Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. S D Prasad

MBBS, MD - Pathology

Pathologist, Bangalore

27 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Dr. S D Prasad MBBS, MD - Pathology Pathologist, Bangalore
27 Years Experience  ·  200 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. S D Prasad
Dr. S D Prasad is one of the best Pathologists in Chandra Layout, Bangalore. He has helped numerous patients in his 27 years of experience as a Pathologist. He has done MBBS, MD - Pathology . You can consult Dr. S D Prasad at Anurag Medical Centre in Chandra Layout, Bangalore. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. S D Prasad on

Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Pathologists with more than 36 years of experience on You can find Pathologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Gulbarga, - 1990
MD - Pathology - JJM Medical College, - 1997
Languages spoken
Professional Memberships
Indian Medical Association (IMA)


Book Clinic Appointment

Anurag Medical Centre

#349/352/6/1/1, Main Road, Chandra Layout. Landmark: Below Domino's Pizza and Food worldBangalore Get Directions
200 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


Get Cost Estimate
Get Cost Estimate
View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. S D Prasad

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I have pain in my spinal cord. When I sit it gets increase. Most of pain is in area around spinal cord. It also increase in night so it is very tough pain so give me some exercises for the purpose.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello , you should consult a physiotherapist for the proper exercises and take Bakson's Spondy aid , 20 drops with warm water twice daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir meri problem hai ki kuch din se mere kamar me aur peeth me pain ho raha hai chair per bathne me pareshani ho rahi hai please help me.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Extension exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 17 year old male. I can't sleep at night. There is some strange kind of pain in my body while sleeping which doesn't let me sleep.

Physiotherapist, Bangalore
1>do some leg exercises - apparently some easy leg lifts, squats, or your leg exercise of choice can help divert blood flow to the legs and away from the brain. This can help quiet the mind, making it easier to sleep. Exercise at least three hours before bedtime so the body has sufficient time to wind down before hitting the sack. 2> eat for sleep - eat foods high in magnesium, like almonds and spinach, and foods high in vitamin b complex, like leafy green vegetables, nuts, and legumes. 3> try a hot bath or shower -stepping from warm water into that pre-cooled bedroom will cause body temperatures to drop slightly, which can trigger sleepy feelings by slowing down metabolic activity. Hope the above tips will help you to have a sound sleep! regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello my mother suffering from bone weakness all over body n also she get swelling during winter season. Please help us.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
give her tab. calcimax once a day. syp. alksol 15 ml thrice a day with in 1 glass of water. checkup thyroid profile. s.calcium , blood sugar, cbc, consult again.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 60 years old female. Problem of having pain and stiffness in whole body specially knee and neck. I want Ayurvedic Dr. To see my problem.

Ayurveda, Mumbai
Good detailed history needed. Simple yoga therapy along with panchkarma required. Good diet and weight control is a must. Some ayurvedic medicines will control the problem.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi. My father is 55 years of age. He's suffering from acute pain in his chest, abdomen, back. The pattern of pain is such that it starts from the ribs below armpit towards centre of chest. Sometimes it starts around naval portion. Sometimes it goes on the back. Pain killer meftal spas doesn't work now. His tests are normal including ct, x ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, ECG, ecco etc. I'm confused he's suffering from last 4 months. He has lost 18 KGS of weight. What to do now? Doctors say its gastritis grade 1. But the pain is very strong. And no medicine is working. Suggest me something. Thank you.

CLINICAL CARDIOLOGY, MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Surat
Hi. Thanks for very well describing your case. As you saud you done ecg and 2d echo tests. You should also do treadmill cardiac stress test. It is a common and simple test. It will tell us whether this pain is related to heart blockages or not. And you should take good medicines for the gastritis. Let me know what are the medicines you are taking now. Take care.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Why You Can Get a Slipped Disc Problem?

Pain Management Specialist, Gurgaon
Why You Can Get a Slipped Disc Problem?

Are you prone to slipped disc problem? + the ideal way to treat it

A slipped disc, also known as a prolapsed disc or herniated disc, is the term given to the phenomenon that occurs when a cartilaginous disc found between the vertebrae in the spine becomes slightly displaced or protrudes, thereby pressing on the nerves in the adjacent areas and causing back pain.
This happens when the soft inner part of the disc, known as nucleus pulposus, bulges out through a weakness in the exterior part of the disc. A prolapsed disc usually occurs in the lower region of the spine and can be of varying sizes. There might even be the development of inflammation around the disc in some cases.

Who is likely to get affected?
Most cases of herniated disc occur in patients between the ages of 30 and 50. The number of men affected is twice as many as the number of women.
Although the root cause of this problem is not yet known, there are a number of factors that may trigger it. These factors include working at a job that requires a lot of lifting, an occupation that involves remaining in a seated position for a long time, weight-bearing sports, obesity, smoking habits and increasing age.

Effective ways of treating the problem
The different methods that are commonly used to treat the problem are:

  • Medications - There are many different kinds of medicines that are effective in providing relief. These include painkillers, muscles relaxants, anti-inflammatory pills, etc.
  • Spinal injections - A number of spinal injections are used to treat slipped discs. The injection is done at the opening where the inflamed nerve roots are found and reduces pain, swelling and irritation in the area.
  • Radiofrequency ablation - This procedure makes use of an electrical current produced by radio waves to reduced pain and sensitivity in the affected area.
  • Ozone discectomy - As opposed to the surgical removal of the prolapsed disc, this new process makes use of an ozone-oxygen mixture that is injected into the spine to treat the problem. Many international studies have proved its superiority to traditional methods and surgeries.

Those affected by this problem are advised to keep exercising and continuing with their everyday activities as best as possible.


Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?

3405 people found this helpful

Hi sir I have suffering some problem. For the headache and body pains. Please help to me how to solve the my problem quick reply my message on the question then they ask my problem.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Tablet Crocin, one tablet 500mg after food when required for headache after food for 2-3 days (maximum 2 tablets with gap of 12 hour can be taken in a day) You need complete evaluation Tell me 1.Do you have eye pain/ strain 2. Any ENT problem like cough/ cold/ blocked nose? 3.Stress/ anxiety 4.Are you taking sleep properly? Follow advise given below Adequate sleep 6-8 hr in a day Get check eyes for refractive error Get BP checked Regular physical exercise and meditation Consult Physician/ me for further management
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am facing problems like less breathing, throat pain, headache, fever, ear pain, body pain, sneezing and running nose from last four days and these symptoms repeated after some time period. Please tell me the name of the disease and what should I do?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
Take tab. sinarest it contains ( Acetaminophen+ Pseudoephedrine+ chlorpheniramine). Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and pseudoephedrine is a combination medicine for throat infection and treat headache, fever, body aches, runny or stuffy nose, sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and sinus congestion caused by allergies, the common cold, or the flu. Do gargle with warm water thrice a day. Drink warm water also. Take plenty of water, liquid diet, dalia, green veg., orange. avoid cold things, avoid cold drinks. Avoid Oily foods. If symptoms are from more days or again persist then do few tests for confirm causes of it.. i.e. CBC. welcome in lybrate.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dr. I have pain in my whole body because I am started the practice of running from yesterday.

Homeopath, Howrah
Nothing to worry about, it happens sometimes as your muscles are stretched. Just apply warm mustard oil over stretched part and do moderate workout. The stiffness will go down slowly in one to two days.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, I am 14 years old I have a body pains what should I do? Please tell me.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Hello, Body pain may be due to 1. fever 2. abrupt start or stop of exercise 3. Any other medical disease like Anaemia/ Hypoproteinemia/ Thyroid problem 4. Vit D deficiency 5. Multimineral and vitamin Deficiency 6.Stress/ anxiety 7. Over exertion (physical and mental) kindly follow advises given below: 1. Take adequate rest 2. Proper diet 3. Measure your temperature and tell me reading 4. Bathing may also reduce body pain 5. Avoid stress Kindly consult Physician for further management
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm suffering from body pains from last 1 week. I can't sleep also. Can you suggest what should be done?

General Physician, Trivandrum
You maybe having a viral fever or you may have had too much exercise that you are not used to regularly. In any case take rest, drink lots of water and consult again if your problems persist or get worse.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife aged 58 years is suffering from severe pain at the bottom of ring finger of right palm since I month. She cannot properly make fist presently or hold /rinse any thing. Please Suggest any homoeopath medicine. If not suggest allopath treat5ment for her. Thank u.

Homeopath, Chennai
Dear lybrate user homoeopathic medicines act best when given based on symptom totality, following medicines can be given 1 rhus tox 30 single dose now 2. Staphysagria 1 m single dose tomorrow morning empty stomach follow up in 3 days.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Respected sir, I have severe body aches and gassiness feeling when it occurs. With this. I have constipation problem. Except this. I have a severe problem that is. Masturbation for past 10 years. Currently I am not doing this. Because I am married. But I feel I have a sexual problem. Please help me. And suggest me what I am doing for this.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
You can take 2 tab. Charcol at night. syp. Aristozyme 10 ml after meal. avoid fast/oily foods,alcohol,smoking,junk foods,fatty foods, take plenty of liquid diets.dalia,green veg.,fiber meals,juice,lassi, if not cure then go for few tests .i.e. stool r/m, stool c/s, cbc, blood sugar,lft,and endoscopy of large intestine. Do yoga/go for walk. for your sexual problems you should be do meditation .avoid masturbation if possible.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Chronic Pain - Is it Linked to Our Emotions?

Pain Management Specialist, Delhi
Chronic Pain - Is it Linked to Our Emotions?

If you suffer from chronic pain of any kind, it is important for you to know that it is associated and linked with your emotions. Other than your physical activities and personal relationships getting hampered, unwanted feelings like resentment, stress and frustration are also common. These emotions and feelings are capable of making your chronic pain condition more worse. 

The Relationship between your mind and body: Your mind and body work together and cannot be separated. Your mind controls all your thoughts and also affects the way in which pain is controlled or perceived by the body. Pain and the fear of pain may lead you to avoid activities. This may reduce your physical strength and cause disruption in the functioning of your body.

Stress: Stress affects your body both physically and emotionally. It may lead to an increase in your blood pressure, breathing rate, heart rate and muscle tension may also occur. These may lead to fatigue, appetite changes and sleep disruption. Stress also causes depression, anxiety, make you dependent on drugs and make you dependent on other people.

Depression: Depression is common among chronic pain patients. Chronic pain can make cases of existing depression much more worse and the existing pain is also worsened. There are chances of developing depression from chronic pain if depression runs in your family or genes. 

Symptoms of Depression are as follows:

  1. Feeling sad, angry, worthless and hopeless frequently
  2. Lack of energy
  3. Lack of interest in regular activities
  4. Difficulty in sleeping
  5. An increase or decrease in appetite, which may lead to major weight gain or weight loss
  6. Difficulty with concentration
  7. Having suicidal thoughts and thoughts about dying or harming oneself

How to Handle your Emotions during Chronic Pain: A common therapy, which people with chronic pain undertake is called Cognitive Behavioural therapy. You should seek the help of a therapist. In this therapy, you will learn about thinking in a positive way instead of drowning in negative thoughts. Your fear of pain will be reduced and you will learn how to strengthen important relationships. You will be able to develop a sense of freedom from chronic pain. 

If your chronic pain occurs due to an accident or emotional trauma, you may be assessed for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) by your healthcare provider. Many patients suffering from PTSD cannot deal with their pain until the emotional stress is dealt with. If you feel depressed and cannot control your emotions, you need to consult a doctor.

11 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My whole body is paining from 3 days. Even I am not able to sleep properly. What to do?

General Physician, Cuttack
Take one tablet of crocin 500mg sos after food,drink plenty of water and take rest.Avoid severe physical and mental exertion
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I hve red eyes and having pain in whole body fever come at day and night advise me what to do now.

MS - Ophthalmology, DNB (Ophthalmology), MBBS
Ophthalmologist, Delhi
It appears that you have some viral infection and associated eye involbement. My advise is that you consult a physician and eye specialist. Take care of your health good wishes.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in whole body 24/7 I feel tired even if am doing nothing. Xray MRI arthritis blood test vitamin D and B12 all normal.

MBBS, Diploma in Psychological Medicine, M.D Psychiatry
Psychiatrist, Kolkata
Hi lybrate-user, it seems that you may have anxiety and depression. In both of these condition patients complains of fatigues, pain over several regions. Also you may have somatoform pain disorder. In those cases usually the reports are normal. I think you can consult with neuropsychiatrist. Hope you will be improved. Do stretching exercises and yoga also. Thanks.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed