Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. S ChandrashekharYour feedback matters!
I have pyria in my teeth since two weeks. I have used all home remedies . But it did not work for me .Please suggest me any solution. Thanks in advance.
Hello sir/madam I am facing the problem of bark in mouth. They occur very frequently. I take several medicines but don't get permanent solution, currently I am taking betnesol & bikasul caplsules, please advise what to do ?
I have my bad smell coming from my mouth from childhood and it doesn't goes even I used to do brush two time then also it does not goes. I had one teeth problem then I made root canal but also it still smelling bad so can you tell me solution for this.?
सर,मेरे दांतों में एनेमल जम गए है। मैंने स्केलिंग भी करवाया था कुछ दिन तक ठीक रहा पर फिर से यही समस्या है। मसूड़े दांत छोड़ रहे हैं और दांतो के बीच गैपिंग बढ़ रहा है। भोजन के एक-दो घंटे बाद हल्का स्मेल आने लगता है। सबसे ज्यादा चिंता गैपिंग बढ़ने को लेकर है। विक्को का पेस्ट और मंजन यूज़ कर रहा हु सुबह शाम। सर कोई सोल्युशन बतायें। धन्यवाद!
I have yellowness in my teeth. Blood also have come. Please give some home remedies to remove my teeth's yellowness nd advise how stop blood in teeth during brushing and eating.
If mouth ulcers don't heal for about 15 days after treatment, then what are the further symptoms of mouth cancer.
My father in law is 63 years old. Nowadays he is facing burning sensation on the tongue. What is this and is the remedy.
What could be the best recovery method? I just had an major road accident. I had stitches on forehead, near eyebrow and on cheek. And I have lost my 4 teeth. So can you suggest what should I do to recover fast?
What dental pre cautions we should take at 64 years of age. & is it necessary to put cap if tooth is not there.
I discontinued my braces treatment at end of 2015 and now again I started to continue my treatment but dentist said that your old doctor treated your teeth very badly &they get very sensitive and weak. She treating me very slowly becozz my teeth is very weak. Is there any solution to get back my teeth as early as possible? Give me a solution (food) for my good teeth.
Hi doctor, I'm 24 years old and I have a tooth problem, my teeth are little bit projecting outwards. I want to know that is there any surgery to straighten my teeth. I'm not interested in tooth braces. Please do send me if there is any surgery for it.
I am 18 years old female. I have problem in my mouth. I have white deposits in my palatine tonsil. It was appeared in my mouth few months back also but it was disappeared after few days. But now its start reappearing again. What's the reason behind that & what should I do so it will not occurs again?
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.