Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S.n. SharmaYour feedback matters!
If a coronary artery, say, RCA has a diffused blockage i.e.100% blockage through out the RCA ; bypass surgery is possible (beneficial) for that RCA or not ?
I am a 39 years old diabetic patient since last 9 years and now my high pressure is 150/90 and also I am taking medicine tazloc- 20 last 3 months. So tell me what I do to control my high pressure ?
I am 38 years old, I married last year, I think I may have low sperm count problem, I am feeling tied after doing any physical work , feeling memory loss some times, Eye problem are accrued, gastric problems are there, what to do ? Kindly give me best remedies for the above purpose.
My hemoglobin is low as tested recently. What should my food to I crease my hemoglobin. And how to maintain it?
I have left the alcohol from past 9 months but I have pain in my back is it due to lack of calcium and vitamin d in my body. What should I do know.
I have less Vitamin B1 so what may be possible disease and what is the source to complete it's please help me.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Sometimes, you are just doing your work with a whole lot of concentration and suddenly as soon as the clock strikes 3 p.m. you get the munchies. The sudden, strong desires for food are called cravings and they strike you when you least expect it!
The reason for this might be a neurotransmitter named as serotonin, which regulates your emotions, mood, sleep and, obviously, your appetite. Serotonin becomes slightly inactive by midday, which makes you crave salty and sweet snacks.
Here are some ways to curb your cravings:
- Don't skip breakfast, or lunch. Choose foods that take a long time to digest, so you can stay full for a longer duration. Whole grain bread and vegetables are good options.
- Don't go grocery shopping during this hour because you will end up buying junk food.
- Don't watch television as junk food advertisements will lead to cravings, as the images shown to promote these products, induces the desire, which eventually will lead to obesity.
- If you can feel your cravings still, choose to do something else, such as go for a walk or get yourself really busy with something till the urge subsides.
But if all else fails, then you have no option, but to give in and it is okay to give in sometimes. However, you should do it right and not reach for the nearest package of processed food! Instead, substitute the candy bar, or potato chips with the following options:
- Vegetable soup
- One slice of wholegrain bread with unsweetened jam/peanut butter
- Dried or fresh fruits
- Sweetened/unsweetened high fibre cereal with low fat milk
- Low-fat granola bars
- Smoothies made from fresh fruit and skim milk
- Low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruits
- Unsalted, unbuttered popcorn
- Hot chocolate with skimmed milk made from low-fat cocoa powder
Basically, your body craves for carbs during the afternoon. And the trick is to choose complex carbs (carbohydrates that digest slowly) over simple carbs (carbohydrates that are easier to digest). From the list above, you can see that mostly complex carbs have been mentioned. In fact, eating complex carbs will trigger your serotonin levels which will provide you energy, return your focus and make you happier! So it is okay to snack, just don't open that packet of chips and remember to eat the right things. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 56 year old male. I am diabetic NID since last 15 years. Can exercise like swimming benefit me in control of the diabetes?
Knowing This Can Help You Prevent Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.