Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. S K ShenoyYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have very irregular periods. I comes 2-3 weeks late than expected date. My Gynac told me that my uterus opening is very very small. And I need to undergo small surgery. What is this surgery exactly. Can this problem be solved with this surgery?
My wifes after 1 year pregnancy her breast and vagina I feel loose thats y I am not enjoying my sex life that much any medicine for this?
I missed the first pill of 21 days contraception but took 2 on second day. Will I need emergency contraception if I have unprotected sex in next 6 days?
I am 21 years old girl. I have A cyst in my right breast and I consulted a doctor when I was felt the pain .that was 2 years back .and the scanning report is that:-shows mild fibroadenosis more on right side .there is a small cyst 1.1*0.6 cm at 1 0' clock position of right mammary gland. No abnormal calcification. But now I feel that the cyst is multiplying. I felt that another one is coming on that same breast. Is that any serious one?
After unprotected sex after period on 15.10.2016 and test is negative and next period date is 11.11.2016 but not come period and test is again negative. What are medicine take for normal period.
My period was delayed by 15 days, and now on the 15th day I got my period but it lasted only for two days, was little in quantity and was brown in colour. I'm not pregnant I had three tests taken, all are negative. Is that brown blood my period or something else?
I missed my periods from last 3months I had an ultrasound nd I am not pregnant I jst can not understand wat is d prblm.
Is taking cinnamon powder with honey and milk is beneficial or harmful for pregnant women or lady who is about to conceive.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.