Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S D Prasad
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S D PrasadYour feedback matters!
My fasting blood sugar i. E. Mean level for the past six months is 256, inspite of my taking morning and evening medication of diamecron 500 mexr. The reason for uncontrolled diabetes and cure for the same, I mean alternative medicine to control the same.
Hi. Sir am diabetic, am taking glyciphage 50mg 1 at after dinner am vegetarian. My weight is 104kg, like to walk and am walking 3km perday, but now if I walk more my sugar gose down. And take medication for BP talma-am 40mg. I feel hungry everyafter 3 hours. I take full breakfast at 9am. Lunch at 2pm only moong dal and rice and salads. Some snacks at 7 pm. Dinner at 9.30pm. Some bhaji and chapati And curd or chas. But cant reduce my weight. Am I taking right medicine. I check my sugar and bp at every 3-4 months. Please guide me..
Aap sabhi ko mere namaskar. Mai Dr. Arum Kumar Singh bol rha hun. Mai endocrinologist and diabetologist hun. Delhi or Faridabad me practice krta hun. Is video ke madhyam se me diabetes ke treatment me recent developments hui hain, unke bare me bat krunga apse. Aap sabhi ko pta hai ki diabetes ek aam samsya ho gyi hai hmare desh me. Aur kayi sare logon ko diabetes hai. Aur kayi sare treatment ke options hain, tablets hain, injections hain. Par pichle kuch salon me kayi sari nyi developments hui hain. Treatment me bhut sari taraki hui hai. Agar purani tablets ki bat kren jo diabetes ko control krne k lia hai, pehle kuch tablets se side-effects hote the. Sugar low ho jana, weight gain hona. To ab aisi dwaiyan aa gyi hai diabetes k lia jinse sugar control to hogi par kbhi low nhi hogi. Bilkul safe hain aur kbhi bhi hypoglycemia nhi hota hai in tablets se. Dusra hai weight gain hona.
So, ab aise bhi dwaiyan hai, jinse actually weight gain nhi hota. Kuch tablet or injections se weight loss hota hai. Quki diabetes k kayi sare patients motte hote hain or unka vajan adhik hota hai. To especially un marizon k lia bhut ach dawaiyan hai, inse weight ya to na badhe ya ho ske to kam ho jaye. Agar convenience ki bat kren to kayi patient hai jinko kayi saal se diabetes hai unko insulin injection lena pdta hai. Kuch patient ka ek injection se sugar control ho jata hai. Kayi sare patients ko kayi injections lene pdte hain jaise din me 3-4 injections. Ab insulin pen aa gyi hai, jo ready made device hoti hai. Bhut hi shi tarike se usko dial kr k shi dose lgaya ja skta hai.
Aur is technology ki vjha se injection lgana bhut hi asan kam ho gya hai. Dusra jinko kayi sare injections lagte hain din me, unke lia insulin pump hai. Insulin bhut hi chota sa device hota hai mobile pump ki trha. Pocket me leke hmesha carry kia ja skta hai. Aur usme bhut hi patli se catheter hota, pipe hota hai. Jis s insulin lgatar flow hota rehta hai. Apko injection nhi lgana pdta hai or 24 hours insulin delivery hoti rhegi. Aur har bar aap har ghanta k lia dose set kar skte hain. Is s ek or fyada hota hai ki sugar low hone ka khtra kam ho jata hai. Aur nyi nyi devices hain jo apko alarm deti hain, sugar high ho ya low ho. Insulin pump khud hi off ho jayega apka sugar low hone se pehle.
Aur kuch or bhi nye treatments hain jaise week me ek injection diabetes control krne ke lia. So, jo log din me 2-3 injection lgate hain, uske badle week me ek injection hi lgana pdta hai quki uska ek hafte tak asar rehta hai. Aur us se bhi weight loss hota hai. Aur safety ki bat kren to kayi sare diabetes ke patient ko heart ka problem hota hai, kidney ki samsya hoti hai. Aur jo nyi dwaiyan aayi hai diabetes ki, unme se kuch heart k lia bhi faydemand hain. Kidney k lia bhi faydemand hain. In fact, agar heart failure ki bat kren especially, kuch nyi tablets diabetes control ke sath sath heart failure se bhi bacha ja skta hai. Aisa dekha gya hai ki jin patients ka heart weak hai or diabetes hai jinko ye dwaiyan di gyi, to unka diabetes to control hoga hi sath me, unki heart failure ki bhi samsya kam ho gyi. Aur bhi kayi sari new developments hain. Apko agar ki or query hai ya koi sawal hai to aap mujhe directly contact kar skte hain website ke madhyam se.
Sugar level is 81 in empty stomach. Problem is frequent urination some time after 1and half hour and some time after two hour. Is it normal?
Hi Dr. I had hypothyroid in pregnancy last year but at present I feel same symptoms pls tell which thyroid test can be done To know about abnormal thyroid level?
Hello doctor I am thalassemia major have diabetes and avascular necrosis for 1 year I am taking rosutor A 10/75 cap. I am consulting you because I am worried that is this capsule contains steroid because the reason of my avn is steroid also. Thank you.
I am suffering from. Hypothyroid .and taking thyronorm 62.5 mg now my tsh is 2.61.but I am gaining weight. And also I want to stop this allopathic medicine some one suggest me to take kanchnar guggulu for thyroid .i want to know can I take both medicine together n also anything for weight loss I always take a balance diet. Pls suggest.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
Related Tip: Does Hormonal Imbalance Hint the Risk of Diabetes?