Find numerous Audiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Audiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. S.g.prasadYour feedback matters!
I am a 57 year old man and I continuously get sounds in my 2 ears which has resulted into hear loss. Please suggest what best could be done to avoid this further ?
I am 62 years old. I am having diabetes and hearing loss problem. Are you know any medicine for this to cure 100%.
Sir my right ear is blocked internally. Ear drum is ok. No problem in hearing. Not any pain. Not any fluid leakage from ear. And was under treatment of ent doctor for last two months. I am doing exercise daily by blocking nose and filled air in cheeks. I had also taken several type of anti allergic medicines prescribed by ent but no relief. Please guide me.
I m suffering for tinnitus for one year all reports are positive doctor say ur audiotary nerve become week sir I m now depress any solution
I'm 27 years old. I'm going to take surgery namely called tympanoplasty due to eardrum hole and bilateral hearing loss. Please give me some suggestions whether this treatment will cure my problems.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
There's ringing in my ear every time I catch cold, slowly I am becoming deaf, ringing in ears goes after cold goes but listening ability is further reduced. Is there any permanent cure for this? Will I be able to get back to normal hearing? PS: I had sinuses when I was Kid.
I have hearing problem and use hearing aids. I want to avoid using it but doctors suggest that there is only solution of Choclea implant. Is there any remedy in Ayurveda for this chronic disease.
Hii I am suffering from hearing loss on my right year since 3 years then I experienced ringing sound on my right ear so is there any treatment for hearing loss please suggest me.
I think im obsessing over a tune and it has caused me to actually hear it all the time. please help me I have exams in few week final year mbbs and im not able to study.
I am 17 years old male i am having hearing problem what to doing 17 years old male i am having hearing problem what to do.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am hearing aid user sometimes to hearing se bii proper hearing naii aa pate aurr mujhe hearing aid not give original hearing I am tensed im just 28 years old iic hearing aid user please guide.
My friend is suffering from slightly hearing problem previously he administered antibiotic for chills Us that the reason for hearing problem I heard that some antibiotic got the adverse effect of hearing problem.
Patients suffering from Microtia (left ear) Rt. Ear.ear severe Mixed Hearing loss Lt. Ear profound hearing loss So iske liye kya treatment hai.
Hi i am 30 years old male started suffering from vision loss in right eye and in two months time left eye vision loss started in third month he has lost vision in both eyes and hearing loss started in left ear. So far no diagnosis could be done by doctors
My husband got diagnosed with Tinnitus around 2 months back. He joined swimming few weeks before the constant buzz in his ears. The doctors indicated the water entering inside the ears thru swimming as one of the possible causes. He is on medication since then and has been feeling little better but he has been avoiding swimming ever since. He joined that for overall health and he preferred swimming over gym. But now he doesn't at all go to swim even by using earplugs. Can you please suggest if this was the reason behind his tinnitus and if he really should avoid swimming? I want him to continue swimming n want his tinnitus also to be cured. But please advise what's good for him.
1. Congenital causes
2. Maternal rubella syphilis or certain other infections during pregnancy
3. Low birth weights
4. Birth asphyxia
5. Severe jaundice in neonatal period