Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. S.n. RoyYour feedback matters!
I am skinny from birth. I do not no the cause if I could get some reason for it. It might help me a lot. I have consult doctors but not received a positive impact on myself.
Hives is also known as Urticaria, which is a sudden outbreak of swollen, red bumps on the skin. These occur due to an allergic reaction to an allergen or some unknown reasons. These bumps are usually accompanied by a few common symptoms like redness, burning sensation, itchiness, inflammation and swelling. They can be of varied shapes and most often the larger ones are very painful. Your skin gets badly affected by hives and the itchiness is quite irritating.
Few facts about hives:
- Prominent symptoms: Hives occur due to allergic reactions and some of the most highlighting symptoms are trouble in breathing, swelling, stomach cramps, dizziness and other related ones. People facing these kinds of symptoms are mainly kept in an emergency room so that proper care can be taken.
- Lasting period of hives: In general, the symptoms of hives fade away within a few hours and just few scratches are left behind. Though in some cases hives return either for few weeks or days. Some people experience the symptoms after specific intervals and thus you got to have proper medical care.
- Causes of hives: Some of the commonest causes of hives are medicines, excessive exercises, serious or rare diseases, cold, heat or pressure, insect bites or stings, different kinds of allergies especially food allergies, bladder or other infections and others. Sometimes, hives might occur all of a sudden without any specific reason.
- Who gets hives: Both adults and kids of different ages can have hives at any time. Thus, you should be aware fully of the same in order to prevent this kind of skin disease. Though the symptoms last maximum for six months but still the sufferings are unbearable at times.
- Diagnosis of hives: Hives can now be easily detected by doctors just by looking at the available symptoms and thus no special kind of diagnosis is required. Physical examination is conducted and the doctor often asks a few questions from the patients. If the symptoms continue for a long time then in that case blood tests are also recommended by the doctor. The doctor might recommend any other medical test in this regard in accordance with the patient's condition.
- Treating hives: The doctors often prescribe antihistamines to the patients who suffer from hives. The sources causing hives are asked to be avoided so that the chances of getting attacked by this kind of skin trouble can be reduced. Doctors keep the patients under supervision and then accordingly prescribe medicines for a speedy recovery.
Suffering from thyroid and I have put on weight but I have to reduce my weight with proper diet, kindly provide me food chart and workouts.
I have hairs below my eyes. Should I opt for laser? What could be it's side effects? Can it permanently remove hairs. Any advices.
Hello sir, My quarries is about my height. Presently my height is 5.2 feet but I wants at least 5.5feet. So for this purpose what should I have to do? please help me by giving your effective and valuable suggestion. Thank you.
I gave birth to baby a week back and it was normal delivery and had episiotomy. I am suffering from constipation and doctor advised me to take duphalac syrup 30 ml bed time. I am passing stools but not getting everyday. Is it due to digestion problem or constipation? I am taking very good diet. I didn't have this problem at all through out my pregnancy. Kindly suggest on how to regularize my bowel movements apart from good diet and medicines required if any.
I am having dark circles and due to sun my skin colour got dark so suggest something homemade nuskha how to get rid from this problem.
I am losing hairs in form of circles. P lease guide. I also feel etching at my head. Please tell me proper remedy.
I had an severe road accident on 27th February 2016. After the accident I was admitted in the hospital for 8 days. My all wounds were sutured by surgeon. At that time I was not being able to speak at all. My voice was not clear at all. Doctors said I have swelling in my throat as I had deep cut on my neck. Now it's been more than two month and my voice is still not sound proper. I can't speak loud. I can't talk too much. I can't talk on public place as my voice is so soft. Doctors what do I do.
My grandmother who is 77 years old was recently diagnosed with low BP (69/98). She hasn't really had any major problems in the past besides Hernia. What can she do to overcome the low BP and keep herself healthy at this age?
The menopause can take three very different routes for women. There are those who sail through it with very few symptoms or problems and don't even notice that their ovaries have stopped producing the hormone. Then there are those for whom it is a matter of a few hot flushes and a couple of night sweats, doesn't last long and not really a bother. This usually marks a relief from the periods. But for some it is abject misery accompanied with crippling fatigue, absolute exhaustion, hot flushes, vaginal drying, mood swings along with low desire or lack of sexual feelings. These symptoms might persist for more than 7 years.
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is considered to be an effective treatment for menopausal symptoms. The other problems linked with menopause can also be influenced by HRT in a positive manner.
HRT is indicated in:
- Treatment of symptoms of menopause and the risk benefit ratio is apt for the women and they have been informed about the same
- For women who are around 51 years and are reaching menopause even though they are asymptomatic
- In women who are at the risk of osteoporotic fractures and are under 60 years and the non-estrogen treatments cannot be given
- HRT is not recommended in women who are above 60 years
Benefits of HRT:
The benefits of HRT usually are more than the risk if done in a woman who is under 60 years of age.
- Improvement in quality of life by relieving muscle pains and improving sleep
- The mood swings are controlled and low moods are usually alleviated by HRT. Low moods usually arise due to menopause.
- It reduces the vasomotor symptoms, usually within four months of the treatment with maximum benefit in three months
- HRT improves the urogenital symptoms by lowering the vaginal dryness, vaginal atrophy, urinary frequency and symptoms.
- HRT reduces the risk of osteoporosis. HRT is believed to preserve the bone mass density of the skeletal sites thus reducing the chances of vertebral and nonvertebral fractures.
- HRT also reduces the risk of colorectal cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Risks of HRT:
The main risks of HRT are stroke, endometrial and breast cancer, thromboembolic disease, pulmonary embolism and gallbladder disease. Though other risks are:
- It increases the risk of ischemic stroke
- There is a small risk associated with breast cancer and the risk increases more, if the woman is underweight or overweight, alcohol user, smoker and stops HRT suddenly
- Estrogen only HRTs can increase the risk of endometrial cancer. If cyclical progestogen is used for 10 days for 28 cycles then the risk is eliminated.
Am 18 years old I have pimples and spots on my face. My complexion is also very dark please suggest me some medicine.
I am 20 years old. I have got white hairs since 3 years. So I have to color my hairs. My father got white hairs since he was 18 years old. Can I get my black hair back? and if yes than how? should I continue coloring my hairs?
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.