Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.Muthu
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. S.MuthuYour feedback matters!
Very pleasant, made me understand what exactly my problem was and gave me appropriate solution. He easily understood my problem.
Had a good respect and was treated well. There was no waiting time, absolutely on time. Thanks to Dr. Muthu.S
We were very happy by the way he treated. Good service provided. Keep going.
I am suffering frm back bone disk problem. I consulted many doctors frm last 15 months. Please any body giv me gud suggestions to over come frm ths completely.
I am Severe pain in both feet. Pin p ricking Needle p ricking type pain since one year. Pain killers having very little effect. I am obese diabetic & a smoker. I am Controlling both things. Whether it is Diabetic Neuropathy or peripheral vascular disease. What is the urgent solution to kill this pain. What is sympathetic surgery in pain clinic. Please explain in detail.
I have been diagnosed with Spondylitis in the top of the neck its not the tightness or the pain its the way its affecting my balance! I also have a inner ear problem so not sure what is causing the vertigo or could it be a bit of both can anyone out there help before I go crazy thanks!
I am 32 years old and my profession is to drive a cab and I always face a problem of having severe pain in my right hand and right leg continuously. Sometimes after applying ointments it's get reduced but soon within a couple of days I get again and again.
I am a sugar patient last one year but sugar is normal. I am suffering from last 10 years foot burns. Please advise good medicine
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.