Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. S.K SharmaYour feedback matters!
Can an extremely skinny girl have pcos? As I m vry skinny and no symptoms of pcos but my ultrasound reports are showing it. I am 21 and my weight is 43k kgs.
My purpose is to. Today;
Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn, pass all your tests, problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lesson you learn will last a life time.
At the end of day lie in your bed and ask yourself "how was your day?"
Does daily sex effect the health of women and can one have sex during menses? Lastly how to increase breast size in women.
Even minor degree of thyroid impairment in pregnancy can lead to lower IQ in offspring. Hence hypothyroidism should be adequately treated.
I got married 2 months later. My husband is nice person. Still now we do not celebrate the first night. Because I am scared about first night? Actually what is going on first night? If you do not mind explain me briefly.
My sis is pregnant. 6-7 months. She is having swollen legs during evening n night time. And also having cough from long time. please help us n tell us d reasons for this?
Hi I just had four tablets of siphene100 and one is still left. But due to some reasons we have to postpone our plans to have a baby and I would like to go back to my contraceptive pills. Can I start my pills right away and how long will it take for them to be effective?
My wife ultra sound report said Opinion right sided mixed adenenexal mass? Twisted ovarian cyst. Please tell me what should we do?
If there is severe pain/cramps during menstruation (dysmennorhea). If the flow is less or if the cycles do not last for more than two days (hypomennorhea). Advise the medicine or solution. My age is 22 yrs and am unmarried female.
Breast cancer, most common cancer type in women. For this reason, and because the breast often long shows no symptoms and therefore often go undetected for a long time, many women have great fear of getting this condition.
The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, although the risk is not for all women is the same.
There are rather few known risk factors that increase the probability of developing a breast cancer.
1. This cancer type mostly arises from malignantly altered cells of the mammary gland or milk ducts. These cancer cells have the property that they can grow and multiply uncontrollably into vessels.
This allows in growth of blood vessels in the breast cancer throughout the body to disperse cancer cells, which then become the starting point of offshoot, known as metastases.
2. Other risk factors are smoking, especially in youth, and increased alcohol consumption. Rarely, benign breast tumors can develop into cancer.
3. Also some cases of breast cancer in women are due to such a familial risk. Especially if the mother or sister, so close blood relatives, is already ill at a young age, this may be an indication of such a gene mutation.
1. Cancer tumor generally grows very slowly, it can take years in some cases up to 20 years take until it is palpable.
2. Only when the breast cancer develops at a specific location, it can already cause early symptoms. Formed, for example, in an adult stage, this can lead to fluid discharge from the nipple.
3. There is also breast cancer tumors that spread in the skin of the nipple. This so called Paget’s disease leads to redness and flaking of the nipple, which can easily be confused with eczema of the nipple.
4. At a more advanced stage of the disease when the tumor has already become significantly larger, other characters may be added.
The tumor can then cause a swelling and redness of the surrounding tissue. In addition, it can also lead to confiscation of the nipple or skin area, which is located directly above the tumor.
5. At the present time, in the very consistent examinations are performed, a breast cancer stops are usually discovered at a relatively early stage, so that such ulceration is rarely seen.
Treatment or therapy
The treatment is customized for each patient. Depending on the stage of different surgical procedures, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and radiation are combined.
1. Over half of the women, it is possible to perform a breast conserving surgery called so. In this case not the whole affected breast, but the tumor is removed at a sufficient safety distance.
In addition to the lymph nodes in the armpit removed now, as they could possibly be already infected tumor cells.
By this operation, expansion however, there may in certain cases to impaired drainage of tissue fluid manifested by a painful swelling of the arm on the same side.
2. Another way of adjuvant therapy is chemotherapy. Here, the woman concerned will be administered substances that damage the tumor cells so much that they die. These drugs, the so called cytotoxic drugs may be administered in a plurality of cycles, so that today usually 6 treatment cycles to be carried out at an interval of 3 weeks.
The optimal breast cancer treatment for each woman is compiled from all of these treatment options, what the prognosis of women suffering from cancer has improved significantly in recent years.
Yesterday I lost my virginity with my girlfriend. It was a protected sex. Is there any chance to get pregnant my girlfriend. If there is a chance what I have to do?
Agar women pragnant ho to basically kitne dino ke baad pata chalta ke wo pregnant hai. Kya 15 se 20 dino me pata chal jata hai? Vomiting shuru ho jati hai?
My friend is 26 year old. And she is suffering with a problem. She is feeling a jelly in her vagina. It is not disturbing her but she is getting strong smell from it. She is terrified and confused. Please suggest what is this and what to do.?
Having sex with my partner during period is good or bad for my health as we got married six month only and my age is 27 and age of my husband is 30 and during intercourse we don't use any protection and the sperm goes inside. Any sometime after intercourse during period or in normal case I used to have papaya or pineapple. Please also let me know eating papaya and pineapple is it good or bad for my health. And in future say after completing 1 years of our marriage we are planning for a baby so at that time do we will face any challenges during pregnancy and when we should have sex during pregnancy. And what will be the perfect time so that I get present and we want our baby to be born in the month of September or October 2017. Anyone please guide us on the above query.
Is it safe to have sex immediately after the menstrual cycle ends? For example, if my period ends today so will it be safe to have sex tomorrow?
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a common disease of the endocrine system among women who have attained the reproductive age. Women with this condition generally have ovaries larger in size than the usual, containing small pockets of fluids, also termed follicles. These 'follicles' develop in each of the ovaries as diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound exam. Abnormal or extended menstrual cycles, unusual growth of hair and obesity are some of the common accompanying conditions associated with PCOS. This disorder can interfere with a woman's menstrual cycles, thus making pregnancy difficult. More so, this condition can also impact the way you look and if left untreated for long, can lead to underlying disorders such as diabetes and other cardio vascular diseases.
Causes of PCOS:
- Excessive Insulin secretion: Insulin is a hormone secreted by the pancreas, which allows the body cells to utilize the sugar; the most important energy store of your body. If you suffer from insulin resistance, your body's ability to utilize the insulin gets affected adversely. This forces the pancreas to secrete more insulin in order to keep up with the body's energy supply. This excess insulin might result in an increase in the production of androgen, which in turn, might interfere with the ovulation ability of the ovaries.
- Low- level inflammation: Inflammation is the process by which your body's white blood cells fight infections. Studies reveal that women suffering from PCOS have a low level inflammation which acts as a catalyst in the production of androgens.
- Can be hereditary: If you have someone in your family suffering from this syndrome, you might automatically be at a higher risk of developing this disorder.
Symptoms accompanying PCOS:
- Abnormal menstrual is the most commonly observed symptom. Women suffering from PCOS may have less than nine periods in an entire year and in some cases, even none.
- Excess secretion of male hormone, which is related to excess androgen production may result in symptoms, such as abnormal body and facial hair, acne and baldness, which is identical to that in men.
- Unexplained increase in weight and difficulty losing it as well.
- Another fairly noticeable symptom is depression.