may benefit from assessment and treatment by a reproductive endocrinologist - a doctor with a special interest, training and expertise in the area of infertility. It’s a state that results in the abnormal functioning of the male or female reproductive system.
The causes for infertility could be:
Male factor - erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory dysfunction, problems with quality, count and quantity of semen
Female factor - tubal factor, ovulatory problems, abnormality of uterus, hormonal imbalance
The prime symptom is very obvious i.e. unable to have baby despite of having sex without any contraceptives.
Factors affecting fertility:
Age: Female fertility gradually declines in the 30s, particularly after age 35. Each month that she tries, a healthy, fertile 30-year-old woman has a 20% chance of getting pregnant.
Smoking: It increases risk of getting infertile and reduces the chances of treatment.
Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol is said to lower the sperm count in men.
Obesity: An overweight person has a higher chances of having sperm abnormality.
Workout: Less or very heavy work out is said to increase the chances of infertility.
Mental Stress: Studies suggests that ovulation and sperm production may be affected by mental stress. If at least one partner is stressed it is possible that the frequency of sexual intercourse is less, resulting in a lower chance of conception.
Sexually Transmitted Infections can also adversely affect the fertility of a person.
When to take further advice and course of action?
In case the women trying to conceive is less than 35 years of age, then 12 months and if more than 35 years, then in 6 months itself one needs to get in touch with the Specialist/Reproductive Endocrinologist/Gynaecologist or a Urologist for a complete diagnosis.
Many cases of apparent infertility are treatable. Infertility may have a single cause in one of the partners, or it could be the result of a combination of factors in both men and women.
There are many treatments available that improve the chances of having a baby. Such treatments include:
Drugs for fertility
Surgery in some cases
Also one the oldest form of medications such as Ayurveda as well as Homeopathy is said to have a wonderful treatment of Infertility. With the developments in medical sciences, there are lot of treatments available; however, such treatments sometimes become the victim of their own success causing multiple births – Two, Three or may be more.
Some Assisted Treatments are:
In Vitro Fertilization
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection
Donation of Sperm or Egg
Electric or Vibratory Stimulation to achieve ejaculation
Surgical Sperm Aspiration
It is important to understand the complete treatment before going ahead and be aware of the possible outcomes and be psychologically ready.
Please do not keep it to yourself and consult an expert. Never go for self medication!
I am chaithra 21 year old I had my periods on 23rd October, 13th November ,29th November and 15th December so I want to know the reason y its happening so? Kindly let me know the reason Thank you.
She has gone through plastic surgery near her vulva and hip region. She thinks she has single urogenital opening. Also her vagina is very hard on left side due to an accident and the surgery. Will she get her vagina normal if she will have a plastic surgery. And how much will it cost. She has multiple pelvic fracture also. Will she have a normal child birth or is there any danger for her. Please help sir/madam.
I used contraceptive pills too many time its just like hell I used that 10 to 14 time and now I suffer from stomachs in every morning till last year and I got period only one day in a month tell me what can I do.
When one should intercourse before or after ovlution time of a woman. How can we know when a women ovulates. Any symptoms. I am asking these becoz I cannot meet my wife regularly, twice or thrice in a month due to my service/job issue. I am a 35 years old male. Please advise.
I had unprotected sex with my husband after which I took an emergency contraceptive pill. But I am not able to swallow the pill at one time so I broke the pill in pieces and took it with some sweets to cover the scent. But now I am scared that the pill might not work. Is there anything to worry about?
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea Flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.