Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S NayarYour feedback matters!
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.
I experience burning sensation in my pelvic n its peripheral area near periods. My mc is very irregular n have pcos too. What could be the reason of this?
How to take tab femilon for preventing unwanted pregnancy if we have regular sex or please suggest any other medicine for the same purpose with its detection of use. Does these tablets have any side effect.
Hi, my periods where on 7th march, took ipill on 13th march and 24th march got withdrawal bleeding for 3days, now I am 8days late for my period. Took blood test negative I m really worried pls help me
Hi, I am not getting my periods since 4 months. I faced same issue one year back also then I consulted one gynae and she asked me to eat some tablet. I ate that and later for few months my periods were normal. Now again I am facing the same issue. I went through thyroid test ( normal), urine test ( normal), and few other tests also. Everything was normal so the doctor told because you have stress or some hormonal imbalances it may be possible. But I don't want to eat those tablets again. Can you guide me what can be the reason? My age is 23 and I am overweight(but I did not have this problem before last year). Thanks
My gf tested positive today. We do not know how, we used protection. It was about a month back that we had sex. We do not wish to have the child. We are still 23. What should be done? Safest and affordable ways is what we are looking for.
Copper t is very harmful And most side effect are occurs So tel me sir best contraceptive method in now a days.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the way your body deals with glucose in the blood and the glucose absorbed from the food you ingest. Diabetes is generally of two basic types - Type 1 and Type 2. Apart from these two types, there are other kinds as well including gestational diabetes that some women suffer from during their pregnancy. Type 2 Diabetes is a condition where the cells of the body do not make proper use of the insulin being produced by the pancreas.
Living with this kind of a condition may seem debilitating at first, but here are a few things you can do to make life easier despite Type 2 Diabetes.
- Weight: Being overweight is one the foremost side effects and sometimes, even cause of Type 2 Diabetes. To make your life easier, you can lose weight so that the complications involved are that much less. Diet and exercise are key for appropriate weight loss. Watch your diet so that you can eliminate high cholesterol as well. This can ensure that unnecessary amount of fat does not stick to your muscles and organs, which in turn will fuel better functioning of the same.
- Health Care Providers: Being fit with Type 2 Diabetes does not merely mean staying within your normal weight range. It also means taking care of your medication and insulin doses so that you can function in a more normal way. Make your family and friends your support system as you go about life so that people can help you and recognize symptoms when something goes wrong. Be in constant touch with your health care providers and the general physician you see so that they are in the loop and you know exactly what to do in case there is an emergency.
- Exercise: Being active is a great way to keep your blood sugar level low even as you ensure that you heart is in good condition. This will further eliminate the risk of heart disease, hypertension and high cholesterol. Sweating it out also helps the insulin work in a better manner within your body.
- Balance: While you may be asked to remove sugar from your diet, there is no need to stay away from proper meals. You can have a fiber rich diet that also has plenty of fruits and vegetables so that you get your due nutrition to maintain a fit body.
Watching your lifestyle is the main thing you need to do if you are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
Sir my wife pregnant. She was going through is 4 month. Is it safe to do sex with her and how much long time I can do sex with her.
When it comes to erectile dysfunction, it may feel like you're in a deep, dark hole with no way out. After all, even with a steady diet of ed drugs, it can feel like you'll never be able to shake your erectile woes off. But when it comes to treating ed, it pays to look after your body. By exercising, getting active, and eating well, you'll put your body back on track and save your sex life.
But while anyone can cut out fatty foods and sweets, what foods should a man incorporate into his diet to overcome erectile dysfunction? unfortunately, there isn't anyone 'miracle food' that will put a pep in a man's step and return his erection to its former glory. But there are plenty of foods that have been found to facilitate a healthy erection. By investing in these foods, and eating them regularly, you'll be giving your body a fighting chance to overcome your erectile problems.
If you're looking for foods to help you beat ed, keep your eyes peeled for these tasty treats the next time you're at the grocery store:
Dark chocolate (really! dark chocolate has flavonoids that help to improve blood circulation. But enjoy it in moderation.)
Leafy greens and beets (these veggies are chock full of nitrates, which help the body to open up blood vessels and improve blood flow.)
Watermelon (filled with phytonutrients, which relax the blood vessels.)
Tomatoes (this fruit is filled with lycopene, which is good for opening up the blood vessels and improving blood flow.)
You'll notice all these foods focus on improving blood flow, which is a surefire way to get blood quicker to the penis, ensuring that the body has an easier time achieving an erection.
A combination lifestyle changes and homeopathic treatment can be a great relief to a person suffering from sexual problems. Moreover, a thorough homeopathic treatment can remove the tendency and thereby prevent its recurrence.
I am a 45 year old lady with one child. I am getting irregular periods. Firs three days I experience too much bleeding with blood clots. The period continues for 7 days + Sometimes, the gap between two menestrual periods is only 15 dys. Irregular cycle. Pl. advise...
I am 23 years old female from last year I am having uti first I was diagnosed with klebsiella dn with e.coli dn this years now with staphylococcus epidermidis. After the doctors checkup I am feeling discomfort and burning sensation in vulva urethra and vagina and lil pain while urinating level like something is stuck in there. I have had oral sex with my bf 1 years back 5 times only saliva applied on clitoris. My vulva seems dry and little uncomfortable to walk or sit. What could it be? Please help me.
I am 27 years old unmarried girl. My weight is 45 kg. My period lasts only one day every month. What is the reason ?
I'm 21 and I weigh 76 kgs and I PCOS. Taking garcinia dietary dietary supplement. So does garcinia affect my pcos? And I am taking homeopathic treatment for pcos.Please tell sir .
Medical Abortion -non-surgical abortion in which medicines are used to induce abortion
Surgical Abortion - Use of transcervical procedures for terminating pregnancy, including vacuum aspiration, and dilatation and evacuation (D&E).
Surgical or Medical Abortion for Unwanted Pregnancy
If pregnancy is <= 7 weeks; medical Method with Mifepristone with misoprostol is favorable as success rate is as high as 97%.
If pregnancy is between 7-12 weeks; surgical abortion is the only option.
If pregnancy is beyond 12 weeks – 20 weeks, then woman needs to be hopsitalized and will be given either Mifepristone followed by Misoprostol tablet or only misoprostol tablets and woman will then abort like a miscarriage in the Hospital. If any products are remaining then it will be evacuated surgically.
Surgical abortion is preferred if patient desires concurrent tubal ligation or IUCD (CuT) insertion.
If a woman fulfills the criteria for selecting either method i.e. Before 7 weeks), final choice to be given to the woman.
Summary of Choice between Surgical or Medical abortion in India
<= 7 weeks – Medical method or Surgical method
7-12 weeks – Surgical abortion
12 – 20 weeks – Medicines with or without surgical procedure in Hospital.
Advantages of Medical Abortion
Avoids surgery. Controlled by the woman and may take place at home. No need for admission to the Hospital. Usually well tolerated by women if properly counselled and motivated. No need to take leave from work, as bleeding can be manged with menstrual pads even while in office or at work.
Disadvantages of Medical abortion
Takes time (hours to days) to complete abortion, and the timing may not be predictable. Women experience bleeding and cramping, and potentially some other side-effects (nausea, vomiting, fever, and shivering). May require more clinic visits than surgical abortion.
Advantages of Surgical Abortion
Quick procedure. Complete abortion easily verified by evaluation of aspirated products of conception. Takes place in a Hospital so Sterilization or placement of an intrauterine device (IUD) may be performed at the same time as the procedure. It can be performed under local anaesthesia if woman is properly motivated and counselled.
Disadvantages of Surgical abortion
Requires instrumentation of the uterus. Small risk of uterine or cervical injury. Timing of abortion controlled by the Doctor and Hospital. Anaesthesia wneeds to be administered. Most doctors perform this procedure under short general anaesthesia. Woman needs to be in the Hospital for at least 6 hours. Effect of sedation will be there throuout the day.