Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I HAVE ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES; NOREPLYHOMEO MEDICINE REQUIRED FOR INSOMNIA TOSLEEP SOUNDLY FOR 6-8 HOURScmkr27@yahoo. Com.
Having knee pain since 2 weeks. Cannot bend knee while walking. Ankle swelling is also there. Tried having cartigen and rumalaya. Having this problem since 15 years but last 2 weeks is really painful. He cannot walk properly. Please suggest something. Thanks in advance.
Sir/mam I am having pain at knee when I used to sit for long time. Any where. I asked doctor. And he told for mri. Should I go 4 it.
I am 31 years old defence person. 2013 me football khelte huve mere left knee pr chot lagi thi x ray MRI karane pr pat a chala ki internal legament injury h. Bahut doctors se consult kiya lekin kisi ne iska sahi treatment nahi bataya or kaha ki operation kr skte h lekin uski bhi koi surity ni h ki thek ho jaye ho skta h or kharab ho jaye. To mene operation ni karwaya. Abi bhi muje physical exercise krne me prblm hoti h or jump to me kr hi nahi skta thodi bahut halki running kr leta hu. Me bahut pareshaan hu kyuki defence me physically fit rhna bahut jaruri h. Is injury ki wajah se meri promotion me bhi problems aa rahi h kyunki me physical test qualify nahi kr PA raha hu. Agr injury ka wakai koi treatment h to pls muje bataye me kya karu.
My wife often complains pain in her elbows and knee joints. I had her ASO test done and the result was 1050 IU/ml. She is 28. Her parents and one of her sibling have history of joint pain, rheumatism. My wife has not taken any kind of medication or therapy regarding this in her life. Please help.
I am 67 years old ant weight is 96 Kgs and have knee pain in both legs. When I stand for longer time then I feel heaviness in both knee joints. Uric acid is normal. Kindly advice medicine.
Sir I have to knee problems for both legs. When I sit or stand up then arise a voice and some pain too. So please solve the problem.
I am 18 years old and have serious sleep issues during exams. I guess the insomnia is due to the stress and tension. What should I do?
My mom is around 60 years. She is having rheumotoid artheritis problem for the last one year. Wat will be the remedy.Please suggest
I am a 46 year old male diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have been very active and used to play badminton and gym regularly before it all was stopped as I was misdiagnosed with cervical spondylosis. I have been advised to restart gymming and weight training exercises. What all exercises should I avoid and will losing weight help in fibromyalgia. What diets should I avoid?
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.