Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt

Anesthesiologist, Bangalore

Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt Anesthesiologist, Bangalore
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care....more
I believe in health care that is based on a personal commitment to meet patient needs with compassion and care.
More about Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt
Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt is an experienced Anesthesiologist in BTM Layout, Bangalore. She is currently practising at Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt in BTM Layout, Bangalore. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt on has a number of highly qualified Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 41 years of experience on You can find Anesthesiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt

Plot No. 81, 1st Cross, 2nd Main, Ashadeep Building, BTM Layout, Bangalore Get Directions
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. S. Chandrika Dutt

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Master of Physical Therapy MPT CARDIO, BPTh/BPT
Physiotherapist, Rajkot
6 people found this helpful

Sprain & Strain - How To Differentiate Between The Two?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS), MBBS, Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE)
Orthopedist, Hyderabad
Sprain & Strain - How To Differentiate Between The Two?

What is a strain?
A strain is a muscular injury caused due to poor posture or any physical activity that exerts a lot of pressure on the muscle. It is nothing, but a torn muscle or tissue connected to a bone. A strain can occur in any muscle of the body, but it most commonly occurs in the lower back, neck, shoulder, and hamstring, which is the muscle behind your thigh.

What is pain?
A pain is an extreme sensation of discomfort or distress that might be caused due to external stimulus. In a nutshell, it’s an unpleasant sensory or emotional experience.

One can differentiate between a pain and a strain through the following ways

  1. Symptoms: One of the major symptoms of a strain is acute pain. Simultaneously, the torn muscle will be sore; it will be discoloured and swollen. Movement will be limited in that part of the body and the patient will get a ‘knotted-up’ feeling because muscular injury weakens or stiffens the muscle. Another major symptom of strain includes muscular spasm. Pain on the other hand is a state of physical and sensory discomfort caused due to an external stimulus. The affected area will not have the aforementioned symptoms and is not limited to muscular injury.
  2. Length of time: One of the key ways to differentiate between a muscle strain and pain is the amount of time the symptoms persist. Normal pain lingers for about three days and is reduced with medication. In case of muscular strain, the pain lasts longer because the injury is internal. The muscles are sore and stiff and remain weak until treated.
  3. Type of distress: The feeling of pain usually persists irrespective of the fact that the patient is at rest or is not moving; while in a muscular strain, the patient is not distressed at rest but experiences major discomfort when trying to use or move the affected part of the body.

The sensation of pain usually worsens with activity. On the other hand a muscular strain is treated with muscular exercises such as stretching. If the patient doesn’t use the affected muscle for a long period of time, it tends to worsen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedics.

4294 people found this helpful

Legs burning below the knee from many years. He visit many Dr. But still same problem.

MD - Anaesthesiology
Anesthesiologist, Anand
Lybrate-user ji first of all you should chek your bloid sugar to know if you have diabetes. If you have diabetes than you should take treatment for that. And if that is normal you should chek your vit b12 level if that is less than also can have such burning. If it is so you should take treatment to correct it. In that case you can consult me privately. Thanks.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I m 22years old grl. I suffer backpain. About one month. I am faced backpain problem. Whn I sit n study. Wht should I do.

Ayurveda, Ambala
First of all check your posture when you are lifting any material like heavy bucket . And try to lift the heavy bucket without bending your back . you may lift the bucket after bending your knees only. This will definitely help you. * Gentle massage with lukewarm mustard oil of your waist area will also give you relief. * Surya Namaskar is only exercise which you need to do. * In diet vegetable protein of cereal , B complex supplements and half teaspoon of haldi in a cup of milk for seven days will give you enough relief.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from back pain from past 6 years. I had consulted many doctors in the city. When I bend my back spinal was not able to bent, please suggest me the remedy.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily – Lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana? Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My leg muscles tend to catch often. And I have this sharp feel if I sit for long time at one place. What can be done about it.

Physiotherapist, Noida
Keep your leg raised while sitting or lying quadriceps strengthening exercises hamstring stretching calf muscles stretching contrast bath.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 53 years old female and I have got pain in my knee from 6 months, have taken allopathic treatment but temp. Relief only. What are the alternative treatments.

BHMS, Certified in Aesthetic Skin Treatments, Certified in Applied Behaviour Analysis
Homeopath, Mumbai
A lot of different conditions and diseases are associated with knee pain. Knee pain lasting for a short amount of time may simply be caused by overexertion. The following list is the most common reasons for knee pain : Arthritis, Bursitis, Cysts, Gout, Ligament injury, Meniscus related problems, Osteonecrosis, Obesity and advanced age. No matter what is causing the pain, it can be treated effectively by homeopathic mode of treatment. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. The aim of homeopathy is not only to remove the symptom of knee pain but to cure its underlying cause. Consult online for homeopathic medicines and further evaluation.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 27 year old. My acl ( legament) of knee get tear off. Dr advice me to do surgury. What should I do? please can knee brace or knee caliper helps me to avoid surgery?

Fellowship in Shoulder and Knee Surgeries, DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Orthopedist, Nagpur
Surgery to reconstruct acl is to restore your knee function. It is very important structure of knee. Instability of knee leads to meniscus tear and chondral damage over period of time. Anyhow you will end up with surgery. Delayed surgery will have compromised outcome. It' s your knee and your choice.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a knee pain for 2 months in my right leg. I am getting this pain when bend my leg. May I know the reason of getting this pain? How can I cure this?

Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)
Occupational Therapist, Delhi
Get your knee x-ray done Do knee isometrics Do straight leg taising exercise Avoid long standing, floor sitting & crossed leg sitting Take calcium & vit D supplements
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My friend of age 23 male got the pain on the joint of the right hand only (wrist joint). But he s actually left-handed. He did scan n x-ray but there is no problem, said doctor. Wat may be his problem, please give d solution.

Master in Physiotherapy (MPT), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), CMT-Diploma in Osteopathy
Physiotherapist, Gurgaon
This may b the carpel tunnel or dequerveins disease. Just try emwith icepacks for 15 min. If pain persists after that then go for physiotherapy.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a question to my respected team. I am having a pain in my left leg as my left thumb has swallowed for over 3 days. I don't know how it happened. Do I take medicine for it or consult with a Dr. First. This is caused to wear shoes.

Physiotherapist, Kota
Leg pain k liye calf stretchings or periformis stretchings or T. F. L stretching ilio psos muscles ki stretching kijiye sweelings ho to ice pack kijiye or sweeling nhi ho to hot pack ka use ap kijiye. Heel track kijiye… weight cuff 1-2kg use kijiye or leg exercise kijitye hips up nd down exercise kijiye…. Walking kijiye phle edii rakiye fir panjaa rakijiye 6-9 kaadaam chalet huye apni walking ki capacity incress kijiye daily 1000 kaadaam ap chaliye …deep breath lijiye pani jada se jada pijiye ……. Long sitting, standing, clambing avoide kijiye I hope ap jaldi ache ho jayege thnx.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have a problem on my left leg, yesterday I met an accident where my leg was injured. But I did not see any fracture on leg. But I do have some little pain. What can I do now?

MBBS, Ph.D. Alternative medicine
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Patiala
You must get your leg x-rayed to know whether there is a fracture or not. If not it could be some muscle tear or pull. For that apply some rubifacient cream like relaxyl, volini etc. And use some muscle relaxant tablets best wishes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 30 years old. I have vertigo. I feel very giddy tired and have a neck ache. What should I do?

Dip. SICOT (Belgium), MNAMS, DNB (Orthopedics), MBBS
Orthopedist, Delhi
Hi thanks for your query and welcome to lybrate. I am Dr. Akshay from fortis hospital, new delhi. You have mentioned pain in neck region as the main problem. You are actually very young to have persistent pain. If there is only localized pain in neck region with no other associated symptoms like radiating pain, numbness, paresthesias etc, and no systemic symptoms like fever, loss of appetite, loss of weight etc, my advice to you for initial 2-3 weeks will be: - to maintain proper posture of your neck while working and sleeping and observing principles of neck ergonomics - if pain is more then you can take a short course of an anti-inflammatory medication like tab etoshine or even tab paracetamol which suits you - intensive physical therapy initially under supervision of a trained physiotherapist and then to continue at home - adequate calcium & vitamin d intake if levels are low in body - ice packs can applied 3-4 times in a day - analgesic spray for local application like dynapar qps spray can be used and is easily available. If there is no improvement in 2-3 weeks with this conservative management, we will need to evaluate you further in form of dynamic x rays to look for any instability as a cause for pain and some blood investigations to rule out any deficiencies etc. You can also have vertigo due to neck issues and other causes as well, you can take tab vertin or stugeron on sos basis if you unbearable vertigo but in that case we ill have to get mri cervical spine done in your case. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old having pain in knee sometime find difficulties in air on knee. What should I do.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Navi Mumbai
first of all you should follow some basic thing 1.avoid=hot and cold at time 2.less the sugar as much as possible if you want to eat sweet take juggery which is black 3.dont drink water after meal drink at the time of meal sip by sip up to 150 ml 4.avoid late night sleep 5.sinha nad guggul 1 tab before lunch and dinner 2.dashamularishta 2 tsp before lunch and dinner
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My MRI report is Minimal knee effusion Partial tear if pcl Ligamentous sprain/low grade partial tear of acl Grade 2 miniscal signal (intrasubstance meniscus tear/medical degeneration) in posterior horn medial meniscus. So what I care for it and what I do.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
Orthopedist, Trichy
partial tears do not require any surgery. Unless you have any mechanical symptoms like locking you can treat it conservatively. once the pain settles then you have to do quadriceps and hamstring strengthening exercises. avoid high impact activities like jogging on artificial terrain and contact sports.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is aged 50 years. She get crunches in the legs in the evening normally. She is a teacher in a school in which she moves from ground to second floors two to three times in a day. Kindly advice some medicine for stopping crunches in the legs.

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi I can understand your problem. *take rest *increase fluid intake *gently stretch or massage your leg muscle. * apply heat to tight muscles or cold to tender muscles. * keep moving, do not stand for long. * there are various treatment options in physiotherapy which depends on your health and severity of your symptoms. Kindly reply for private consultation to discuss detailed treatment plan. Wishing you good health.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am facing stiffness in shoulders may be due to fusion of 3-4 vertbra nerves in cervicals what should i do ?

Physiotherapist, Delhi
Start with Physiotherapy sessions and learn exercise for cervical . Take calcium supplement and methyl cobalamine for One month.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Respected Doctor, for last one month I am having pain in my back, approximately behind the heart towards right hand, not on the back bone. Sometime it is very low or feels like shifted. I am feared. Kindly suggest some solution.

General Physician, Cuttack
Chest pain causes 1. Heart disease 2. Stress, anxiety 3. Lack of exercise 4. Sedentary life style 5. Obesity (over weight) 6. Smoking, tobacco and alcohol consumption, excess tea/coffee 7. Excess oily, fatty, cholesterol rich diet, junk food 8. Hyperacidity, musculr pain 9. Heredity and genetic factor prevention follow the advice given below 1. Avoid stress and strain 2. Do regular exercise, yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress 3 avoid alcohol, smoking and tobacco consumptio, excess tea/coffee. 4. Take bland diet, avoid spicy, oily, fatty and junk food 5. Take paracetamol 500 mg one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets daily, at the time of chest pain 6. Drink plenty of water and take rest. 7. If you have recurrent attack of chest pain take ecg and consult cardiologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My plytlyets going to down it has comes to 85000. My body has more pain. How I do to increase my plytlyets?

General Physician, Mumbai
For increasing your platelets we need to treat the cause and I will suggest you to eat nutritious home made food with adequate fluid intake and take physical rest and for pain take tablet paracetamol 650 mg.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Pain in centre of chest, after some time it's transfer to same place on back, this process continues, kabhi chest pe, kabhi back pe, what type of trouble is this?

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear Lybrate user, -From your symptoms you are suffering from hyperacidity -follow some dietary changes & exercise programme for relief -completely avoid fried, spicy & junk food, restrict tea, coffee to 1-2 cups/day, drink it after having biscuits or some snack, have cold milk 2-3 times a day, also avoid alcohol, chew your food well, do not skip any meal, have meals on time, do not lye down immediately after meals, have dinner 2-3 hrs before bedtime -do aerobic exercises like walking for 30 min, also do yoga for good digestion -have 8-10 glasses of water per day -carry on with medication, if not much relief the get upper GI endoscopy done for proper diagnosis, consult a gastroenterologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed