Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S D Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. S D PrasadYour feedback matters!
Sir/madam, From last 2 years , I am getting pain in right side foot and leg (only in night time while sleeping). I have also consulted doctor for this. They suggested me to take vitamin tablets and body pain tablets. But still problem not solved. Please suggest me any medication.
Cannula was inserted in my right hand on 15 june, tha veins are still paining a lot at that point. The pain has not gone since more than 15 days.
I am having severe pain on my right calf and the pain continues to go right up to my buttocks, please give me some remedy ?
I have headache and also sneezing. There is cough and cold. Body pain. Leg pain. Hand swelling and pain in back.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
I am suffering from last day morning along with body pains and I am using medicines. After taking medicine it is ok but night time high temperature is coming. Please suggest what I have to do.
Why does pain occur? The mechanism of pain explained
Pain is an unpleasant and distressing physical sensation caused by disease or injury, which induces hurt and anxiety in those suffering from it.
There are many different manifestations of pain, ranging from short term (acute pain) to long term (chronic pain). Other classifications include pain in the internal organs (visceral pain), injured tissue (inflammatory pain), nerves (neuropathic pain), etc.
The reason for the occurrence of pain depends on the cause and kind of pain being experienced. In most cases, pain acts as a warning sign that the body has been afflicted by a disorder of some sort, which may have arisen due to internal sickness or external wounding. Acute pains are generally cured on their own through rest or simple medication. Chronic pains, on the other hand, are more complicated in nature and the treatment requires more elaborate diagnosis.
The mechanism of pain
Pain is an extremely personal and subjective experience and affects each individual to varying degrees. The pain signals, which can arise in any part of the body, travel through the spinal cord to the brain along thousands of specialized nerves and nerve fibres. In the brain, it is processed in the centres associated with anxiety, emotions, memory, appetite, etc. Signals and pain inputs are then returned from the brain to the spinal cord, which may heighten or diminish pain.
In some cases, pain may also be induced by damage to the brain and spinal cord, which happens after a stroke.
A constant barrage of pain signals may cause the cells at the end of nerve fibres to become over-sensitized. This is known as ‘wind-up’ and is one of the most common causes of chronic pain that occurs even though the root of the problem has been identified and treated.
The causes and effects of pain differ from case to case depending on the signals received by the brain and its interpretation. It affects the individual’s day to day activities and if persistent, can also have a harmful impact on mental health and psychosis. Pain is always handled, diagnosed and treated differently in all patients by drawing out the best possible solution to the problem.