Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.m ManjunathYour feedback matters!
I have burning sensation in chest and after latrine I feel burning sensation also. Anything I eat not digest properly or it takes more time to digest. If I drink cold water it relief me little bit. Pls, suggest me.
I am 52 yrs old. I have bp. I have been diagnosed gallstones and suggested to remove gallbladder. Stones are 9 to 13 mm. Pls. Give suggestion.
Hi, I am suffering with stomach bloating. Working on night shift. Sleeps only 5 hours a day. Is this my symptoms.
I am suffering from chronic gastritis since 2 month. Now I am continue my medicines. Doctor told me to continue the medicines about 1 year to completely cure. But now I feel better only when medicines serve. Any problem to continue the medicines 1 year?
She diagnosed stone in gallbladder 2 years ago. Doctor advised operation. But operation was not done. Now she is pregnant of 2 months. Pl advice will anaesthesia harm the child in womb during operation? Can operation be done during pregnancy in this stage.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
I take green tea two times daily. Having problems with my digestive system. Can't add milk as it is allergic to me. Please suggest what to do? My wife also take it with me. As she is pregnant is there any adverse effects to her health.
Hello I am 19 years old and I am suffering from stomach problem means digestive system is very poor nothing can be digested properly so help me to resolve this problem.
Sir, I have a bowl problem and it causes very uneasiness particularly in the morning time. My potty is generally softy and liquids. 15-20 minutes after doing potty in the morning, I always get a twist in mu lower abdomen and it forces me to go to lavatory again and now the potty is semi liquids. It generally happens in the morning time. It causes trouble and fatigue in my life. This has been continuing for more than 8-9 years. I consulted with two Gastrologist. They did endoscopy and colonoscopy. In their report there was nothing serious in my abdomen. They also prescribed some medicine which I continued more than two years but it was of no avail. Still I face the same problem during morning. So please let me know how I can get rid of this irregular potty tendency during morning time.
I have facing heart burn problem from 1-2 yrs back. After taking food when I drink water after some time it has came out with small part of foods. It is happening some times 2 or 3 times in a day. The water is feeling acid taste. When I take pantroprazole in empty stomach I feel good for the day. But same problem persist again. What should I do?
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.