Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in New Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S.K. Sharma
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Submit a review for Dr. S.K. SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have completed my periods on 21 but still when I control my toilet I bleed little only when I control it why this is happening also I had abortion previous month. please give me a solution for that
Age 22 weight 48 kg Sir/Madam I'm facing problem in menstrual cycle for last 5-6 months. In the beginning my menstrual cycle was gradually downward (low bleeding) sometimes hardly one or two days then I got many check ups like hemoglobin level etc but after 2-3 months I feel everything fine without any treatment but in the month December my Periods came between 19 and 25 but after around 5-6 days periods start again 31 Dec. Now I consult again with the doctors they check hemoglobin level again this time and hemoglobin level is 10 right now. What should I do. Could you please give your precious suggestions/ consultations in my case. I'll be obliged to you With regards.
Can you give me broader views about IUI and IVF as a fertility treatment. My spouse tried IUI twice with no success, Is there any other way before we plan for IVF?
Hi, I am 24 year old male. I need suggestion regarding my issue. Few days back I was having sex with a sex worker and in between my condom torn so what should I do.
I have an irregular period and intercourse was done nearly very close to the date of periods. The 2 nd and the 3 rd semen was consumed. What are the symptoms of pregnancy. Is the chances to get pregnant very less? And when does fertilisation occur and when is it okay to find the accurate pregnancy result. What's the percentage of getting pregnant as the semen consumed wasn't removed after intercourse.
My weight was increasing day by day i'm taking proper diet and i'm doing little bit exercise and walking everyday but my weight was gaining. I want to conceive pregnancy. I am trying for that. Weight gain may cause any problem to get pregnant. Please give me some tips to lose weight.
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.