Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S Murali
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Brain & Nerve Disorders
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Submit a review for Dr. S MuraliYour feedback matters!
I feel like my left brain isn't working. My consciousness is also low. I have problem thinking continuously.
Brain tumours vary in shape and size and the same is the case with their symptoms. The location of the tumour affects the symptoms greatly. Just like in any other type of a malignant tumour, brain tumour has a rapid growth and proliferation of abnormal cells that may have its origin in affected site or areas adjacent to it. As per studies, every 2 in 1,00,000 people are said to be affected by brain tumour in India. However, it may come as a relief to some as not all brain tumors are cancerous or life threatening. Some are benign tumors and seldom pose any threat to the affected individual.
Types of Brain Tumor
Brain tumors may be primary or secondary.
- Primary brain tumor: Here the abnormal mass of cells that originated in the brain do not metastasize to the other organs. Based on their location in the brain, the primary brain tumors may be of the following types.
- Gliomas: One of the most common types of primary brain tumors, gliomas can have their origin in the spinal cord or the brain. Some of the common types of gliomas include Astrocytomas (originates in the cerebrum of the brain), Glioblastomas (these tumors form from the Astrocytes which form the supportive tissues of the brain), Ependymoma (these develop from the ependymal cells which are present within the CNS), Oligodendrogliomas (these tumors are found to arise from the oligodendrocytes).
- Schwannomas: Also called as Acoustic neuromas, these primary brain tumors form on the nerves that play an important role in regulating the balance and hearing from the inner ear to the brain.
- Meningiomas: These type of tumors are usually benign and have their origin in the meninges (membranes surrounding the spinal cord and the brain).
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs): Primitive neuroectodermal tumors (PNETs) are rare malignant tumors that originate from the fetal (embryonic) cells in the brain.
- Pituitary adenomas: As the name suggests, these tumors arise from the pituitary gland located at the base of the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Common among the children, these malignant primary tumors develop in the brain (lower back) and gradually spread via the spinal fluid.
- Other types of primary brain tumors include Craniopharyngiomas and the Germ cell tumors.
- Secondary brain tumors: Unlike the primary brain tumors, these tumors have their origin in the other body parts and organs (mostly in the lungs, skin, colon, breast, and kidney) and then gradually metastasize to the brain. The secondary brain tumors are found to be more common.
Symptoms or warning signs associated with brain tumors:
Some of the signs and symptoms that may be indicative of a brain tumor include
- People with brain tumors often get seizures (due to the irritation caused by the tumors in the brain).
- A headache (mild to severe depending on the part of the brain affected by the tumor).
- A person experiences numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs and arms.
- There may be difficulties in walking or balancing.
- A person finds it difficult to concentrate.
- There may be some problems with hearing, speech or even vision.
- A person may experience weakness restricted to only one part of the body.
The symptoms may not necessarily indicate a brain tumor but it is always wise not to neglect the symptoms either. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
I have parkinson and i am unable to bear load on my legs what is the remedy? I also have a corn and any weight on it causes terrible pain. What to do?
Migraine is a kind of a headache. It is a derivative of the word ‘hemicranias’, meaning side headaches. However, it is not just sided headaches. It can be present in the entire head. It is characterised by a throbbing and pulsating pain.
Symptoms of Migraine Headaches-
The pain in this disease may last for hours or even days. The nature of the pain is episodic. It occurs every once in awhile. Its frequency varies from patient to patient. There may be longer gaps between the occurrences of two episodic pains. While some patient might get relief by taking a simple nap or sleep for hours, others may have a tougher time to tackle. Most patients cannot bear light during the pain and prefer staying in darker places. The pain is preceded by certain symptoms, including flashes of light, temporary blindness or tingling sensation in the limbs. These symptoms are experienced by few, while others might not have these symptoms at all.
What Causes Migraine?
The exact cause of migraine is still unknown. There are however some factors that may trigger the headaches. The most important of all these factors is stress. Any form of mental stress can initiate a headache in all patients of this disease. Other factors include exposure to sun rays, improper sleep and staying hungry than usual. Loud noise is also responsible in some cases.
Homoeopathy For Migraine Headaches-
One must understand the difference between relief and cure from migraine headaches. There are patients who take pills to get relief from the pain. These are simple painkillers. They might have been doing this for years. But these pills provide temporary relief from the pain. There are a number of home-based remedies that people take up to get relief from the pain. Patients adjust with the pain and learn to live with it. It is difficult for them to believe that their life can ever get rid of this pain permanently. However, it is possible in homeopathy.
Homeopathic treatment not only provides relief but it works to cure the disease permanently. Homeopathy doesn’t support the use of painkillers or in short cut ways of treatment. It goes deeper to find out the root cause and eradicate the tendency in a permanent basis. The homeopathic medicines take time in showing results but work best in the long run.
There are a number of homeopathic medicines to cure the disease. But here are some of the most effective ones:
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!