Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
I have many black spots on my face. In my childhood I suffered from chicken poks. That's y I have spots. How can I clean these spots.
Hai, I am 34 years old, married, woman. My problem is that my husband has bad breath. Though he never smoke nor drinks. When ever he comes close to me my moods gets off due to the odd smell from his mouth. I talked to him about this, but he never convince rather he says I don't love him if I love him then it shouldn't bother me, he doesn't do anything to cure his problem. Our sex life is getting affected. What should I do?
I'm charan, I'm suffering from asthma from my childhood. Which type of diet should I mention and what precautions should I take. Please suggest me.
I have a good diet but still I'm skin. I have checked my thyroid is negative. Still how come I dont put on weight. I am 30 yrs old & my height is 5.11 & my weight is 57 only.
I have a red rashes in my both legs, I have been consulted with many doctors, But result remain same.
Hi My sister is 19. For approximately the last one year, she is having intermittent illness. Sometimes its severe stomach ache, sometimes fever, sometimes just weakness. She has pcos. However, its not that she is not well 24*7. Its just that once in every 3-4 weeks, something or the other troubles her. She is not being able to concentrate on her studies due to intermittent illness. When she consults the doctors, they give her certain tests, and reports suggest everything is fine, everytime. Please suggest what should she do, and should we be worried?
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
These physical symptoms can include trembling, twitching of the muscles, soreness, body pain, insomnia, indigestion and fatigue.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.