Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I used to mouth ulcer frequently. This started from my birth onwards. The ulcer will last for at least 10 days & it is very painful. I tried a variety of ointments (dologel-ct) tablets. But there is no permanent stop for this.?
I have a pain in my teeth from last 3 days. This pain at the end of my teeth chain, is there any infection or its coming a new teeth?
I'm getting my last teeth and not able to eat, it has stopped coming out and beside it was swelling when I pressed it lite yellow color saliva ki coming please suggest me something to get cured.
I have yellow pale teeth and brownish gums. I brush twice a day and after few hours of brushing my teeth starts becoming yellow and pale. What should I do.
I have to get braces. I wanted to know that will it cause me pain and is it right to have braces at teenage. Please advise.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpaste is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
Kindly tell if there can be space for my wife, who is also a dentist, as part time surgeon in your clinic. -Dr S Bhattacharyya, AIIMS Patna.
I get white spot kind of ulsers in mouth however do not.Pain or irritate.Wonder if it could be sign of cancer as i hv been chewing pan and gutka till 2yrs back.Pl advise.
My teeth are yellowish from many years. I brush daily. What is the possible reason for and remedy for it.
Hi sir my name is Prabhu my father have a problem his age is nearly 35years his problem is bleeding blood in teeth's every 2or 3days so tell me sir he can take which type of treatment to solve that problem plzzz tell me sir.
I have savior pain in my back side teeth, it has become black hole in that .what medicine should I take?
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.