Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. S. Chandrika DuttYour feedback matters!
My foot heel pains too much in the morning. And its specially very hard to feel in the cold days I do not get any relief even after visiting doctors of my region. What should I do? Please help.
Sir my neck Is pain sometimes. Am feeling under comfortballad. Am talking more and more medicine but it has no cure for me please help me sir. What kind of medicine I take.
From last 3 weeks I feel pain in my legs and moreover I feel to much tired. I just want to know ; is this the symptoms of typhoid and what type of precaution I have to taken?
Hello, i, m 24 year old male. My problem is that I had an accident of my right knee before 4 year and my acl and meniscus (both are of 3rd degree) got tear. And right now im very busy in my job so I can not go for surgery. But after 8 moths I will make my surgery done. So I want to know that is there any problem in delaying the surgery?
I'm 45 years old My weight is 79kg and height is 5.7 for the past three months i'm suffering from left hand knee pain and also left leg knee pain. The left leg I can't fold it back side. BP and Sugar is normal. How will cure this problems?
I have pain in my left knee how it will be cure. Please give suggestion for curing it. If there is some medicine for it.
My both hamstring are paining when do some bending moment what to do I cannot even lift weights while bending.
My name is Harish my age is 20 years. Few days back I have back pain it is very much pain sir please solve my problem.
The most common cause of neck pain can be cervical disc disease. It is generally caused by the abnormality of the disc that is the cushion present between the vertebrae. The disc can get damaged because of arthritis or any unknown cause. When damaged, it usually leads to inflammation or spasm of the muscles leading to neck pain.
There are a number of pain medications, traction exercises, and physical therapy for minimizing the neck pain. However, these home based remedies help in relieving pain along with a speedy recovery:
- Take it easy: If you have a busy and hectic life, then take it easy. Living with cervical disc diseases can lead to an increase in the neck pain; thus cutting down on activities helps. A comfortable position should be observed while resting. If need be then a pillow can be placed under the neck.
- Apply Cold/Heat Pack: There is always a confusion regarding whether a cold or a hot pack is to be used. The recommendation is to use ice or cold pack for the first 24 to 48 hours of the injury, so that the swelling subsides. This should then be followed by hot fermentation in order to improve the muscle stiffness and also loosen them. But in case of a cervical disc disease neither cold nor heat penetrates the tissue to relieve inflammation, so it is best to use the one which feels better. Whichever, pack is chosen it should only be used for 20 minutes and then left for 40 minutes. Take care and do not use ice or heat directly against the skin.
- Stretch: Stretching exercises should be done in order to improve the flexibility and relieve pain in the neck. Exercises can be performed after warming up of the muscles by a warm towel or bath. Here are a few simple stretches for cervical disc disease that you can do at home:
- Move the neck: As per the study by the American Medical Association, women who had neck pain got relief when they did exercises using light weight and resistance bands. This increased their endurance and strength of the neck muscles. Also, 30 minutes of exercise in the form of biking, walking, swimming, and biking is recommended to improve the blood flow.
- Maintain the posture of the neck: A bad posture can cause a neck pain. Every time while standing, sitting, walking, lifting the posture should be kept in mind. The head and neck should be kept straight and the back should be supported in order to avoid neck pains.