Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S M SureshwaraiahYour feedback matters!
Sir, my friend is suffering from cough since last week. He is also having fever and backache. From yesterday he is in bed with frequent vomitting. Also he has some chest pain. Please give some effective medicine. Also he had left proper meal from last 15 days. And he has eye irritation. And also some throat ache.
Respected sir this is Govind my father M G Roddannavar he is heart patient 62 year old. He is suffering from gastric, weakness, and little bit breath problem. Please help me is this symptoms of heart attack. Give me suggestions urgent.
My LDL levels are 165. Im 88 kg a teacher by profession. Busy n feel tired at the end of the day. No energy left for any work out. How do I lower d LDL levels please help.
I am shaking sometimes. And my heartbeat become faster. Then I can't understand that what I do. So please can you help me.
Is gerd curable maybe I injured my osphageous while inhaling a tablet it caused pain near my mid chest left side bone twice but it was 3 months ago while I was not facing chest burn but after one month I M getting continues chest burn n pain like feeling I don't feel nauseous only my chest burns is it gerd or something related to my osphageous n is it curable with meds.
I have pain in my chest? In left side. Sometime its get more harder. And cough like material running out. With liquid.
I want to know for my father that how can we control BP when its high. What type of food they eat to control and what are things to avoid?
Hi, I am suffering from high blood pressure and I am on medication. But still the pressure is not under control. I take eslo 5.0 in evening.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.