Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.m ManjunathYour feedback matters!
What are the advantages of water with food? And disadvantages ?i am suffering with gastric from past 10 years, and constipation also. Provide me healing technique without medicine.
Last year I got an attack of pancreatitis, after that I get fully recovered but some times I got ache in my Left abdomen, in USG report everything was well, what's cause of this pain. How I get treat it, suggests me.
I am female 28 years recently undergone ballooning procedure for intestinal obstruction now I'm taking pantocid dsr empty stomach how long I can take it safely thanks.
I can not able to eat oil food I get vomit if I eat it other wise I feel burning sensation in chest, why?
After toilet my anus burns. Excess gas passing problem. Reflux problem. 5 times need to go toilet. Nature of stool not good. Jiva doctors please excuse.
I have acidity problems and migraine too. I get headache very fast. I started drinking aloevera gel mixed with little water. Will it help me in acidity?
I have gastric problem, since 5 years, after meals I feel very heavy stomach ,I have acidity also, I have been advised to stop all milk products Advice me.
Sir there is problem in Mom's stomach, what she eat it not get digest. She feels like what she eat is still kept in her stomach. This problem happened from 5-6 days. No pain. Only burn and sour test. Why this happened?
I am suffering from my stomach problems. In my stomach not feeling well because of colitis. Please give me rights path.
I have been suffered with fissures for a week. What medicine Is useful to reduce the fissures. Please give the reply.
So I have the deepest bellybutton my entire middle finger fits in my bellybutton and every time go to my doctor she brings a nurse to specifically check my bellybutton or my gyn check up she put a gas mask on me and told me that my bellybutton was to steep so what should I do what are the pros and cons.
My bowel movements are to hard and gut is not coming out with out lactative my water and fiber intake is ok please help me what may be reason.
Hello sir, I am 28 years old, my profession is bank employee, lot of time I was sitting in the chair, actually my problem is gas trouble started for last six months, I didn't take the any junk for or out side of food, and every day I was take the meals correct time. But this trouble problem is too embarrassing me please sir could tell any medication. Thank you.
We have a problem with my digestive system when we eat the food just after we have to go for fresh also body is too much fatty please suggest how to improve it.
This is a disease that affects the large intestine and the rectum. The Ulcerative Colitis refers to the inflammation in the innermost lining of the large intestine. The main function of the large intestine is to absorb water from indigestible food matter in the body before throwing away any waste. Hence, the large intestine is a vital part of our body. If left untreated, the disease increases risk of colon cancer.
- Diarrhea with blood or pus: A person suffering from Ulcerative Colitis is likely to suffer from loose stools accompanied with blood or pus.
- Stomach pain and Cramping: In many cases, patients complain of severe stomach pain and cramping.
- Rectal pain: At times, many patients feel pain while sitting or even after a bowel movement.
- Bleeding from the rectum: Bleeding can be observed while passing stools.
The other complications leading to this disease are kidney stones, swelling of the colon, thickening of intestinal walls and blood infection.
This disease can be diagnosed by several methods. A simple stool test may be done to check out for bacteria and parasites. A blood test to check the level of C-reactive protein helps determine the inflation rate of the body. Endoscopy, colonoscopy, biopsy are some other methods of diagnosis.
- Oral medication: Treatment involves drug therapy or surgery. The first step in treating Ulcerative Colitis will be an intake of anti-inflammatory drugs, but these may have a side effect. Another option is immune system suppressors, which help to bring down the inflammation by suppressing the immune system response. Antibiotics, anti-diarrheal medications, pain relievers are some of the additional drug supplements recommended by doctors.
- Surgery: Surgery plays an important role because this disease is pre-malignant in nature. Depending on the severity of the condition, the medical practitioner may advice surgery. The common methods of surgery are:
- Proctocolectomy and Ileostomy: Proctocolectomy involves removal of the colon in part or whole. Ileostomy is carried out by placing a special bag in the small intestine to collect waste from the body.
- Proctocolectomy and Ileo-anal: Ileo-anal pouch is a bag directly created the small intestine and connected to the anus, for diffusing the stools. As colon is removed Ulcerative Colitis cannot re-occur.
Precautions after surgery
It is very important that the patient takes healthy, sufficient and nutritious food so that bowel movement can be carried out with ease and zero strain. The patient has to restrict lifting of heavy grocery, mowing the lawn, any physical activity that can strain the abdomen and related areas.